Online Baptist

Do you wear a face mask in church, during service?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tulsa has a "mask ordinance" which our church reminds us of in the weekly newsletters. The problem is the ordnance in vaguely worded and the police publicly announced the day the ordinance was passed

You can edit your statement of "always change" to mostly. My whole family (5 of us) are all survivors of Covid-19 and we did not change as we do not wear masks at our church. However, we also do not t

Not when the overarching law of the land, the constitution, doesn't give them the authority to make the demand.  "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibitin

• Administrators

PastorMatt, from everything I have read and heard, Covid is a respiratory virus. This makes me wonder how you know you had Covid.  Was it determined that you had Covid from testing?

There has been a lot on the news about the test they use for testing for Covid being a faulty test. There has also been a lot about the tests returning a "false positive".

I don't mean to start another Covid controversy, but because of the mild symptoms you and your family had, it makes me wonder.

Just to keep this thread on topic I will add that we do not wear face masks at our church as a general rule. Since this all started there have been 2-3 people that wear them once in a while and we have them available for anyone that wants and does not have one.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

PastorMatt, from everything I have read and heard, Covid is a respiratory virus. This makes me wonder how you know you had Covid.  Was it determined that you had Covid from testing?

Yes, I had a positive test back in May. After I tested positive my family was tested a few days later and all 4 came back positive as well. TBH, my wife has quite a few underlying conditions and she was 100% fine with Covid. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

There has been a lot on the news about the test they use for testing for Covid being a faulty test. There has also been a lot about the tests returning a "false positive".

I don't mean to start another Covid controversy, but because of the mild symptoms you and family your had, it makes me wonder.

Just to keep this thread on topic I will add that we do not wear face masks at our church as a general rule. Since this all started there have been 2-3 people that wear them once in a while and we have them available for anyone that wants and does not have one.

The great thing about Covid is all other illnesses including the flu, cancer, heart attack, pneumonia, etc etc as well as deaths from vehicular accidents, falls, congenital issues, etc etc also have all be eliminated. We only have Covid left to deal with.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
On 12/27/2020 at 9:21 PM, Hugh_Flower said:

Let me be exact, the horrifying is this

"we have weird motto spoken in malls and public places, it's like this 'the mask is part of you, the mask is the essence of your being, wear the mask to feel safe, wear the mask to feel human'"

Yes...absolutely horrifying!

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I'm a greeter and an usher, therefore to calm the fears of members or those folks who wander in as guests and are fearful of people who may come near to them (opening the door, handing them a bulletin, showing them the restroom locations, hand sanitizer locations, or for those who offer a hand to shake) I wear a mask. When we sit down for SS class or for worship services we take the masks off. We sing--listen--shout AMEN!--Preach it!--That's right!--without a mask. When it's time to leave I put the mask on until the building is empty or myself and other board members only are remaining. I wouldn't wear masks at all if it were not for my ministry.

• Members
2 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I'm a greeter and an usher, therefore to calm the fears of members or those folks who wander in as guests and are fearful of people who may come near to them (opening the door, handing them a bulletin, showing them the restroom locations, hand sanitizer locations, or for those who offer a hand to shake) I wear a mask. When we sit down for SS class or for worship services we take the masks off. We sing--listen--shout AMEN!--Preach it!--That's right!--without a mask. When it's time to leave I put the mask on until the building is empty or myself and other board members only are remaining. I wouldn't wear masks at all if it were not for my ministry.

Required first service, optional second service!

• Members
3 hours ago, Yeshuafan said:

The first service is pretty much elderly and they feel much better wearing the mask and social distancing! The majority come second service, no mask

Churches that don't practices social distancing will be in trouble. 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Churches that don't practices social distancing will be in trouble. 

Care to add some clarification to that statement? Why and with who will churches be in trouble?

From a biblical standpoint, social distancing is anti unity. A church is supposed to united, like a family, that takes close social  interaction.

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Do we see "the day approaching"?

• Members
9 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Care to add some clarification to that statement? Why and with who will churches be in trouble?

From a biblical standpoint, social distancing is anti unity. A church is supposed to united, like a family, that takes close social  interaction.

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Do we see "the day approaching"?

Yes Sir, the verse Hebrews 10:25 have to do with fellowship and worship in the last days. I am taking about COVID-19 in 2021 by not practicing at church, work, or in the public, will pay the price of getting sick. We should not temp God, by saying, I’m covered by the blood, nothing will happen to me?

• Members
2 hours ago, E Morales said:

Yes Sir, the verse Hebrews 10:25 have to do with fellowship and worship in the last days. I am taking about COVID-19 in 2021 by not practicing at church, work, or in the public, will pay the price of getting sick. We should not temp God, by saying, I’m covered by the blood, nothing will happen to me?

You are correct. Thanks for your reply.

As an aside, God will not protect us from our own ignorance or stupidity. [Rather gently said.]

• Lady Administrators

Nor will He excuse our lack of faith...rather ungently said.  Stop it, Bill. People who do not agree with you are neither stupid nor ignorant. 

We all get that you and E think you are more spiritual and smarter than those of us who don't kowtow to your bludgeoning...even if done "gently."

Apparently you are both so spiritual that you know that Heb. 10:25 - while being admitted to having to do with fellowship and worship - does not apply with covid. Who knew that God couldn't foresee a virus that would pre-empt His Word. 

We have gone round and round in this thread, and so now it is time to put it to rest.

If you think a thin piece of cloth is going to protect you from a virus, then wear one and be happy. If you think you are more intelligent or more spiritual than others because you wear one, please learn what scripture says about pride. And have a nice day.

Thread locked.