Online Baptist

Do you wear a face mask in church, during service?

• Members
On 12/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, PastorMatt said:

You can edit your statement of "always change" to mostly. My whole family (5 of us) are all survivors of Covid-19 and we did not change as we do not wear masks at our church. However, we also do not tell folks to wear or not to wear masks, we tell them to wear whatever makes them feel comfortable. 

BTW... we all caught it while wearing masks....just saying.  

I tried to edit to change always to mostly, but could not edit this post, or can not now. Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tulsa has a "mask ordinance" which our church reminds us of in the weekly newsletters. The problem is the ordnance in vaguely worded and the police publicly announced the day the ordinance was passed

You can edit your statement of "always change" to mostly. My whole family (5 of us) are all survivors of Covid-19 and we did not change as we do not wear masks at our church. However, we also do not t

Not when the overarching law of the land, the constitution, doesn't give them the authority to make the demand.  "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibitin

• Members

All religious institutions thus building are FORCED to require masks, even during services, they would get fined if someone were to be caught without it, you can also get fined if you wear a mask and let your nose become visible

Americans are fortunate to have this liberty of not wearing a mask if they don't want it? I hope I got that right

In my country, you need to wear mask AT ALL TIME otherwise heavy fines, we have weird motto spoken in malls and public places, it's like this 'the mask is part of you, the mask is the essence of your being, wear the mask to feel safe, wear the mask to feel human' - just weird stuff like that everywhere, we aren't allowed to do anything without them

• Members
1 hour ago, Hugh_Flower said:

That is horrifying Corinne!

This can happen here in America, if people are dying left and right. I remember that in the end time, the Bible says that all Nation will turn against Israel. Could have a virus wipe out America? who knows

Loop Health GIF by xponentialdesign

• Members
On 12/24/2020 at 10:02 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

I choose to wear a mask to protect others and myself. I do not believe it is Christlike to potentially put others in danger. 

Why stop at a mask? Go all the way with a biohazard suit because there's more than just Wuhan that you can pass on to others which can potentially kill them 

4 hours ago, E Morales said:

This can happen here in America, if people are dying left and right. I remember that in the end time, the Bible says that all Nation will turn against Israel. Could have a virus wipe out America? who knows

Liberalism will wipe out America long before any virus.

13 hours ago, Corinne said:

All religious institutions thus building are FORCED to require masks, even during services, they would get fined if someone were to be caught without it, you can also get fined if you wear a mask and let your nose become visible

Americans are fortunate to have this liberty of not wearing a mask if they don't want it? I hope I got that right

In my country, you need to wear mask AT ALL TIME otherwise heavy fines, we have weird motto spoken in malls and public places, it's like this 'the mask is part of you, the mask is the essence of your being, wear the mask to feel safe, wear the mask to feel human' - just weird stuff like that everywhere, we aren't allowed to do anything without them

Ironically, no one is wearing masks in Wuhan, China. They already have communism, the Uni-Party and a social credit system in place.

• Moderators

I will say, the one thing we can be truly thankful for the Covid about, is that no one seems to be dying of cancer, or heart disease, or the flu, or much of anything else, since everything is Covid. All covid, all the time. 

I think I just read somewhere that the suspected Nashville bomber, whose body parts were found at the blast site, is reported to have died of Covid. I may be wrong. Lol.

• Members
6 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

I will say, the one thing we can be truly thankful for the Covid about, is that no one seems to be dying of cancer, or heart disease, or the flu, or much of anything else, since everything is Covid. All covid, all the time. 

I think I just read somewhere that the suspected Memphis bomber, whose body parts were found at the blast site, is reported to have died of Covid. I may be wrong. Lol.

Yes, you could be wrong, it's all Trump fault.  😄

Loop Trump GIF

• Administrators
On 12/24/2020 at 7:40 PM, E Morales said:

Some do agree to wear a mask to be safe, some don't?  This is Amazing...

Emily Carey Eating GIF by Luis Ricardo

I caught Covid while wearing a mask...how safe is it really?

On 12/24/2020 at 7:51 PM, E Morales said:

I tried to edit to change always to mostly, but could not edit this post, or can not now. Thanks

I did not mean to come across that you had to edit it, I was just being sarcastic. Lol

• Members
On 12/6/2020 at 12:58 AM, HappyChristian said:

No, we do not mask at church. No state has a "law" that says masking is mandatory. What they have is governors and unelected "health officers" who mandate or proclaim certain "guidance" recommendations, or just state that people must do this or that.  The problem with that is that those governors do not have legal authority to do so. And any AG or court that supports them is going against not only the federal constitution but the state constitution as well.

In our state the governor updated his guidance recommendations the other day to tell us that no church may have more than 25% attendance or 200, whichever is greater (which was part of his previous, uh, guidance). All must be masked all the time - no singing is allowed at all, except a soloist who is masked as they sing - and only 1 instrument is allowed to accompany. Anyone who speaks or preaches is to be masked even while they speak - unless they have a plexiglass shield put up.

This "guidance" is ridiculous. No public servant has any legal or biblical authority to issue requirements such as these for churches. Not even a POTUS - a POTUS is not a king, and we need to understand that and stop acting like they are.

The Bible tells us to sing...so we will sing. We only have one instrument, and usually when any specials are sung, they are acapella anyway. lol

In America, REX LEX - the law is king. Any and all laws that are passed in this country are to be supported constitutionally. No constitution gives any public servant the authority to mandate what we will or will not put on or in our bodies...and that includes masks and vaccines. 

This madness has one end goal: total subjugation of a once free people. I think we can all say that we can see how the anti-Christ will be able to get people to take the mark without much struggle. 

Edited to add: we do have a covid statement posted, letting folks know our stand. We provide masks for those who desire to wear them and don't have one. We have sanitizer everywhere, and easy access to soap and water. And we have rubber gloves. We will not shame someone for wearing a mask, nor shame someone for not. It is a personal choice. We sing a song during our song service where we usually shake hands in greeting. We have suspended the hand shaking since the "outbreak." Instead, we stand at our seats and wave and smile and say hello. Folks get a kick out of it, so we have a good laugh. We want folks to know that we take covid seriously, but we are not going to live in fear.

As my friend said, "Until you do 30min+ of CPR in a plastic gown, N95, surgical mask, two pairs of gloves and a face shield, you should probably stop complaining about wearing some fabric on your face to the grocery store."

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

As my friend said, "Until you do 30min+ of CPR in a plastic gown, N95, surgical mask, two pairs of gloves and a face shield, you should probably stop complaining about wearing some fabric on your face to the grocery store."

Oh yes, and don't forget to leave your constitutional freedoms at the door.

Isn't it strange that when reading the constitution, all of our freedoms are plainly listed and nowhere do you read these words...."unless there is a virus such as Covid 19."

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Oh yes, and don't forget to leave your constitutional freedoms at the door.

Isn't it strange that when reading the constitution, all of our freedoms are plainly listed and nowhere do you read these words...."unless there is a virus such as Covid 19."

Common sense is not spelled out in the Constitution. That does not mean we should not use our common sense in the living of our lives. Right?

• Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Common sense is not spelled out in the Constitution. That does not mean we should not use our common sense in the living of our lives. Right?

Maybe the new administration will pay me to wear my face mask? Just kidding, I do wear mines. Hand outs are on the way, with the new high taxes. Government charges more taxes to the rich, the rich charges more from the poor to pay the high government taxes. We all lose

Edited by E Morales
Spelling
  • Members
2 hours ago, E Morales said:

Maybe the new administration will pay me to wear my face mask? Just kidding, I do wear mines. Hand outs are on the way, with the new high taxes. Government charges more taxes to the rich, the rich charges more from the poor to pay the high government taxes. We all lose

So, why not eliminate all taxes for rich people and let the poor and middle class pay all the taxes? 

• Lady Administrators
12 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Your "friend" didn't say that - it's a meme going around Facebook, and has been for some time. Nice and "morally superior" attitude.

And, until you walk in my shoes, you should probably stop trying to shame me or tell me how to live. Got it? I'm not complaining about wearing "some fabric" on my face anywhere...because I don't wear masks anywhere.

• Members
5 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Your "friend" didn't say that - it's a meme going around Facebook, and has been for some time. Nice and "morally superior" attitude.

And, until you walk in my shoes, you should probably stop trying to shame me or tell me how to live. Got it? I'm not complaining about wearing "some fabric" on my face anywhere...because I don't wear masks anywhere.

Didn't know about Facebook. Heard it from a friend. Regardless of the source, it is a true statement IMHO.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Don't criticize until you walk in my shoes can be said about any occupation or situation in life. With that quote, I guess then I can say, that unless you get hospitalized 3 times a year, and go to the ER or walk in center about 10+ times a year, and weekly gasping for air in my sleep because of severe asthma, then you should not complain about me not wearing fabric on my face obstructing my airflow. 

That's my life. Unlike your friend that chose that career path to wear the mask for 40+ hours a week, I did not pick to have severe asthma.

• Lady Administrators
3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Don't criticize until you walk in my shoes can be said about any occupation or situation in life. With that quote, I guess then I can say, that unless you get hospitalized 3 times a year, and go to the ER or walk in center about 10+ times a year, and weekly gasping for air in my sleep because of severe asthma, then you should not complain about me not wearing fabric on my face obstructing my airflow. 

That's my life. Unlike your friend that chose that career path to wear the mask for 40+ hours a week, I did not pick to have severe asthma.

Absolutely! I was about to add somewhat the same thought - although not from your perspective.  

• Lady Administrators
8 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Didn't know about Facebook. Heard it from a friend. Regardless of the source, it is a true statement IMHO.

But your friend didn't come up with it. It's been around since this nonsense started. And it actually isn't a true statment. IMHO. Simply because of the truth PastorMatt stated...folks in the medical field CHOOSE that occupation. And uber masking/sometimes hazmat suits accompany that. It is, IMHO, whiny at the least for people who choose an occupation where they run the risk of catching viruses to compare what they do because they choose it to how others feel/react/think about things. I have a LOT of nurse friends all over this country...and NONE of them has said this. NONE of them are derogatory towards those who don't wear masks. Only TWO of my nurse friends have had to work with a large number of covid cases (by large, I don't mean more than 5, though). The most they've done is ASK FOR PRAYER. A MUCH better response than denigration toward those who don't think the same way...

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

So, why not eliminate all taxes for rich people and let the poor and middle class pay all the taxes? 

This is what the poor,  and middle class people are paying and doing now. Who are paying for high interest on their outstanding credit cards, Homes, and auto mobiles the rich?

Edited by E Morales
Spelling
  • Members
7 hours ago, E Morales said:

This is what the poor,  and middle class people are paying and doing now. Who are paying for high interest on their outstanding credit cards, Homes, and auto mobiles the rich?

Interest is the lowest of my lifetime. One of personal rules of finance that I have lived by is never go into debt for anything that depreciates in value. 

If you would like I can give you a method of getting out of debt and then never go into debt again.

• Members
19 hours ago, E Morales said:

I am poor. Very poor and have been my whole life. I don't pay taxes. We'll I pay very little and then get a refund at the end of the year that makes up for that and more.

I would like to be at least middle class but I have chosen to remain in an area of the country with not many job opportunities in order to care for my father. 

The poor are in debt for many reasons but not because of taxes. Usually because of bad choices or addictions, spending more than they earn, no education or lack of decent employment opportunities. Not having a college education does not condemn one to poverty but it will make it more likely unless they have a special talent or ability and some good connections.

The rich pay far and away the most taxes and we could take every dollar and asset of the rich and it wouldn't scratch the surface of our national debt nor future spending obligations signed into law by Congress. 

• Members
On 1/5/2021 at 5:17 PM, SureWord said:

I am poor. Very poor and have been my whole life. I don't pay taxes. We'll I pay very little and then get a refund at the end of the year that makes up for that and more.

I would like to be at least middle class but I have chosen to remain in an area of the country with not many job opportunities in order to care for my father. 

The poor are in debt for many reasons but not because of taxes. Usually because of bad choices or addictions, spending more than they earn, no education or lack of decent employment opportunities. Not having a college education does not condemn one to poverty but it will make it more likely unless they have a special talent or ability and some good connections.

The rich pay far and away the most taxes and we could take every dollar and asset of the rich and it wouldn't scratch the surface of our national debt nor future spending obligations signed into law by Congress. 

Someone said, the poor will always be with you. Jesus, knows that having much money, and material things will not bring us full joy. The poor person wears his or hers face masks, it is harder for the rich to wear one?

• Members
4 hours ago, E Morales said:

Someone said, the poor will always be with you. Jesus, knows that having much money, and material things will not bring us full joy. The poor person wears his or hers face masks, it is harder for the rich to wear one?

I was responding to your statement about who pays the bills of the poor not concerning mask wearing.

• Members
6 hours ago, E Morales said:

Define rich for me. Also, why is it harder for a rich person to wear a mask?

• Lady Administrators

That's silly, E. I know rich people who wear masks AND shields. And gloves. We are not by any means rich (well, by American standards...compared to many places in the world we are wealthy...and we are rich in Christ, which is the most important) and we don't wear masks. I'm thinking of a family right now whom I know is below the poverty level...no masks (and healthy to boot). Please stop trying to stereotype people. 

• Members

On 12/30/2020 at 2:25 PM, PastorMatt said:

Not sure how effective masks are, but I think social distancing is far easier and better to do. I think even with masks, if people keep bumping into you or standing near you, it can defeat the purpose of the mask

Where I live, people don't do that distance. There's also the risk of getting it if you touch things. I have relatives that wash cans and plastic items that they bought before using them

One of them even washed the bread wrapped in plastic! it got soaked and ruined tho

The fear is real because is hard to say if one will get cured easily or the symptoms will get worse

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Corinne said:

Not sure how effective masks are, but I think social distancing is far easier and better to do. I think even with masks, if people keep bumping into you or standing near you, it can defeat the purpose of the mask

Good point. We do social distance at church as much as we can. We took chairs out and spread the rows apart among other things.

• Members
On 12/30/2020 at 9:25 AM, PastorMatt said:

It is safer than not wearing a mask. There are many ways to become inflected. One is if you happened to have the virus on your hands and wiped you eye. Colds and flu are spread that way often. 

Wearing a mask and social distancing may not be 100% effective, but it does give protection you do not have without them. 

On 12/27/2020 at 11:42 PM, SureWord said:

Ironically, no one is wearing masks in Wuhan, China. They already have communism, the Uni-Party and a social credit system in place.

Obviously you have not been in China. People there almost always wear a mask if they have a cold or if they are around people with colds. It is very much a part of their culture. Other Asian cultures also wear masks if they have a commutable disease. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It is safer than not wearing a mask. There are many ways to become inflected. One is if you happened to have the virus on your hands and wiped you eye. Colds and flu are spread that way often. 

Wearing a mask and social distancing may not be 100% effective, but it does give protection you do not have without them. 

I can only speak for myself and it was not safer for me. Plus with my Asthma it created other breathing issues which required hospitalization on my end.