• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Squandered?

• Members

7 …These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.                          [Revelation 3:7-8]

--I believe we, as Americans, did fail to go through the door opened by God. I also believe we wasted God’s opportunity. Our forthcoming administration for national government is the result. Adversity is on the way to the church of Jesus Christ. What will we do now?

--Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

• Members
On 12/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, 1Timothy115 said:

7 …These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.                          [Revelation 3:7-8]

--I believe we, as Americans, did fail to go through the door opened by God. I also believe we wasted God’s opportunity. Our forthcoming administration for national government is the result. Adversity is on the way to the church of Jesus Christ. What will we do now?

--Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Not quite sure what Revelation 3:7,8 has to do with Americans failing to go through that door (i.e. taking the gospel to the world). If you mean Christians in America then it's because, after being flooded with at least 300 different corrupt versions of the bible since 1901, many Christians in America no longer keep God's word. So the door is being closed.

Get ready for to hold services in secret.

• Moderators

In fact, there are still many American missionaries going forth to the world with the gospel. In fact, I just got a letter from a missionary today, in Thailand, who was telling of the many souls being saved and lives changed, even in the face of great persecution. The door is still open. Unfortunately, today, America is becoming almost a new mission field, as Christ is little preaches in many of our own streets and churches.

• Members
1 hour ago, Ukulelemike said:

In fact, there are still many American missionaries going forth to the world with the gospel. In fact, I just got a letter from a missionary today, in Thailand, who was telling of the many souls being saved and lives changed, even in the face of great persecution. The door is still open. Unfortunately, today, America is becoming almost a new mission field, as Christ is little preaches in many of our own streets and churches.

True, but I see the door closing. We have a printing press at my church and we have had difficulty getting the tracts over the border to Mexico because of restrictions. Things are getting more and more restrictive and if there's something to the "Great Reset" it may get harder since travel will be extremely limited to those considered essential i.e. loaded with money

Also, will a missionary take a vaccine to go overseas? They will most likely make it a requirement. Suppose the vaccine is developed from aborted babies which AstraZeneca admits theres is or something else pernicious about it. Will a missionary want to take that it to make the trip?

• Members
On 12/5/2020 at 3:18 AM, SureWord said:

Not quite sure what Revelation 3:7,8 has to do with Americans failing to go through that door (i.e. taking the gospel to the world). If you mean Christians in America then it's because, after being flooded with at least 300 different corrupt versions of the bible since 1901, many Christians in America no longer keep God's word. So the door is being closed.

Get ready for to hold services in secret.

Christ opened the door when he sent us all forth [Matthew 28:18-20]. America has lost their first love, the love of Christ and sharing His Gospel. However, we should not give excuse by putting blame for a lack of obedience on some latter day versions. The blame belongs on us (ME TOO). Now we can cry about it and point fingers in many directions or we can seize the opportunity and obey Christ in the time remaining before His imminent return.

• Members
On 12/5/2020 at 8:24 PM, Ukulelemike said:

There are American missionaries going forward, we've had one of our OLB members go forth and another Ted Snyder in Honduras (not been on here for years). But the majority of foriegn missionaries are native to their mission ministry. However, our nation, the United States, has become a "mission field" and we who are not called to foriegn fields must recognize and go forth in our "Jerusalem, and all Judea" as well as sending out to our "Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." [excerpts from Acts 1:8] What I was saying in the original post is we have wasted time during a Christian friendly administration and that is more likely than not why we have lost it. "the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." [Job 1:21]

• Members
26 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Christ opened the door when he sent us all forth [Matthew 28:18-20]. America has lost their first love, the love of Christ and sharing His Gospel. However, we should not give excuse by putting blame for a lack of obedience on some latter day versions. The blame belongs on us (ME TOO). Now we can cry about it and point fingers in many directions or we can seize the opportunity and obey Christ in the time remaining before His imminent return.

OK, I gotcha. I think the verses can apply to any church in any age not just America but it definitely seems the door is shutting on American churches. I recall reading that there are more now missionaries being sent to America from other nations than are being sent out by American churches. I'm not sure how true this is but it wouldn't surprise me.