• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is there the concept of ther Unversal Church in the Bible?

• Members
On 12/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, SureWord said:

Let me see if I can be more clear. 

Brother "SureWord,"

I thank you for your efforts to be more clear concerning your position on the differences between "the kingdom of heaven" and "the kingdom of God."  However, your posting did not actually answer the questions for which I am seeking answers.  Thus I shall slow down and begin to ask my questions one at a time.

In your postings and explanations above, you have indicated your viewpoint that "the kingdom of heaven" is "the physical, literal Abrahamic, Davidic kingdom of God on earth."  Furthermore, you have indicated your viewpoint that "the kingdom of God" is "the spiritual kingdom of God that all believers enter into through the blood of Christ."  Finally, you have indicated your viewpoint that "the mystery kingdom" is the "literal kingdom [the kingdom of heaven] in its spiritual form on earth now."

Here then is my first question -- Since in your viewpoint "the kingdom of God" is a "spiritual" kingdom, and since in your viewpoint "the mystery kingdom" is a "spiritual form" of "the kingdom of heaven," would this mean in your viewpoint that "the kingdom of God" and "the mystery kingdom" are equivalent (the same) to one another?  

(Note: If your answer to the question above is negative, then I would further request an explanation as to their differences in your viewpoint.)

• Members
On 12/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, SureWord said:

Let me see if I can be more clear. 

1) The kingdom of heaven-physical. Heaven is physical.

2) The kingdom of God-spiritual. God is a spirit. 

Brother "SureWord,"

In the quote above your provide your evidence that "the kingdom of heaven" is "physical" - because "heaven is physical."

First, I would ask if you have any other Biblical evidence for your viewpoint that "the kingdom of heaven" is "physical."

Second, I would contend that you are incorrect about the nature of heaven.  Heaven is not physical.  Heaven is spiritual.  Heaven is the habitation of spiritual beings.  God is a spirit (as you mention in your quote above).  The angels are spirit-beings.  The believers who are now dead and in heaven are there in spirit-form, for the resurrection of their bodies has not yet occurred.  In fact, even in the resurrection of believers, according to 1 Corinthians 15:42-44, our bodies that are "sown" as "a natural [physical] body" will be raised as "a spiritual body."  ("So also is the resurrection of the dead.  It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: it is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual bodyThere is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.")

Since I cannot agree that "heaven is physical," using such as evidence that "the kingdom of heaven" is "physical" is empty evidence from my perspective.  Thus I request some other Biblical evidence for your viewpoint on the matter.

Actually, if I take up your presented manner of evidence, I would be compelled to view the matter as follows:

1) The kingdom of heaven-spiritual: because heaven is spiritual.
2) The kingdom of God-spiritual: because God is a spirit.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle