• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Alternative Facebook sites to live stream church services

• Members
3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Due to facebook's uncalled censorship of banning links and accounts, what are some alternative sites to use to live stream church services? 

There's Parler, Lbry, Internet Archive, Bitchute, Liveleak, Metacafe, Twitch, Dailymotion and Vimeo. 

I think Twitch is starting to censor and "shadow ban" like YouTube. I think Vimeo can do live streaming of services. Dailymotion, which is similar to YouTube, was kind of on its way out of business but I think there's been a little reviving of their site with people fleeing all the others.

Facebook is presently in the process of hiring Democrat bureaucrats to fill positions. Forget Twitter, Zoom or TikTok they are straight up commie garbage. 

Really, churches just need to start developing their own streaming websites and bypass all these third-party sites.  This is what I recommended to my pastor. 

There is also the option of developing an app on Roku to stream services. Many churches are doing that too.

6 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Spyware for China

You really fall for fake news and even if they were do you not want to reach the Chinese with the message of Christ?

(Zoom) is an American communications technology company headquartered in San Jose, California. It provides videotelephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations. It was founded by the Chinese-American Eric Yuan. But it is not a Chinese company. 

ZM is its symbol on the Nasdaq stock exchange. You should have invested in it before the pandemic hit. You would be much richer now.

China Telecom is a Chinese state owned company. There are others. 

• Moderators
On 11/11/2020 at 3:57 AM, PastorMatt said:

Due to facebook's uncalled censorship of banning links and accounts, what are some alternative sites to use to live stream church services? 

I am on www.usa.life a conservative site. It's pretty good. I tried MeWe, but I cant get in due to them immediately wanting me to sign up as a premium member, without even giving me the opportunity to try the site out, so I gave up on them. Parler is more like Twitter than Facebook.

usa.life, however, does not allow for livestreaming, so can't do it there. YouTube has livestreaming. 

• Members
22 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

You really fall for fake news and even if they were do you not want to reach the Chinese with the message of Christ?

(Zoom) is an American communications technology company headquartered in San Jose, California. It provides videotelephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations. It was founded by the Chinese-American Eric Yuan. But it is not a Chinese company. 

ZM is its symbol on the Nasdaq stock exchange. You should have invested in it before the pandemic hit. You would be much richer now.

China Telecom is a Chinese state owned company. There are others. 

You just drink up the mularkey, don't you?

The Chi-Coms found a way to exploit Zoom to spy on people. This was well documented.

2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I'm pretty much looking for the purpose of live streaming. Zoom will not work for us with the amount of viewers we have and I prefer a more classic TV style service rather than a meeting.

Zoom has various sized group plans. The fee for a year is $199.90  for up to 500 people with their Enterprise plan. I believe they have a plan for up to 1,000 people. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members
On 11/12/2020 at 10:13 AM, Ukulelemike said:

I am on www.usa.life a conservative site. It's pretty good. I tried MeWe, but I cant get in due to them immediately wanting me to sign up as a premium member, without even giving me the opportunity to try the site out, so I gave up on them. Parler is more like Twitter than Facebook.

usa.life, however, does not allow for livestreaming, so can't do it there. YouTube has livestreaming. 

A lot of people are on MeWe, and not paying for it. I don't pay for it. They push the membership, but it's still voluntary. For causal, non-political social networking it seems to be getting the bulk of Facebook refugees. 

3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I'm pretty much looking for the purpose of live streaming. Zoom will not work for us with the amount of viewers we have and I prefer a more classic TV style service rather than a meeting.

For that you just need a live streaming video. Rumble.com is another that's competing with YouTube.

• Members

Our church live streams to YouTube for thye |sunday servive and the Tuuuesday Bible Study and Zoom  for the Thursday orayer meeting.  We don't have internet at the church.  My previous church sues Zoom for the Sunday Service and Wednesday meeting.  My friend who is pastor of a small church in remote Scotland, live streams Sunday services amd a daily service to Facebook.

• Members
On 11/13/2020 at 12:35 PM, PastorMatt said:

As I mentioned you can develop a streaming app on Roku. Seems to me streaming from your own website is the best way to go.