• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Advice on the aftermath of the election

Ephesians, 4:31-32

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Edited by HappyChristian
Version error, Admin edit

• Members
On 11/3/2020 at 3:58 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Just hope and pray that we do not have a Civil war, as those against Trump if he manages to win this might take it to the streets then!

2 hours ago, Yeshuafan said:

Just hope and pray that we do not have a Civil war, as those against Trump if he manages to win this might take it to the streets then!

My concern is that the extreme right and left will go to the streets if their candidate does not win. I pray I am wrong.

• Members

Brethren,

The above verses, Ephesians 4:31 & 32, that Bouncing Bill has quoted is not correct. He neglected to inform us (which is not proper nor correct), what version of the Bible he has quoted from, and the proper scripture reference. 

It is from the New International Version, the NIV, and not from the King James Version. The usage of different versions causes dissension, anger, malice, wrath and exhibits deception.

As this is a King James Version forum, it would be proper, correct, and kind to one another, to use the King James Version. Furthermore, in order to avoid malice and clamour, and to exhibit kindness and to prevent confusion and dissension, I will quote from the King James Version instead of the New International Version (the NIV).

Also, as Ephesians chapter 4 only has 32 verses, I will only quote Ephesians 4:31 & 32, "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind  one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God hath forgiven you."

Bouncing Bill was not correct in his numbering of the scripture verses he quoted. Some folks that are not familiar with the Bible would find this confusing and be without understanding. So, in order to walk in love and help the brethren who may not be familiar with the Word of God, I will give the correct scripture that Bouncing Bill neglected to inform us of.

The latter part of his quote is from Ephesians 5:1 & 2. Also, Bouncing Bill quoted from the NIV and not from the KJV.

So, in order to prevent any confusion, here is the correct, proper, and inspired quote, "Be ye followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour." Ephesians 5:1 & 2

When a person walks in love he does not deceive, cause confusion among brethren, and deliberately try to provoke anger and wrath by using a different version of the Bible and neglecting to inform the hearers what version he is quoting from and neglect to give the correct scripture reference. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

My concern is that the extreme right and left will go to the streets if their candidate does not win. I pray I am wrong.

The "extreme right" will not go out into the streets if Trump's loses. In fact, the "extreme right" does not like Trump for they consider him a shill for Israel. That's why people like Neo-Nazi Richard Spencer has actually endorsed Biden.

Now conservatives may be forced to the streets to defend their property, maybe even their lives, against tolerant, peace loving liberals if Trump wins but they will not initiate the violence.

• Administrators

Your verses need to be changed, Bill - we are a King James site, and the rules clearly state thaEt the King James is the Bible to use. Please change your post immediately. Thank you.

Edited by HappyChristian
Edited to reflect correction of original post

On 11/4/2020 at 4:23 AM, HappyChristian said:

Your verses need to be changed, Bill - we are a King James site, and the rules clearly state that the King James is the Bible to use. Please change your post immediately. Thank you.

King James Version

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Doe the meaning change?

• Members
3 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

King James Version

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Doe the meaning change?

Yes, most notably by changing "for Christ's sake" to "in Christ". Though we are forgiven in Christ it is for "Christ sake" that we are forgiven.

Also, why change the word "clamour" to "brawling"? It seems these revisors change words just for the sake of changing words so it can qualify as a new version of the bible. $$$

Edited by SureWord

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

King James Version

Doe the meaning change?

As has been pointed out, yes, the meaning does change. But even if it didn't, the board rules require the King James. If you cannot edit your opening post, I will do it for you. Thank you.

By the way, I do think these verses are very appropriate for your topic.