• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

POTUS Tested Positive...

• Administrators

Tonight Trump announced that he and his wife have tested positive for covid. Now, there are a lot of thoughts on the thing (I'm not convinced it's a pandemic...a virus, yes). But the fact remains that they've tested positive, so we need to pray for them.

• Members

My nephew's wife caught the Wuhan virus and she wore a mask all the time even sometimes at home. She had a sore throat for two days then recovered.

Now I'm not saying it's a fraud or it doesn't effect some people worse than others but it's part of life and destroying a nation's economy and morale over what essentially is a cold virus is foolishness. Next they should change the speed limit on the interstate to 10 mph and make everyone wear helmets because people may be killed or hurt if it's kept at 65-70 mph. And definitely nobody over 55 is allowed to drive.

• Moderators

Based on our averaged stats (so including all the people over 80 who have died), I have a slightly better chance of drowning than dying of Covid. Surprisingly, the government has not instituted warning signs or snorkels around bathtubs. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Salyan said:

Based on our averaged stats

Ask yourselves why every nation in the world has implemented social distancing guidelines of some kind, and even Trump himself is taking his treatment seriously. No nation with any understanding of the virus simply ignored it. When its in the body at a high load it can clog the blood, prevent oxygen to the body and crystalize in organs.

Its precisely because of social distancing guidelines (but not lockdowns) that its not as bad as it could be. In lab tests its 50x more dangerous than the flue and if it had been allowed to spread unchecked then we would have been like Italy and china at the beginning of the spread but on a greater scale. The guidelines don't stop the spread but reduces the viral load one can get before the body can respond. If un-checked, those who got it would have a greater viral load at initial infection to the point their body would suffocate before it could respond. 

Its no laughing matter and we're fortunate we have not seen the virus in full force.

• Administrators

Trump was taken to Walter Reed Hospital earlier today, as a precaution. Apparently he wasn't slowing down his work. He'll be there for a few days. He is getting medicine that will help clear it up.

I completely disagree that "social" distancing has done anything to prevent the spread of the virus, nor do pieces of cloth. It is my opinion, and it is supported by many in the medical field. Of course, there are others in the field who believe the opposite. I believe in liberty, and I think Americans are smart enough to know to stay home when they are sick. 

• Administrators

The severity of this virus aside, governmental bodies as well as any institution of power and influence have used this opportunity as a social experiment to see just how far the people of this nation will allow them to restrict our liberties.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, John Young said:

Ask yourselves why every nation in the world has implemented social distancing guidelines of some kind, and even Trump himself is taking his treatment seriously. No nation with any understanding of the virus simply ignored it. When its in the body at a high load it can clog the blood, prevent oxygen to the body and crystalize in organs.

Its precisely because of social distancing guidelines (but not lockdowns) that its not as bad as it could be. In lab tests its 50x more dangerous than the flue and if it had been allowed to spread unchecked then we would have been like Italy and china at the beginning of the spread but on a greater scale. The guidelines don't stop the spread but reduces the viral load one can get before the body can respond. If un-checked, those who got it would have a greater viral load at initial infection to the point their body would suffocate before it could respond. 

Its no laughing matter and we're fortunate we have not seen the virus in full force.

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, just that the likelihood of it being serious is low enough that I don’t believe it is worth the measures taken.  I really agree with Luanne’s assessment there. 

And honestly, if I can’t find places to laugh at it all, I’ll go insane with frustration at what the governments are doing to our liberties - and how much people are letting them. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Salyan said:

I don’t believe it is worth the measures taken.

Agreed. I'm all for voluntary social distancing and community efforts to stop a virus from being as severe but the draconian government lockdowns of businesses and people is a clear violation of constitutional and basic human rights of self determination.