• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Website!

• Administrators

We have a website now! Andrew Canavan, second generation missionary to Ireland, is putting it together for us. It is not complete, but it's looking well! I've wanted a website for a while, as I know that many folks use the Internet to search. Andrew and Shawn were with us a few weeks back to present their ministry, and he talked to both my husband and me about designing it for us.

I don't think we're going to be deluged with folks, but I do believe it will be a good tool.  The website is here: https://lbc-pt.org/

We've had our information in the local paper for a couple of years - just in the "religion" section on a weekly basis. Well, this past Sunday we had a man and his daughter visit  as a result...the daughter (about my age) told me that the paper was "accidentally" thrown on their porch. A friend had told her to be sure and look for a KJV church...and ours was the only one. That was exciting for all of us!

• Administrators

A website is a valuable tool. For years we had only the small listing in the newspaper, which did not produce much. I put up a website for our church and we have had favorable results in that; we have had people visit that found us because of our website. Glad you have one in the works HC.  ?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Salyan said:

That is a cute little international airport! ?  Your website looks very sharp.
I want to visit Vancouver Island one of these days, and if the borders allow, was thinking it might be fun to drop by for a visit. ? 

Oh, man, that would be so wonderful! I'm sure the borders won't be open til at least November...never if Inslee "wins." But I'd really love to see you again! Heh - the church tour would be a LOT quicker this time around. =D

3 hours ago, John Young said:

Very nice website. Its simple and straight forward. The only thing I noticed was the "Our Story" page wasn't updated yet and still has the nonsense language posted.  https://lbc-pt.org/our-story/

Yes, we are still working on things. There is nothing written about our church history, so it's not an easy do.

• Members
4 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Yes, we are still working on things. ..... it's not an easy do.

So true. I still need to make one for our church institute as well but it takes a lot of work to get it to where its just right. You all are almost there! And what you have done looks great. Good job! 

• Administrators
22 hours ago, John Young said:

So true. I still need to make one for our church institute as well but it takes a lot of work to get it to where its just right. You all are almost there! And what you have done looks great. Good job! 

Thank you! All the credit goes to missionary Andrew Canavan. I've sent him the info/pictures and he's done the putting together.  Our church was without a pastor for 5 years before my husband was called. And that pastor was here for two years, we think. But we can't find information that we need to give a basic history, so I'm trying to pick the brains of some that have been part of the church for years. We may have to skip the history and just begin when my hubs became pastor.

• Moderators
On 10/2/2020 at 11:20 PM, HappyChristian said:

Thank you! All the credit goes to missionary Andrew Canavan. I've sent him the info/pictures and he's done the putting together.  Our church was without a pastor for 5 years before my husband was called. And that pastor was here for two years, we think. But we can't find information that we need to give a basic history, so I'm trying to pick the brains of some that have been part of the church for years. We may have to skip the history and just begin when my hubs became pastor.

You could put together a temp page until you find more info. "This church was started by so-and-so in the mid-___.  In ___, Pr. DePriest...."

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Salyan said:

You could put together a temp page until you find more info. "This church was started by so-and-so in the mid-___.  In ___, Pr. DePriest...."

I've thought about that, but I hate to have Andrew do it twice. He's busy on deputation, plus he's doing this for some other churches. Hubs got some information Saturday, so we need to just sit down and talk about it to see what we can come up with.