• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Domino’s Taco and Cheeseburger Pizza's

• Administrators

Being in Ct we arguably have some of the greatest pizza in the country. Because we have unlimited amount of resources when it come to pizza I do not eat Domino’s that often. However, I'm always up to trying a new pizza. Has anyone tried any of these new Domino’s Pizza's?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2020/08/28/dominos-new-taco-and-cheeseburger-pizzas-seem-like-smart-mash-ups-but-they-just-dont-deliver/

I will say the worse toppings I have ever had was tied.

1) Mashed potatoes Pizza
2) Hot Dog and Fry Pizza.

I'll let you know when I try these pizzas. 

• Moderators

If I want a taco, I will have a taco. I am kind of a purist with pizza. Gotta have Pepperoni and lots of cheese. Some others are acceptable, like, (yes I will say it), Pineapple and Canadian Bacon, or crumbled bacon, black olives, even just cheese, but beyond that, not real interested. 

• Members
On 8/31/2020 at 10:05 AM, PastorMatt said:

Being in Ct we arguably have some of the greatest pizza in the country. Because we have unlimited amount of resources when it come to pizza I do not eat Domino’s that often. However, I'm always up to trying a new pizza. Has anyone tried any of these new Domino’s Pizza's?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2020/08/28/dominos-new-taco-and-cheeseburger-pizzas-seem-like-smart-mash-ups-but-they-just-dont-deliver/

I will say the worse toppings I have ever had was tied.

1) Mashed potatoes Pizza
2) Hot Dog and Fry Pizza.

I'll let you know when I try these pizzas. 

When I moved down here to Virgina from New York one of the first things I noticed was there were no New York pizzerias. They finally did build one because of all the Yankees moving down to this area but still no etnic Italians making any of the pizza. Not sure if it matters but it always tastes better when there's an Italian spinning the dough.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Not sure if it matters but it always tastes better when there's an Italian spinning the dough.

It sure does, and Greeks also make great pizza. We have 2 mom and pop pizza places on every corner. When I get a chance, I take missionaries to one of them. They always say how great the pizza is in the Northeast. 

• Administrators

A number of years ago, we got cheeseburger pizza from Domino's. Not too bad. We even tried macaroni and cheese pizza - it was also not bad. My favorite from them, though, is pepperoni/onion/peppers, thin crust. But we prefer Papa Murphy's...on Tuesday's you can save $3 on most pizza. We like either the cowboy or the papa's favorite. 

I have had Pizza Hut's taco pizza years ago in Kentucky. It was really very good! The crust was thin so it crunched like a taco, and the toppings were taco toppings. I, too, like my tacos as tacos, but this was actually very good.

There is a place here called West Side Pizza that people told us was SOOO good...well, I didn't like it at all and Randy said it was ok - but has no desire to go back. So that tells me it wasn't that great to him, either. LOL

When we lived in WV, we preferred the italian's peppers in tomato sauce and hoagies. Yummo stuff! The company where we got our hoagie buns (like steak buns only better) did pizza crust as well, and it was good. But the hoagies - ooh, boy! As well as pepperoni rolls. Good eating!  It's after midnight here, and now I'm hungry. ?

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

If I want a taco, I will have a taco. I am kind of a purist with pizza. Gotta have Pepperoni and lots of cheese. Some others are acceptable, like, (yes I will say it), Pineapple and Canadian Bacon, or crumbled bacon, black olives, even just cheese, but beyond that, not real interested. 

Having pineapple on pizza goes against the Bible. I know it's in there somewhere, when I find it I'll give you a chapter and verse.

• Administrators
Just now, Jordan Kurecki

Frank Pepe in New Haven is incredible pizza. 

Im a pizza snob and love real chicago pizza but that New Haven pizza is incredible.

Yes, New Haven has some really great pizza places. Next time you're down there try Sally's. Or if you ever in this area again let me know, we'll will meet you there.

Frank Pepe started branching out and opened up in many other locations, but they're not the same as the original in New Haven.

• Administrators

See....Connecticut wins in pizza again. ?

https://patch.com/connecticut/across-ct/hail-king-connecticut-pizza-again-named-no-1-nation

If anyone is ever traveling to/through Ct, my wife and I will love to take you out for some pizza, just let me know.