• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Psalm 9:17

• Members

"The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”

Have the roosters come home to roost in America? Is it "MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN" for the good ol' US of A?  I don't want to be an alarmist and I'm not saying "The End is Nigh" but can a nation that has abandoned God like ours has not end up being shelved and left to our own devices to eat the fruit of our works? 

"Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.”- Proverbs 1:31

If we come through this fiery trial we are presently experiencing it will be because of the supplication of the righteous for the mercy of God, but honestly, it doesn't look good. Also, I get a sense that many Christians are done and want this country, even this world to finally be judged. I heard some say this even with knowing what their unsaved loved ones will be facing. They want it over. They want to see their Lord and Savior more than anything else. They are tired, it's been a long night and they are hearing the cock crow (Mark 13:35) and are looking towards the morning when the Sun of righteousness will arise with healing in his wings (Malachi 4:2). 2,000 years is a long time to wait.

One thing we can be sure of is it won't go back to the way things were just six months ago.

• Administrators

I, for one, have always resisted the premise that America has abandoned God. This nation stands alone as the nation that has done the most to take "The Great Commission" to a lost and dying world. What other nation has put as many missionaries on the field than we have....none.

As far as our nation returning to conditions as they were six months ago, it is possible that it may never happen; but this is not cause for lamentation, rather is is cause to "look up: for our redemption draws near.

Mt 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mt 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mt 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Titus 2:13 (KJV) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The things we see coming to pass all around us are signs, as foretold, that God is in control and we can see His purposes unfolding before our very eyes.

• Members
21 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I, for one, have always resisted the premise that America has abandoned God. This nation stands alone as the nation that has done the most to take "The Great Commission" to a lost and dying world. What other nation has put as many missionaries on the field than we have....none.

As far as our nation returning to conditions as they were six months ago, it is possible that it may never happen; but this is not cause for lamentation, rather is is cause to "look up: for our redemption draws near.

Mt 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mt 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mt 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Titus 2:13 (KJV) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The things we see coming to pass all around us are signs, as foretold, that God is in control and we can see His purposes unfolding before our very eyes.

The ability to get out the gospel from America was because of the righteousness and fear of God that once prevailed or else we'd be like any other nation that oppresses Christians and seeks to bound the word of God. I don't see this righteousness and fear prevailing anymore. Getting out the gospel may be the reason that God has tolerated our wickedness as long as he has as well as the fact we've been one of the greatest supporters of Israel. It may be that the rapture of the Church is close but this is not a guarantee. I know we are to look to heaven but the fact remains we still have loved ones, including children and grandchildren, who are facing quite an ordeal. It's also sad to see this once great nation and all the good things it fought for on what appears to be the verge of collapse into Civil War. We can only hope what's taking place now will lead to the furtherance of the gospel. I know my unsaved relation of mine admitted for the first time she thinks God may be judging America which is quite a thing for her to admit.

• Administrators

Matthew 24:6 (KJV) And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Luke 21:9 (KJV) But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

We all have those that are on our hearts and minds in regard to their spiritual state. Regardless of the social or economic situation we must ever be vigilant and never cease trying spread the Gospel.

We can look to Scripture for an example of how we should purport ourselves in times like these. I think specifically of the times of Jeremiah and the captivity of Israel in Babylon. Israel is in captivity and Jeremiah himself is in prison. And yet we see God speaking through Jeremiah and saying these incredible words:

Jer 29:4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;
Jer 29:5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;
Jer 29:6 Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished.
Jer 29:7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

Even in their captivity they were instructed to seek God's peace and thereby live peaceably even among their captors and in the midst of famine.

God even made special provision for Jeremiah to keep him safe. He was in prison; but he was safe. He was in prison; but he was fed even during all of the famine in the land.

And so, even we can take heart in seeing that God will provide for His own and prove that even in the midst of what seems like impossible circumstances He is still in control to bring about His purposes.