• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Foreseeing his crucifixion?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

The statue made me wonder, at what age did Christ know he was going to be crucified? Do you have an opinion on this question.

Christ is God-in-the-flesh. As such you could say He knew from the foundation of the world. Not only did He know, but He also set the exact time.

I don't believe that what is depicted is an awl, an awl has a round shank, it is a very large square nail, the point of which is pointing directly at the hand it was pictured to pierce. 

Luke 24:40 (KJV) And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Christ is God-in-the-flesh. As such you could say He knew from the foundation of the world. Not only did He know, but He also set the exact time.

I don't believe that what is depicted is an awl, and awl has a round shank, it is a very large square nail, the point of which is pointing directly at the hand it was pictured to pierce. 

Luke 24:40 (KJV) And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Do you believe Christ, as you said, God in the flesh, knew of his crucifixion from infancy or, because he was flesh that knowledge came on gradually as he in the flesh matured? I guess another way to phrase the question is did Christ know everything about his physical life and events in that life from birth or not?

8 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I believe that both of your questions are answered in my first reply.

OK. Thanks for the reply.

It would be fun and interesting, I believe, to sit and have a cup of coffee together which would give us time to sit and discuss topics such as this. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill