• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Trying Something New for Us...

• Administrators
On 8/10/2020 at 4:37 AM, PastorMatt said:

Praying for you guys.  Keep us posted as how it goes. 

Will do. We got our A-frame sign yesterday. It's beautiful (although the text I sent them left off the end quote of a verse, so they did - and I didn't catch it in the proofing! Ugh...thinking about putting an asterisk on the beginning quote LOL). I'm uploading them here so folks can see them.  The sign itself is 3 feet or so tall and at least two feet wide. One picture fills one side, and the other fills the other side.  The tract the men will be using is "Jesus is Coming Soon." My hubs felt that, given what is going on in the world today, it would be very appropriate. ?

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 4.10.21 PM.jpg

• Administrators

We had a good day all around. Busy, tiring, but good. The ladies enjoyed their time of fellowship. Mrs. Canavan spoke on being a hopeful woman - hoping in the Lord, waiting on Him, and not looking for hope in the wrong things. It was a blessing.

My hubs and Andrew were out for about an hour and a half, and they aren't sure but think they were able to pass out at least 75 tracts. Just about everyone was friendly, and there was a good conversation with a young man who MAY come to church tomorrow.

• Administrators
On 8/13/2020 at 11:32 AM, PastorMatt said:

Signs are looking good. We're thinking about getting one for our entrance way to our church. 

I'm very pleased with the work this company does. It is a local business, about 4 minutes from the church. They probably cost a bit more than some other companies, but I think if we can support the community it goes a long way towards a witness. They are the ones who designed the church's logo, which is at the top of both signs above. We have also ordered two 8-feet flags from them. One that says "Join us" and will go with our sign out by the road (because of where we meet, we cannot have permanent signage, so we have to put the sign out every week). The other will say "Welcome" and will be right by our entrance, which is easy to miss because of our location.

And now there's talk of another statewide shutdown...of course, right when we start an outreach in lieu of door knocking. LOL

• Administrators

Today went well. No visitors...in fact, not many members came out, either. We are definitely going through a trying time...

But it was such a blessing to have the Canavans in. God gave Bro. Andrew just the message I needed to hear. Our Sunday School girls fell in love with them, so I'm excited to "use" the Canavans to teach the kids about missions and witnessing.

Today is our anniversary, and it was a joy to spend it the way we did. Tiring, but a joy. =D

• Administrators
On 8/16/2020 at 12:18 AM, HappyChristian said:

I'm very pleased with the work this company does. It is a local business, about 4 minutes from the church. They probably cost a bit more than some other companies, but I think if we can support the community it goes a long way towards a witness.

Same here. We try to support our community as well. Our landlord and next door neighbor for our church has his own print shop. That comes in handy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I don't have pictures of them yet, but hubs picked up our flags from the sign company. While he was there, he talked to the fellow about my mistake with the end quotes...and the guy made some for our sign! =D We'll be picking them up next Wednesday. I was pretty tickled about that!