• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

False Religions and False Bibles: The Quran

• Members

Moslems holler about there being so many English (& other languages) Bible translations, but they insist there's only one valid Koran version. But EACH BRANCH OF ISLAM HAS ITS OWN VERSION ! The Sunni, Shiite, & Wahabi each have their own version, & they're much more-different from each other than, say, the KJV & NIV Bibles are.

And the Koran does not contain any prophecy, but Moslems still call Mohammed a prophet !

Edited by robycop3

• Members
On 12/6/2020 at 8:54 AM, robycop3 said:

Moslems holler about there being so many English (& other languages) Bible translations, but they insist there's only one valid Koran version. But EACH BRANCH OF ISLAM HAS ITS OWN VERSION ! The Sunni, Shiite, & Wahabi each have their own version, & they're much more-different from each other than, say, the KJV & NIV Bibles are.

And the Koran does not contain any prophecy, but Moslems still call Mohammed a prophet !

I've read that the Quran only contains two prophecies. I haven't read the Quran. I might take a swing at it someday along with the Hadith.

Edited by SureWord

• Members

Been many years since I read a Koran; I coulda missed what prophecies it might have.

I've been told that true Muslims don't recognize any translations of it to be "official"; the only one they recognize is an Arabic copy. never mind that most of the world they wanna convert doesn't speak nor read Arabic. (Except numerals.)

• Members
On 12/10/2020 at 10:13 AM, robycop3 said:

Been many years since I read a Koran; I coulda missed what prophecies it might have.

I've been told that true Muslims don't recognize any translations of it to be "official"; the only one they recognize is an Arabic copy. never mind that most of the world they wanna convert doesn't speak nor read Arabic. (Except numerals.)

What is really rocking the muslim world is now the truth that they always had 30 different Arabic Korans, not just the one eternal one Muhammad was supposed to have  received!

• Members
7 hours ago, Yeshuafan said:

What is really rocking the muslim world is now the truth that they always had 30 different Arabic Korans, not just the one eternal one Muhammad was supposed to have  received!

Wow! 30 different Arabic versions of the Koran! So much for the 'preservation' of the original.

• Members
5 hours ago, Yeshuafan said:

The Muslim Clerics have known of this issue for over a thousand years, but just now being passed along to the rank and file!

The concept of the Muslim clerics keeping the truth from the common person is one of the tactics of false religions and religious hierarchies.

I will use one well-known example: The Roman Catholic Church kept the scriptures from the common member for years and did the service in Latin in order to further keep the common member from the truth.

• Administrators

This is quite true bro. Alan. The RCC forbade their parishioners to read the bible, the when that didn't work, they came out with their own version; The Douay Version. How well I remember the Mass being said in Latin as a child; my grandmother took me to Mass  every Sunday.

• Members
On 8/7/2020 at 8:09 AM, Alan said:

False religions usually either start with a false prophet, or false teacher, and then usually, eventually, create a false Bible to supplant the real set of scriptures.

For example. The Mormons started with a false prophet (Joseph Smith) and wound up having a set of false scriptures, the Book of Mormon.

Mohammad, a false prophet, eventually had a false set of scriptures, the Quran, to supplant the real Bible. Here is the link to the Wikipedia article that has a more detailed history of the Quran.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Quran

15 hours ago, Alan said:

The concept of the Muslim clerics keeping the truth from the common person is one of the tactics of false religions and religious hierarchies.

I will use one well-known example: The Roman Catholic Church kept the scriptures from the common member for years and did the service in Latin in order to further keep the common member from the truth.

12 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

This is quite true bro. Alan. The RCC forbade their parishioners to read the bible, the when that didn't work, they came out with their own version; The Douay Version. How well I remember the Mass being said in Latin as a child; my grandmother took me to Mass  every Sunday.

As I stated in the original post; eventually, most false religions will supplant the preserved word of God, the Bible, for their own set of scriptures.

Here is another example:

The Jehovah's Witnesses reject the AV, the KJV of 1611, and supplant it with the, "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures," in order to keep their members from the truth. And, as usual in every false Bible, in the Title Page, of the, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures," we read these words designed to deceive, "Rendered from the Original Languages by the New World Bible Translation Committee - Revised 1984."  1

As a word of testimony, early on in my Christian walk in life, after reading the Good News Bible in the Air Force (courtesy of the U. S. Air Force Chapel Ministry), and the NASV from a friend, I learned how to read the Title Page and Foreward very carefully and I found out that almost all of the new versions say the same thing but use some different wording. In my learning, all of the versions from the RV of 1881 are designed to deceive the reader from learning the truth of doctrines of the scriptures.

1  Watch Tower and Tract Society, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, (Brooklyn, NY: Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, 1961,1981, 1984), Title Page.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

The Jabroney False Witless "Bible came about in 1950 when Freddie Franz(Later the big kahoona of the watchtower) & his buddy Geroge gangas, a Greek Cypriot, sat down with the British Revised Version of 1881 & re-worded it to match JW doctrine. They knew they couldn't do that with the KJV, or American Standard, as they were too well-known.

The NWT does NOT match the JWs own Interlinear Greek Version !

Moslems are still trying to spread their religion, but TRUE Moslems don't recognize any non-Arabic Koran versions. As mosta the world  doesn't speak or read Arabic, that's holding them up, thankfully.

• 6 months later...
  • Members
On 12/19/2020 at 8:35 AM, Alan said:

As I stated in the original post; eventually, most false religions will supplant the preserved word of God, the Bible, for their own set of scriptures.

Here is another example:

The Jehovah's Witnesses reject the AV, the KJV of 1611, and supplant it with the, "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures," in order to keep their members from the truth. And, as usual in every false Bible, in the Title Page, of the, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures," we read these words designed to deceive, "Rendered from the Original Languages by the New World Bible Translation Committee - Revised 1984."  1

As a word of testimony, early on in my Christian walk in life, after reading the Good News Bible in the Air Force (courtesy of the U. S. Air Force Chapel Ministry), and the NASV from a friend, I learned how to read the Title Page and Foreward very carefully and I found out that almost all of the new versions say the same thing but use some different wording. In my learning, all of the versions from the RV of 1881 are designed to deceive the reader from learning the truth of doctrines of the scriptures.

1  Watch Tower and Tract Society, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, (Brooklyn, NY: Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, 1961,1981, 1984), Title Page.

All very good points as usual.

I'm not sure about the 1611 KJV but I do know that early on the Witnesses printed their own KJV bibles and a few other translations. I grew up next door the a kid whose parents were "Bible Students" , the group that branch off of the Jehovah's witnesses after Russell died and Rutherford took total control. The Bible Student still use the KJV...well the ones I know anyway.

I know that when conducting home bible studies the JWs always make it a point that the person can use whatever bible version they prefer at the start. I suspect that the publications they go through with non witnesses tactfully use verses that would be very so similar to their translation. As the study continues the Witnesses will make comments about how their bible is just like yours but is a newer more accurate version  and most of the time the person studying will end up using the New World Translation as the study progresses to the more complicated and distorted teachings.

Unfortunately I don't believe the majority of the witnesses understand the basics of bible interpretation. In reality The Watchtower magazine seems to have more authority than the Bible itself and verses are only used as proof texts for whatever doctrine the Governing Body is trying to push. I've been around JWs and when a topic comes up where there is no clear answer they ALWAYS  do digital search's on the topic in the Watchtower magazine to find the answer. 

Using the Watchtower magazine as the source of authority from the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" is how they are able to constantly change belief and doctrine. If a Jehovah's Witness sat down and actually read even the NWT cover to cover...I suspect the would start to notice inconsistencies in the Watchtower teachings, but when you have men leading a group claiming to be the early representatives for Jesus cover up their mistakes and changes because they have recieved "New Light" then it gives them influence even over the Bible itself.