• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can religious co-exist side-by-side?

• Members
On 7/25/2020 at 1:32 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

I thought this a very interesting video. Who would have thought this could happen in Arabia?

Bill, what is your opinion of the video's message?

Edited by 1Timothy115
modify the question

• Members
5 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I was impressed that an Arab country is allowing such tolerance. It certainly is not the norm in that part of the world. 

What was your impression?

Not surprised. Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie. 

38 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Not surprised. Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie. 

39 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I assume you did not watch the video. It would be helpful if you quoted the words of the verse you reference. I'll do it for you.

Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief… except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah, and for them is a great punishment. Quran 16:106

I see nothing here saying it is all right to lie or to comply anyone to lie. It does say that Allah {God} will bring punishment. 

I think you interpretation is not accurate. To me it is like the Bible saying that God will punish those who do not believe. 

But that is off topic. Did you watch the video?

• Members
On 7/27/2020 at 7:51 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

I was impressed that an Arab country is allowing such tolerance. It certainly is not the norm in that part of the world. 

What was your impression?

Muslims can show tolerance on outside, but inside still hate the non Muslim, as they expect still Allah to destroy us all in end!

On 7/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, DaChaser said:

Muslims can show tolerance on outside, but inside still hate the non Muslim, as they expect still Allah to destroy us all in end!

Well that works both ways. There are many American christians [notice little c] who may show tolerance but hate the Muslim on the inside. Both the muslim and the christian are wrong when they do this as both are violating an important tenet of their religion. 

However, did you watch the video?

• Members
6 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Well that works both ways. There are many American christians [notice little c] who may show tolerance but hate the Muslim on the inside. Both the muslim and the christian are wrong when they do this as both are violating an important tenet of their religion. 

However, did you watch the video?

Yes

On 7/27/2020 at 2:20 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

I assume you did not watch the video. It would be helpful if you quoted the words of the verse you reference. I'll do it for you.

Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief… except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah, and for them is a great punishment. Quran 16:106

I see nothing here saying it is all right to lie or to comply anyone to lie. It does say that Allah {God} will bring punishment. 

I think you interpretation is not accurate. To me it is like the Bible saying that God will punish those who do not believe. 

But that is off topic. Did you watch the video?

There are passages in the Koran that tells Muslims that Allah states that they are to smile and talk peace on outside, but to keep Jihad in their hearts, as Allah will one day destroy all unbelievers!

On 7/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, DaChaser said:

Yes

There are passages in the Koran that tells Muslims that Allah states that they are to smile and talk peace on outside, but to keep Jihad in their hearts, as Allah will one day destroy all unbelievers!

Can you give me a reference to those verses? Thanks.

• Members

Taqiya is the practice of dissimulation within mostly in Shia Islam although Sunnis (Muda'rat) can also under certain situations. 

Kitman, Tawriya, Muruna are also other terms used for justified lying around anyone who isn't Muslim.

These are touched on in the Quran but are mostly all taught in the Hadith i.e. the sayings of Muhammad which Islamic jurisprudence is built upon.

And also, Christians do not want to lie to and murder Muslims and send them to hell like the other way around. This is not considered a good thing to do to "infidels" like it is in Islam.

5 hours ago, DaChaser said:

Qur'an Sanctifies Lying: "We smile in the face of some people although our hearts curse them."

From the research I have done this does not appear in the Qur'an. It appears in Ibn Kathir's writings. He lived in the 14th century. Ibn Kathir was an influetncial  historian. So, if my research is correct it is an error to attribute this verse to the Qur'an.