• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mothers...please help

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I have been searching high and low for a second hand bouncy seat since all of my friends that actually have the money to buy them new were able to get them at garage sales. But I've been looking for months and had no luck. What I want to know is, is having a bouncy seat when you have a toddler and an infant "necessary"? My husband said if it is going to make life MUCH easier he'll buy it new but if it's just a luxury that doesn't do much he doesn't want to buy it. Thoughts? I do have a swing...

• Members

as a mom to four...I would give up a swing in order to have a bouncy seat. As a matter of fact, I DID give up a swing w/ the last one. I had given away my last bouncy seat and my old swing had broken. We could only afford one, so we bought a bouncy seat. I like the bouncy seats b/c you can move them ANYWHERE! I swear if it wasnt' for bouncy seats, I wouldn't get a shower until my babies were older!

Where are you? You aren't around Nebraska are you? I could get you one if you were.
Have you checked goodwill? thrift stores?

The basic ones (no lights, sound, etc) have gotten really cheap. I have seen them for less than $15 new.

Guest Guest

HAHA considering I'm about as far into the deep south as you can get, I'm nowhere near Nebraska. :smile The Lord has provided a bouncy seat for us on Freecycle. I have been checking Goodwill and other thrift stores as well as Craigslist for months. The people on Craigslist will list a bouncy seat that costs $40 new for $30...lol I'm not paying that for secondhand. Anyhow God provided one just today for us.

• Members
HAHA considering I'm about as far into the deep south as you can get' date=' I'm nowhere near Nebraska. :smile The Lord has provided a bouncy seat for us on Freecycle. I have been checking Goodwill and other thrift stores as well as Craigslist for months. The people on Craigslist will list a bouncy seat that costs $40 new for $30...lol I'm not paying that for secondhand. Anyhow God provided one just today for us.[/quote']
great!!!
I am happy for you!!

as much as I like the base we are at, the church we go to, and all the friends we have made here, this Southern girl REALLY misses the South! LOL

we are headed down to Louisiana in a couple of months to see inlaws. It will be nice not to get a weird look whenever I saw
"how y'all doin'?" !! LOL

Guest Guest

Oh...now, this is bringing me back to a wonderful time. :smile How I loved those years w/ my 17 year old son. Well...I had it all. I had a bouncy seat, a swing, a kanga-rocka-roo (like a bouncy seat), a jumpy seat...then, off course 2 rockers...wooden...and, a L-Z Boy. Of course...a stroller...one luxury, and one portable...and later on, a walker. I didn't buy anything...they were shower gifts. :cooldude: My parents and my ex-hubby's parents even bought us the bedroom set, and went in on a full year of West End diaper service. Oooh, I was spoiled. Those were the days. Babies are such a glorious gift from God. :bible:

candlelight

P.S. ~ I believe in sharing...of course. So my sister and SIL's enjoyed the "windfall" as well. :thumb My son was the first born grand-son...he reaped the benefits along with his parents. :smile

Guest Guest
My swing is very mobile too...it's a travel swing. :smile Got it on freecycle too.

Now...that is a new thing to me! :wink

candlelight

• Members

I guess this is an old thread! But congrats anyway! My kids always preferred the bouncy seat to the swing...only my oldest really even enjoyed his swing, the rest I would get them a swing and they would fuss. My babies always had reflux too so the bouncy seats would help them take a nice elevated nap without discomfort.

(Actually my 11 mos old baby STILL has reflux...and about now its getting pretty GROSS and I can't wait til he grows out of it!!!)