• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How about discussing protestant churches that confuse politics with Christianity?

• Members
50 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Do you believe any church or denomination confuses parts of our culture with Christianity? 

You specified Protestant in the title of the thread.   So what if (even) all the churches , groups, and  denominations are wrong and not to be trusted and cannot save anyone?  What then ?  Why discuss all those that are wrong ?    Do you want to discuss then any or all others from USA or any country/ nation/ people that are wrong , instead of from Scripture what is right and true ? 

BTW, Bill have you yourself found one that is always truthful, and not given in to traditions (of catholicism mostly, in part or more), not given in to culture ,  not given in to and today still promoting false teachings, false doctrines, and even false gospels that cannot save ? 

17 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Is Bill even born again? For someone to be so radically to the Left as he is on everything makes me question if he has been?.

Bill, have you been born again by the blood of Jesus Christ trusting in him only?

I was born again and washed in the blood of Jesus Christ over 65 years ago. I totally submitted to Him over 60 years ago, surrendering all and promising to follow wherever he led. He has led to very interesting people and places. I take Christ's example and teachings on how we are to look at and treat others very seriously. This has landed me in trouble in this board. But I stand with Christ and do not worry about where others do not agree on how we are to treat others as Christ taught. Christ gave hard teachings and most folk do not want to hear about those teachings. 

I will not ask you the insulting question you ask me. Blessings. 

• Moderators

Matt 22:

15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk. 

16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth*, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men. 

17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? 

18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said,Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? 

19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 

20 And he saith unto them,Whose is this image and superscription? 

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them,Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. 

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way. 

Rom 13:

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God*: the powers that be are ordained of God. 

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. 

That pesky Bible, getting all into political topics! Don't they know better?

• Administrators
On 9/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

It is a matter of interpretation.

No, there is no interpretation involved or needed. What is needed is simply critical reading skills and a basic understanding of the English language.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

This has landed me in trouble in this board

Let me fact check this. It was your name calling, false accusations towards me, and repeatedly breaking board rules that got you in trouble. If it was on what you believe, you would not be here. I know this burst the "persecution" bubble, but looking back on the warning logs, your statement is false and would not hold up in court.

I disagree with a few things with our Mods and some regular members, but we get along fine as we are here to uplift God, not ourselves. In fact Jesus spent quite a bit of time rebuking the "religious" crowd.