• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whay about the exceiting new developments about Islam/Quran and Muhhamed?

• Members

As in the past several months have seen it come out that islam has major issues regarding the Quran, as in now know 37 different Arabic versions of it, and that historically, their prophet might not even existed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

I'd like to see one these videos. Can you post one here?

1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

I'd like to see one these videos. Can you post one here?

Now sent over and the man on left is Al Fadi, former Muslim, Arabic Koran expert, and Dr jay is a Christian apologist to Islam past 40 years!

• 11 months later...
  • Members

I must admit that I am not familiar with the other 37 versions of the Quran, but if they exist I would love to be able to understand what exactly is different. I wonder if they are clerical punctuation errors or if they include contradictory "revelations" compared to the common text of today. If there are major theological implications I am surprised that Islamic sects like the Ahmadiyyas, Shia, Sufis, and even the Baha'i scholars have not searched these others versions out looking for differences that would support the validity of their beliefs over Sunni Islam.

As far as an apologetic issue I personally wouldn't put too much weight behind these various versions to discredit the Quran and convert Muslims. The current accepted text of the Quran is already as false as any other version in my opinion and Muslims still largely believe it is divinely inspired. I feel like the average Muslim would completely dismiss the idea of there being other versions or would just see them as a fabrication produced by anti Muslims. If these other versions exist then I have no doubt that the Sunni Islamic scholars are aware of their existence and so it would appear they are ignoring and unconcerned about the differences. 

Im not sure I buy into the idea that Muhammad never actually existed although I am open to be proven wrong. Just based on the biographies I've read about him and the many historical events and places that are linked to his direct descendants it's hard to imagine how the Pagan Arabians could fabricate an entire bloodline and religious influence based on someone who didn't exist. Maybe if his influence was isolated to the Mecca and Medina areas I might be able to fathom it, but knowing that his nephews impacted the world as far away as Iraq with all of the historical burial sites there around Karbala it seems unlikely. 

I have always believed he existed and was a founder of a false religion that he helped expand and change the entire society of the Arabian country. There is one thing I have always wondered about him though...his motive. For years I have debated in my head if he completely made the Quran with his own mind and knowledge or if a demon transmitted the Quran to him disguised as an Angel. The claims of Joseph Smith and Muhammad are so so similar that I can't help to wonder if Mormonism and Islam came from men or messengers from Hell?

• Members

We have manu Muslim friends, but I had never heard anything about this development. It's very interesting, and I guess I'll have to do more research into it. Thank you @Disciple.Luke for posting about this again. I'll have to ask my Muslim friends about these things and see if they know anything about these developments.

Below is an interesting link that one of my friend sent to me. Wow! Didn't know anything about this!

https://www.answering-islam.org/Green/seven.htm

Edited by BrotherTony

• 1 year later...