• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Parable of the Lost Sheep

• Administrators

I've seen some Christians use the Parable of the Lost Sheep as a comparison to the Black Lives Matter Movement... It goes something like this.

ezgif-4-3f5df6b50b41.jpg

While I see what they are trying to accomplish, these types of analogies are "Theological Racism".  Seems we're so quick to find Scripture to back up what we are saying that we don't take what Jesus was talking about in context. To use this story and to compare to black people to the one sheep is insulting to them. This guy in the link below talks about this issue.

https://medium.com/@marc.lavarin/why-im-skeptical-of-new-christian-allies-be19ec672d2

• Members

re specifically , (as if?) ,  "the ones in danger"

Aren't "the ones in danger" the ones , of any color, creed, nation, or whatever today who after the resurrection they hear on judgment day "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels...." ?

Matthew 25:41 Context

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

• Members
3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

While I see what they are trying to accomplish, these types of analogies are "Theological Racism".

The picture used in the url shows a white sheep being the one lost.   

Nothing in the webpage looks like a spiritual approach or understanding to me - it looks all political-social.

Also,  just to double-check,  I looked up to see if "black sheep" (like as in black sheep of the family),  was ever considered racist.   It looks not.  Not even is it a slur necessarily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_sheep

------------------------

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-expression-Black-Sheep-racist?share=1

"As far as I know, saying something like, "John is the black sheep of his family," does not constitute a slur. It is not saying that, on a scale of objective good and evil, John is evil, or even that people in the general community feel they need to be wary of him. It is just saying that John does not meet with his family's expectations. John might be the only honest and altruistic member of a family of merciless pay-check early cashing and short-term tide-you-over 37% loan sharks."

-------------------------

Thus 'racist' seems to be a politic term,  for politic and social reasons,  not at all something found in the congregations or assemblies of believers who are abiding in Jesus.

• Members
6 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

The picture used in the url shows a white sheep being the one lost.   

Nothing in the webpage looks like a spiritual approach or understanding to me - it looks all political-social.

Also,  just to double-check,  I looked up to see if "black sheep" (like as in black sheep of the family),  was ever considered racist.   It looks not.  Not even is it a slur necessarily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_sheep

------------------------

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-expression-Black-Sheep-racist?share=1

"As far as I know, saying something like, "John is the black sheep of his family," does not constitute a slur. It is not saying that, on a scale of objective good and evil, John is evil, or even that people in the general community feel they need to be wary of him. It is just saying that John does not meet with his family's expectations. John might be the only honest and altruistic member of a family of merciless pay-check early cashing and short-term tide-you-over 37% loan sharks."

-------------------------

Thus 'racist' seems to be a politic term,  for politic and social reasons,  not at all something found in the congregations or assemblies of believers who are abiding in Jesus.

I was being sarcastic about the "black sheep" reference. I just mentioned it because these commies are obsessed with race. I ever heard recently that it's now racist to refer to a bedroom as a "Master Bedroom" because that's white supremacy. I kid you not.