• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

So This Is Where The KJV Baptist Hang Out!

• Members

Yeah hath God said?... We know who said that and that it caused the fall of man and it has been causing men to fall ever since... Do we believe that God preserved his word to his English speaking people or not, says he did and if we don't then God is a liar... Let God be true and every man a liar... Isn't it interesting that the KJV came about during great persecution in England in 1611 and not soon after those who received it took it to the New World in 1620... A book that talks about the blood of Christ and the sacrifice that was needed to saved sinful man was the answer of prayer by the blood of a martyr, I know the KJV and it has been my Bible over 50 years... Enough about my passion not to this unworthy one only by the grace of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ am I saved.

Now to me, I am now 73 and grew up in the church and I feel my life has been church... I don't argue much I will tell you what I believe and let the chips fall where they may... And as Proverbs 15:1 says... A soft answer turneth away wrath but I will give you a lively discussion, observing Christian attitude as we all should... I am KJV!... I'm not KJVP... I don't prefer it over others as there is no other... I'm KJVO... Because there is ONLY one word of God... If anyone wants to argue this point go somewhere else I'm not interested... God Bless You All... I'm Brother Ramsey?

• Members
51 minutes ago, KJV ME! said:

Yeah hath God said?... We know who said that and that it caused the fall of man and it has been causing men to fall ever since... Do we believe that God preserved his word to his English speaking people or not, says he did and if we don't then God is a liar... Let God be true and every man a liar... Isn't it interesting that the KJV came about during great persecution in England in 1611 and not soon after those who received it took it to the New World in 1620... A book that talks about the blood of Christ and the sacrifice that was needed to saved sinful man was the answer of prayer by the blood of a martyr, I know the KJV and it has been my Bible over 50 years... Enough about my passion not to this unworthy one only by the grace of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ am I saved.

Now to me, I am now 73 and grew up in the church and I feel my life has been church... I don't argue much I will tell you what I believe and let the chips fall where they may... And as Proverbs 15:1 says... A soft answer turneth away wrath but I will give you a lively discussion, observing Christian attitude as we all should... I am KJV!... I'm not KJVP... I don't prefer it over others as there is no other... I'm KJVO... Because there is ONLY one word of God... If anyone wants to argue this point go somewhere else I'm not interested... God Bless You All... I'm Brother Ramsey?

Been on another board for over 20 years... Being KJV seem to be a bad word and it seems I have been hiding under a rock, show a passion there for the KJV word of God and you may be banned... Its just another translation to them... For over 50 years I have mined this book and taken the treasures and gems from it and thank God for opening my eyes to the truth and his KJV to his blood bought children... Let others read what they want, they won't listen and God allows them to walk around in darkness... The KJV that graced our church pulpit was revered and respected as the true infallible word of God, take out the KJV and God soon followed... Another gospel, another Jesus... Pardon the expression a basterdized interpretation of the true... Brother Ramsey

• Members

KJV ME said:  "For over 50 years I have mined this book and taken the treasures and gems from it and thank God for opening my eyes to the truth and his KJV to his blood bought children... Let others read what they want, they won't listen and God allows them to walk around in darkness..."

Amen and amen! Thank you for your testimony and your love for the KJV.

At 19 years old I started on my journey learning the truths of the scriptures and found the treasures, the gold, the gems, contained therein.

During that course of my journey I have read, and studied, most of the other versions that are available in the realm of Christianity. And, in my experience,  none, may I repeat, none, of the other versions have any gems available.

I love the KJV, with all of its thees and thous, and all other 'archaic' words, in it. I fully understand the difference between the original 1611 and the differences between the different KJV's and readily accept them all. For those folks who find fault with the KJV I feel sorry for you. You can take these new versions,  including the NKJV, and leave us alone.  

I have not found, nor am I looking for, any new version that comes along.

• Members

I heard one preacher actually a friend of mine who has been preaching for over 60 years... What those who attack the KJV, what they don't understand is this English was not the English of the day... They took out the preface in the KJV because that was the English of the day... This is High English or as I like to think of it as Heavenly English... God did not use mundane English for his Bible, this English transcends all other English and is so simple a child can understand it... And if it has been good enough for over 400 years and all the old theologians quote it and go by it, Spurgeon certainly comes to mind and his illustration are beautiful, then it good enough now... Brother Ramsey?

• Moderators
22 hours ago, KJV ME! said:

Been on another board for over 20 years... Being KJV seem to be a bad word and it seems I have been hiding under a rock, show a passion there for the KJV word of God and you may be banned... Its just another translation to them... For over 50 years I have mined this book and taken the treasures and gems from it and thank God for opening my eyes to the truth and his KJV to his blood bought children... Let others read what they want, they won't listen and God allows them to walk around in darkness... The KJV that graced our church pulpit was revered and respected as the true infallible word of God, take out the KJV and God soon followed... Another gospel, another Jesus... Pardon the expression a basterdized interpretation of the true... Brother Ramsey

I think a lot of us have been through that board. Some are still there, because they hold to the idea that no Bible is infallible, and they use KJV here basically under protest.

Anyways, welcome aboard on the board!

• Members
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 4:59 PM, KJV ME! said:

Isn't it interesting that the KJV came about during great persecution in England in 1611 and not soon after those who received it took it to the New World in 1620...

Are you unaware that some of those in the state church who was doing the persecuting in England from 1600 until 1611 were involved in translating?

The believers and Puritans being persecuted often were reading the Geneva Bible.

• Members

Yes, and I also know hearing from another that the Geneva Bible was the one that was suppose to be translated instead of the KJV but God had other plans... I know this is the one that God planned, to be the infallible word of God he left for us... There is no doubt in my mind, no matter what others say and no matter what other translations come up the KJV IS THE TRUE WORD OF GOD... No matter what translation was put out there weather it was the Geneva or the KJV, someone is always going to be attacking the word of God... Or changing it to say something that glorifies man instead of God... Man will not be satisfied until he is sitting on Gods throne looking down at God instead of God looking down at man... I don't need to compare other translations with the KJV, I know where they are going... Isaiah 14 tells you.. Anyway that's how I see it... Brother Ramsey?

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

• Members

Someone can assume or suppose their opinions to be correct, but that does not prove them to be true.   Mixing in a scriptural truth with opinions of men does not make the opinions scriptural.  Opinions that anyone merely assumes or supposes to be true cannot soundly be known to be true.   To be known to be true they would need to be proven to be true [not merely assumed].  Some may put their own non-scriptural opinions above what the Scriptures state so that they can be guilty of what they accuse others.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good (1 Thess. 5:21).

Several of the KJV translators were members of the Court of High Commission (the state church court used to persecute people for their beliefs), and at least two of them were actively involved in having two men burned at the stake in 1611/1612, one of them a professed Baptist.

Edited by Tyndale

• Members

As a Bible-believer, I have read the KJV over 50 years.   I advocate and support the teaching of sound Bible doctrine.   It should also be acknowledged that some can read their own opinions into verses that do not state and teach what they claim.    In agreement with scriptural truth, believers should object to the teaching of opinions and traditions of men as being a doctrine or commandment of God when they are not (Mark 7:7-9).   In agreement with the wisdom from God above, believers also should object to the showing of partiality to one exclusive group of translators since God's wisdom is without partiality and without hypocrisy (James 3:17).   According to scriptural truth, the word of God should not be bound to the textual criticism decisions, Bible revision decisions, and translation decisions of one exclusive group of men since the word of God is not bound (2 Tim. 2:9).   Believers should apply scriptural truths justly and judge righteous judgment (John 7:24), and they should oppose judging unrighteous judgments that would involve the use of unjust divers measures/standards [double standards] or judgment according to appearance.   Believers are instructed to speak the truth (Eph. 4:25) and to prove all things (1 Thess. 5:20).

• Members
On 5/16/2020 at 4:59 PM, KJV ME! said:

Yeah hath God said?

Hi, and welcome to Online Baptist. Thank you for your stand upon the KJB.

If I may, I would like to humbly ask for clarification on your beliefs. After looking at your profile, you state that you are..."Old Line Sovereign Grace Primitive Baptist".

I have an understanding of what I know both "sovereign grace" and "Primitive Baptist" mean, but would you mind clarifying what those terms mean to you in relation to salvation? I would appreciate your answers so that I will better understand...

1. If I am correct in my understanding.

2. To let others here know your beliefs.

Respectfully,

No Nicolaitans