• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thanks!

• Members

I just want to introduce myself and to say thank you for allowing me to be part of this board. My name is Chase Tallent and I have been active duty Navy for 16 years this coming August. I currently am a member of an SBC church but I grew up independent baptist, my grandfather has been an independent baptist pastor for 50 years. I will be entering ministry as well when I retire from the Navy in 2024 and I am currently working on my biblical studies degree at The Master's University. I wanted to be part of this board to learn from those of you that have been in ministry and to contribute when I can, I have no other agenda other than to learn. Bottom line is I love the Lord and my brothers and sisters in Christ!

• Members
42 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Retired Navy 29 years, praise God for saved sailors we need more to be saved. 

Ever stand a bridge watch?

I am an Aviation Ordnanceman however, my first two years of service I was an undesignated Deck Seaman. So yes, I have stood my fair share of lookout and bridge watch's. Thank you for your 29 years of service. What rank were you when you retired? I am currently a Chief. You are correct we need more saved Sailors, they are a tough bunch to share the Gospel with but that won't stop me, and thankfully the gospel of Christ "is the power of God unto salvation" and not me!

• Members
2 minutes ago, chasetallent said:

I am an Aviation Ordnanceman however, my first two years of service I was an undesignated Deck Seaman. So yes, I have stood my fair share of lookout and bridge watch's. Thank you for your 29 years of service. What rank were you when you retired? I am currently a Chief. You are correct we need more saved Sailors, they are a tough bunch to share the Gospel with but that won't stop me, and thankfully the gospel of Christ "is the power of God unto salvation" and not me!

Sorry, I have been retired 29 years ago. I was a TD (tradevman), aviation rate,...became extinct So I moved over to the black shoe side and retired an FC Chief.  So you're familiar with CBDR?

• Members
2 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Sorry, I have been retired 29 years ago. I was a TD (tradevman), aviation rate,...became extinct So I moved over to the black shoe side and retired an FC Chief.  So you're familiar with CBDR?

Constant Bearing Decreasing Range? Yes however, it has been 14 years since I have dealt with that. I am also familiar with relative bearing as well. Many Many moons ago brother! I work with bombs and missiles that get loaded on aircraft for the past 14 years.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Alan said:

Glad to have you board Online Baptist. Sailors are always welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you very much, happy to be part of the group, and look forward to learning and contributing.

8 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Here's a thought for you - CBDR - Christ's -  Birth - Death - Resurrection...

I would like to go through the Navy acronyms and see just how many would make a good witnessing tool.

That is awesome with what you did to that acronym! I may have to take time in the future and put something together, very interesting.

• Members
3 minutes ago, chasetallent said:

Thank you very much, happy to be part of the group, and look forward to learning and contributing.

That is awesome with what you did to that acronym! I may have to take time in the future and put something together, very interesting.

All yours maybe it will come up some time up there on the flight deck or even hanger bay. Fair winds and following seas shipmate...I'll see you on the Master's ship one day.