• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Social Distancing

Alan

• Members

My wife and I, driving down the road the other day, observing the speed limit, albeit sitting close ?‍❤️‍?  together (we are still in love ?), when I was stopped by the local Mayor (in these trying times the local officials, governors, etc... make the rules), and he gave me a ticket, and a scolding,  :4_2_109v: for not enough distance between my wife and I! :3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e:

• Members

My granddaughter who is 11 on April 1st, has had to cancel her birthday party and asked if we could have family conference call on WhatsApp

instead. 

My sister who will be 80 on 7th April has had to cancel her celebrationsas well.Her eldest son .  He has written:

1. As many as possible bring cakes with candles on and between them we could have 80 candles for mum to 'blow out' - feel free to do that if you can/want, and at the end we can all sing happy birthday,
  2. As many as possible to send me photos in advance - these need to either include a photo of mum or a picture of an event that took place during her life time - the critical thing is that you must know the year of the photo/event; you don't need to tell me but we will use the photos for a quiz on the day so then you can reveal the year once we have all had a chance t guess it.

He hasn't said what platform he would be using . We usually use Messenger or WhatsApp. We stopped using Skype because the others give a more reliable service.

• Administrators
On 3/26/2020 at 5:01 PM, Invicta said:

My granddaughter who is 11 on April 1st, has had to cancel her birthday party and asked if we could have family conference call on WhatsApp

instead. 

My sister who will be 80 on 7th April has had to cancel her celebrationsas well.Her eldest son .  He has written:

1. As many as possible bring cakes with candles on and between them we could have 80 candles for mum to 'blow out' - feel free to do that if you can/want, and at the end we can all sing happy birthday,
  2. As many as possible to send me photos in advance - these need to either include a photo of mum or a picture of an event that took place during her life time - the critical thing is that you must know the year of the photo/event; you don't need to tell me but we will use the photos for a quiz on the day so then you can reveal the year once we have all had a chance t guess it.

He hasn't said what platform he would be using . We usually use Messenger or WhatsApp. We stopped using Skype because the others give a more reliable service.

I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard Zoom is pretty good.

• Moderators
On 3/26/2020 at 4:03 PM, Alan said:

My wife and I, driving down the road the other day, observing the speed limit, albeit sitting close ?‍❤️‍?  together (we are still in love ?), when I was stopped by the local Mayor (in these trying times the local officials, governors, etc... make the rules), and he gave me a ticket, and a scolding,  :4_2_109v: for not enough distance between my wife and I! :3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e:

Tell me you’re joking...