• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

In Great Need of Work!

• Members

Don't get discouraged. Keep on looking. Put on a smiling face, and do the best job that you can do in looking for a place of employment, and after you get a job be the best employee that your boss has. "Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men." Proverbs 22:29

I will pray that the Lord gives you a job. God bless you my friend,

• Members

Matthew 6:31-33 KJV
[31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? [32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. [33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Vs 33 is key. 

• Administrators
21 hours ago, James1023 said:

Thanks for the kind replies.  No need anymore, as I am sure it won’t do any good.

My pray life is making me, an atheist.

My reply below is not meant to be critical or mean, just honestly asking because I don't understand the logic in your statement. 

Why? Because God is not answering a prayer request in the way and time frame that you want? God is not a genie in a box were you get 3 wishes that you wish. 

1 John 5:14-15 (KJV)  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

James, I have been there before. I've had no job for over a year trying to provide for my family. I now look back and see how God provided over and over again during that time period. Not working actually saw my faith strengthen because I saw that God was with me and provided food and clothing for my family. 

• Members
3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

My reply below is not meant to be critical or mean, just honestly asking because I don't understand the logic in your statement. 

Why? Because God is not answering a prayer request in the way and time frame that you want? God is not a genie in a box were you get 3 wishes that we want. 

1 John 5:14-15 (KJV)  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

James, I have been there before. I've had no job for over a year trying to provide for my family. I now look back and see how God provided over and over again during that time period. Not working actually saw my faith strengthen because I saw that God was with me and provided food and clothing for my family. 

I almost said basically the same.

People need to realize that God doesn't behave according to their preconceived ideas. 

As one person said “we have no right to expect or believe something that God never promised or said”...

God has not promised that people would be happy or rich or never without work or trying times, he HAS promised that all who believe the Gospel will be saved from hell and that He will take care of the financial/material needs of anyone who seeks to do HiS will!

• Members
On 3/15/2020 at 5:07 PM, James1023 said:

No need anymore, as I am sure it won’t do any good. My pray life is making me, an atheist.

I suggest you read the letter of James in the Bible and take it to heart. Don't play games with your faith, as you won't please or amuse God. Either believe or don't and don't base your faith off of what you can get form God because a half hearted believer or those who are self serving will get nothing. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+1&version=AKJV

• Members
On 3/13/2020 at 10:21 PM, James1023 said:

Been looking for full time work for nearly 2 months.  Thought I found it twice just to get laid off both times.  Please pray for me in Jesus Grace I might find work.

Beginning to think I will never find a job again.

James, make sure you aren't harboring any sins.  If you are, throw them off and confess them so that the Lord may hear your prayers once again.  Like Paul with the splinter in his eye, I've been praying for work for years.  It comes and goes along with my health.  Treat your job search like a job, working, looking, from 9-5 for example 4 days a week, taking Friday off.  During times of increased unemployment, employers are bombarded with applications within minutes of them posting the job and usually never get to the people who respond 4 hours later, let alone two days later.  This may require scanning Craigslist constantly during waking hours rather than during business hours.

Consider also that the Lord may be wanting you to move or become a missionary and if you're like me, too hard headed to realize it at first, or second!