• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Junk feedback/emails

• Members

Every day I check the church website there are junk feedback entries - between 8 and 16 at least once a day and sometimes twice. Usually they are trying to tell me how to make squillions from bitcoin, sometimes trying to sell me pharmaceuticals cheap, sometimes offering to be my wife.

I also get emails from all sorts trying the same things and also trying to give me a few million that was left to them for a good cause by their great uncle who was the treasurer of some place or another.

Thankfully I can just delete them, but it does take time, and it is annoying. 

And because they come from all sorts of different emails there is no way to block them.

So part of my day is spent getting rid of useless junk I didn't ask for.

21st century problems...…..

• Members

Yeah, I used a 19th century solution to fix that problem when I came on as pastor in December. I removed the church computer from my office, shut down the cluttered, unused church website, and turned the email address over to the church secretary/treasurer to keep up with. We have no wi-fi at the church or my house, beyond the data on my mobile phone. Its certainly not the solution for everyone, but its works for this old cowboy. ?

• Administrators
On 3/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, weary warrior said:

Yeah, I used a 19th century solution to fix that problem when I came on as pastor in December. I removed the church computer from my office, shut down the cluttered, unused church website, and turned the email address over to the church secretary/treasurer to keep up with. We have no wi-fi at the church or my house, beyond the data on my mobile phone. Its certainly not the solution for everyone, but its works for this old cowboy. ?

I'd love to go back to those days, but being in the NY metropolitan area we rely heavily on our website and live streaming. I get constant inquires about our church through the website, and even last night a lady was watching our live stream and when her phone cut out she drove to church because she had to hear the preacher. I guess people here rely too much on technology. We are still old fashion traditional Baptist church, but we heavily rely on technology in communication and advertising.