• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Nerdy Are You?

• Members

78% scored higher (more nerdy),
2% scored the same, and
20% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Not nerdy, but definitely not hip.

Yay, I'm less of a nerd that I was at high school - I may even make it to halfway cool if I live long enough!

Actually I think I'm more of a geek than a nerd.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
78% scored higher (more nerdy),
2% scored the same, and
20% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Not nerdy, but definitely not hip.

Yay, I'm less of a nerd that I was at high school - I may even make it to halfway cool if I live long enough!

Actually I think I'm more of a geek than a nerd.

I tend to think of myself as more of a geek than a nerd, it seems like geeks have more class. :lol

• Members
They didn't give a number but based on statistics of others who took the test, I'm an 86% nerd.

High-Level Nerd. You are definitely MIT material, apply now!!!.

Isn't your avatar the Linux penguin??? :smile

• Members

Geeks don't have more class, they just dress better. :lol

Whilst it isn't an official definition, a fellow geek reckons that the main difference is that nerds are fat and sweaty whilst geeks are thin and not sweaty. That would mean I'll become a nerd in November/December-ish : sad, just before our summer baby is due (I'm in Australia, please pardon the sense of humour :roll :bonk:)

• Members

Whilst it isn't an official definition, a fellow geek reckons that the main difference is that nerds are fat and sweaty whilst geeks are thin and not sweaty. That would mean I'll become a nerd in November/December-ish : sad, just before our summer baby is due (I'm in Australia, please pardon the sense of humour :roll :bonk:)

The only problem with this statement is, I know lots of heavy sweaty geeks. And the typical stereotype (Revenge of the nerds, for instance) non of the nerds were fat or sweaty.

Personally the difference I've noticed (not defined, but casual observation) is that geeks seem to be more centralized, whilst nerds tend to be more "well rounded". For example, you can have a computer geek, math geek, science geek, etc... While a nerd (especially as demonstrated by the test) tends to know computers, math, science, and on and on.

So I would consider myself a computer geek. I have an interest in science (applied to creation and real science, not really evolution), but I would definitely not say that I know my way around the subject. But I do know my way around computers. Since my geekness/nerdiness tends to be centralized I would just call myself a (computer) geek. And as you can see I'm not that good at English and formulating ideas into something comprehensive, so I'm going to stop typing now.

• Members

Why yes it is. Thank you for noticing. I tried to get a Linux penguin holding a bible instead of wearing an over sized cross but that was the best I could do.

Linux penguin. 'nuff said... I'll let you have computer geek if that's your preference. I'm probably more of a Nintendo/Wii geek (although I know people who are way more geeky/passionate than I am), with a side serving of sci-fi. :smile

• Members

Linux penguin. 'nuff said... I'll let you have computer geek if that's your preference. I'm probably more of a Nintendo/Wii geek (although I know people who are way more geeky/passionate than I am), with a side serving of sci-fi. :smile

Now don't be like that. I'm more than happy to share the honorary title of Computer Geek. :Green

• Members

Now don't be like that. I'm more than happy to share the honorary title of Computer Geek. :Green

Of course my hubby had to go and point out the fact that I recognised Tux, and that only adds to my geek factor. :smile