• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Separation over doctrine.

• Members
On 5/19/2020 at 1:15 PM, Ukulelemike said:

You mean in the opinion of Calvinists? Probably depends on the Calvinists-many of them have severe disagreement as to what a true Calvinist even is, or over use of the term, often preferring "reformed", so it doesn't appear to follow a man's teachings, (even thought it does). I suspect many would say that someone who believes they have a choice in the matter, are not saved. I would say, if you are depending on being regenerated before you seek salvation, it might give a question of your salvation, since you are depending on something completely unbiblical to be your foundation for salvation.

I am a Reformed Baptist, and my take is that they are saved by the same Gospel as I was, its just that they are not clear on what the Bible teaches it as being!

• Members

Calvinism is not supported at all from Scripture. Calvinism is a philosophy which imposes its doctrine onto Scripture making it align with their own paradigm. They eisegete Scripture instead of exegeting Scripture. Let's call Calvinism what it is, heresy! It is a false gospel that backloads works making it a false gospel that will not save and cannot save! It is time we call a spade a spade. And no we cannot agree to disagree because the true gospel is on the line (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). When it comes to soteriology we cannot compromise and "eat the meat and spit out the bones", or "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." It is time we take a stand against the heresies and false gospels of Arminianism, Calvinism, and Lordship Salvation that is a plague in the vast majority of churches today! It is sad when I can't find a good church where I live to go to because of compromising on the truth of God's Word. People care more about friendships in church than they do about the truth of God's Word! It is time for people to WAKE UP!!!

• Members
18 hours ago, gracelife said:

Calvinism is not supported at all from Scripture. Calvinism is a philosophy which imposes its doctrine onto Scripture making it align with their own paradigm. They eisegete Scripture instead of exegeting Scripture. Let's call Calvinism what it is, heresy! It is a false gospel that backloads works making it a false gospel that will not save and cannot save! It is time we call a spade a spade. And no we cannot agree to disagree because the true gospel is on the line (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). When it comes to soteriology we cannot compromise and "eat the meat and spit out the bones", or "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." It is time we take a stand against the heresies and false gospels of Arminianism, Calvinism, and Lordship Salvation that is a plague in the vast majority of churches today! It is sad when I can't find a good church where I live to go to because of compromising on the truth of God's Word. People care more about friendships in church than they do about the truth of God's Word! It is time for people to WAKE UP!!!

Calvinism explains best though just what the Sotierology proper of God was in saving lost sinners!

• Members
19 hours ago, gracelife said:

Calvinism is not supported at all from Scripture. 

18 minutes ago, DaChaser said:

Calvinism explains best though just what the Sotierology proper of God was in saving lost sinners!

Well, the above two statements simply cannot both be true . . .

• Members
12 minutes ago, DaChaser said:

True, will stick by my assertion, but will not divide over it!

Understood.  I, on the other hand, will continue to hold that Calvinistic/Reformed soteriology is false doctrine; and I WILL separate over it - at least over the two points of regeneration before faith and of limited atonement.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

There can be no truth in a doctrinal sense, if there is even one lie inserted. Brethren it is either truth or a lie, there can be no mixture of the two.

Galatians 5:9 (KJV) A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Secondary issue, as we should only separate over issues such as "is Jesus God, Did he physically resurrect, is the Bible inspired?"

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DaChaser said:

Secondary issue, as we should only separate over issues such as "is Jesus God, Did he physically resurrect, is the Bible inspired?"

The original, sound Baptist Churches were turned from the way by false doctrine of every nature , just a little bit at a time until they were apostate. For me there is no secondary issue, it is truth or a lie, can't be both and will not be tolerated by me.

To "pick and choose"which lie to accept is walking on very dangerous ground. 

Ephesians 4:14 (KJV) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

• Members
4 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

The original, sound Baptist Churches were turned from the way by false doctrine of every nature , just a little bit at a time until they were apostate. For me there is no secondary issue, it is truth or a lie, can't be both and will not be tolerated by me.

Ephesians 4:14 (KJV) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Exactly what I mean by "eat the meat and spit out the bones" and "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." We cannot compromise when it comes to the truth of God's Word especially on the gospel and soteriology! Calvinism and Lordship Salvation are false and from the pit of hell. They are false gospels that will not save and cannot save!

• Members
18 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Understood.  I, on the other hand, will continue to hold that Calvinistic/Reformed soteriology is false doctrine; and I WILL separate over it - at least over the two points of regeneration before faith and of limited atonement.

14 hours ago, DaChaser said:

13 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

The way of eternal life is hardly a secondary issue.

1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Sounds like true salvation (and the means thereof) is somewhat important...almost as though it's the whole reason for everything.

• Members
On 5/18/2020 at 2:50 AM, DaChaser said:

I am just saying that one can be saved and be either a calvinist or not, and while cam make for inyeresting discussions, not an issue to divide over! To me, thnose issues are like Deity of Jesus, Trinity, Bible inspration etc!

Excuse the words of a young woman coming in here, but I think the question is...What kind of beliefs do you want your children to have? What kind of friends? God doesn't ask us to seperate over things just because. He is quite practical and logical, and he knows that we become what we hang around. It pays to ask the same questions the Lord would to himself (if that were possible)..."Now what will happen if I don't tell my children to stay away from this and this and this? Not good. Better include that in the rules".

• Members
17 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

The way of eternal life is hardly a secondary issue.

I am a 5 point calinist, but will not deny that one not holding to that cannot be saved!

14 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

We must agree on the Fundamentals of the faith, but free to disagree on secondary issues! Must hold to Second Coming, but can be various timing, such as Post/pre/A Mil!

4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Sounds like true salvation (and the means thereof) is somewhat important...almost as though it's the whole reason for everything.

We can agree to disagree on if its calvinistic or not is my point! That would not be something to divide over!

• Members
2 hours ago, LYDIA WESTERN said:

Excuse the words of a young woman coming in here, but I think the question is...What kind of beliefs do you want your children to have? What kind of friends? God doesn't ask us to seperate over things just because. He is quite practical and logical, and he knows that we become what we hang around. It pays to ask the same questions the Lord would to himself (if that were possible)..."Now what will happen if I don't tell my children to stay away from this and this and this? Not good. Better include that in the rules".

The redeemed of the Lord would include those holding to calvinism, not to it, spiritual gifts, none today, and various modes of baptism and second coming views!