Jump to content
Online Baptist

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Today Christians doesn’t care much about politics. Our founding fathers and all those that ran to be a politician were Christians, here in America. What change? Immorality have changed much here, what was bad, is now called okay. Christians and churches are more self centered. Don’t want to participate, or they say something like God is in control. Are you going to let the liberals, take over and just give up? Or are we going to support  those that support the Christian faith. You decide, for me and my house we will serve, and support the Lord. 
 

Thank you, E Morales

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Trump has been acquitted, now he can go back to work and hopefully they stop spending taxpayers money trying to impeach him. I know that there are many brothers and sisters in Christ. that do not like this man, and I can understand why, but remember we’re all sinners, that we all need to repent, and that we are all saved by the grace of God. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Believers need to get back to the biblical truth that God ordains the powers that be, and that, unless they take stands specifically against God and His commands, we are to obey them as obeying the ordinances of God. That goes for Trump, as it did for Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc, all the way back to Washington. God will have His way in this, and every other country, and He will use the powers that be that He puts into place to do it. As such, we ought to honor them as they whom God has placed into positions, pray for them to do well, to be blessed, to be saved, to have God's wisdom. Trump is far from perfect, but he is far more interested in doing well by the country, by its laws, and at least gives good lip service to God and Christian rights. I don't know if he is saved: he is surrounded by false prophets and money-grubbing wolves who will never dare tell him his need for salvation, but we need to pray the Lord will bring someone who will tell him, and pray he is saved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
On 2/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, Ukulelemike said:

Believers need to get back to the biblical truth that God ordains the powers that be, and that, unless they take stands specifically against God and His commands, we are to obey them as obeying the ordinances of God. That goes for Trump, as it did for Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc, all the way back to Washington. God will have His way in this, and every other country, and He will use the powers that be that He puts into place to do it. As such, we ought to honor them as they whom God has placed into positions, pray for them to do well, to be blessed, to be saved, to have God's wisdom. Trump is far from perfect, but he is far more interested in doing well by the country, by its laws, and at least gives good lip service to God and Christian rights. I don't know if he is saved: he is surrounded by false prophets and money-grubbing wolves who will never dare tell him his need for salvation, but we need to pray the Lord will bring someone who will tell him, and pray he is saved.

Thank you for answering to this post. My million dollar question now is, what if a gay man wins to be the president of the United States. What will the born again Christians do? For I know that the lost, so called Christians will support the gay movement or a gay president. The days of Sodom and Gomorrah have returned. 

 

Old message below posted on my website, but I would like someone to reply to the post above and keep on the topic Christians and Politics, thanks.🤠

 

Homosexuality has been around a long time and is nothing new. It has been instrumental in destroying a number of civilizations. It is shocking to see how governmental leaders, doctors, educators and many others have turned pro-gay. However, the most disgusting thing is to see gay churches, gay ministers and pro-gay religious leaders. Nothing is holy to these ungodly people. They dare to suggest that David and Jonathan were homosexual friends. Some have said that Jesus was gay since He never married. It grieves us to repeat such trash, but people should know what is going on!!

HOMOSEXUAL DENOMINATION IS GROWING! Rev. Troy D. Perry started a homosexual denomination 8 or 9 years ago, after being asked to resign from the Church of God because of his homosexuality. By October 1975 this denomination had grown to 89 congregations scattered across the land. They boast of many thousands of members in these 89 congregations. It is known as The Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches. They are sponsoring a bicentennial program that will culminate in Washington, D.C., where the denomination will hold its 7th General Conference in 1976. (The 6th Conference in Aug. 1975 at Dallas, was attended by more than 1,000). We have many clippings, describing churches organized by this group across the nation. They have also helped organize a “gay” synagogue for homosexual Jews in California.– Adapted from RNS dispatch in Baptist Bible Tribune, 10-3-75 and from other sources. Rev. Troy Perry married a 23 year old Chicago male in June 1972. This marriage of two males was an Episcopalian rite, according to Perry. In 1971, Perry journeyed to New York, where he conducted anniversary services for the 600 member Parish of the Beloved Disciple in New York. (This church is a part of another gay denomination that is in the Orthodox tradition). While there Troy performed the marriage ceremony for Father Robert Clement, Parish Pastor, and his male lover of 12 years. Perry was assisted in the ceremony by Episcopal Priest Robert Weeks and former Catholic Priest Stephen Marion.

GAY MINISTERS AND CHURCHES IN THE NEWS

Homosexual Church received into the Greater Seattle Council of Churches. On the final vote, there was only one dissenting vote.–F.E.A. Sept., Oct. 1975.

Glide Memorial Methodist Church openly advocates homosexuality. This San Francisco Church is a member of the United Methodist Church. It was founded and is funded by a trust, from Mrs. Lizzie Glide, widow of an oil millionaire back in the 1920’s. In 1969, the pastor of Glide Meth. spoke to 2,000 at the Centenary United Methodist Church in St. Louis. According to Blu-Print 4-25-72, here is what he said: “In every service at Glide Church we embrace one another. We kiss one another. We smell one another. We feel one another. The chairman of my Official Board was an admitted homosexual. And why not? This is one way for every person to find his sexual identity…Most of our people believe in the communal life. I have not married a single couple at Glide who were not already living together…People become stimulated in our church happenings. We believe in people doing their thing and doing what they want to. Several have became so stimulated…they have disrobed. One young man came to church covered only by a blanket…he walked up front and threw his blanket down and stood there totally naked. I walked over and patted him and said, Man what a beautiful body you have.” Blu-Print also reported that the Northern Calif. Council of Churches have their offices in the Glide building. I have here before me, a picture of two homosexual men being married in the Glide Church.

THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

“A major board of the United Methodist Church has recommended that the 10 million member denomination accept a more open policy toward membership for homosexuals.” The board is asking for a revision of the church’s present policy which would read, “We welcome all persons regardless of sexual orientation in the fellowship and membership of the church.”–From Philadelphia Inquirer of 10-31-75.

The United Methodist Youth Ministry Council urges ordination of homosexuals in the United Methodist Church.–Maranatha Baptist Watchman 1-75. Vote to suspend homosexual Methodist preacher was 144-117. Rev. Gene Leggett, a 36 year old clergyman was suspended by the Southwest Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. He admitted being an homosexual.– Baptist Bible Tribune 7-2-71. Isn’t it amazing that 117 (44%) voted against suspension???

The Episcopalians and Homosexuals. On Aug. 9, 1973 the Diocese of Michigan recommended in Detroit that they open the ministries of the denomination to admitted homosexuals and allow church buildings to be used by homosexual groups.–Voice of the Nazarene, Jan. 1975. Avowed homosexuals will be excluded from future ordination as deacons, priests or bishops in the Episcopal Diocese of Texas, the church’s state convention has voted.–Lubbock Avalanche Journal 1976. Anglican (Episcopal) Scholar sees no reason to bar ordination of homosexuals. The scholar’s name is Dr. W. Norman Pittenger of King’s College, Cambridge University.–B.B.T. 4-13-73 United Church of Christ and Sodomy! Homosexuals should be ordained to the ministry. Homosexuality as such should not be an issue in considering qualifications for ordination, the Council for Church and Ministry, a United Church of Christ agency said here in a recommendation to the denomination’s Executive Council.–Baptist Bible Tribune 10-19-73. United Church of Christ ordains homosexual! A conference of lay and clergy delegates from 19 Bay Area churches voted 62-34 to ordain William Johnson to the ministry. Johnson said, “I hope some day to share a deep love relationship with another man.”–Blu-Print 5-2-72. The United Church of Christ is one of the major denominations having 6,699 churches, a membership of 1,928,674 and 9,378 ordained clergymen.

Powerful forces are working in many denominations to approve homosexual life style and homosexual ministers. Never mind what the Bible says. These blind spiritual leaders are determined to build the 20th CENTURY CHURCHES OF SODOM!

 

Edited by E Morales
Added some more info, to my reply. Thanks
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

America ready for a LGBTQ President ? I say never, but who am I. What I can see, is the blindness all around the States. People with eyes that cannot see, and having ears, but are not able to hear. I believe that our first gay president, could be a candidate that turns against our Jewish partners, and to the State of Jerusalem. Signs of the times.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Why so many Christians don't like talking about politics? 

1. Afraid to loose members or followers.

2. Afraid to stand for the truth, what will they think, or say of me.

3. Afraid they might close the door to a opportunity.

4. Afraid they might not look to religious, if they do talk politics. 

5. Afraid to be be on the wrong side.

6. Why are you afraid to talk about politics?   🥺

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
On 2/7/2020 at 3:52 AM, E Morales said:

Thank you for answering to this post. My million dollar question now is, what if a gay man wins to be the president of the United States. What will the born again Christians do? For I know that the lost, so called Christians will support the gay movement or a gay president. The days of Sodom and Gomorrah have returned. 

 

 

 

Good question. We know Buttigieg is running, openly homosexual. So any true believer ought to use his or her vote to stand against them. 

Should the tragic occur and he wins, then we obey the government as we ought, in all areas where it doesn't cause us to leave aside the commands of God or the law of the land. Like with Obama, trump, both Bush's, Clinton, etc. And we pray for his salvation and wisdom and blessings, as scripture says we ought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
21 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

Good question. We know Buttigieg is running, openly homosexual. So any true believer ought to use his or her vote to stand against them. 

Should the tragic occur and he wins, then we obey the government as we ought, in all areas where it doesn't cause us to leave aside the commands of God or the law of the land. Like with Obama, trump, both Bush's, Clinton, etc. And we pray for his salvation and wisdom and blessings, as scripture says we ought.

Thanks again for replying, others cannot or will not reply, maybe because they don't think this could happen here. But if we cannot support a gay Pastor, how can we support a gay president.  I don't want to put you on a spot, or we can just think about it. All sins, are sins in the bible, but homosexual sins are treated by God differently, and with anger and destruction?

Edited by E Morales
Grammar, Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
55 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Thanks again for replying, others cannot or will not reply, maybe because they don't think this could happen here. But if we cannot support a gay Pastor, how can we support a gay president.  I don't want to put you on a spot, or we can just think about it. All sins, are sins in the bible, but homosexual sins are treated by God differently, and with anger and destruction?

Simple: In a President, we don't support the man, so much as the office. We also trust that, if God ordains the powers that be, then He ordained that gay man to be president, and we trust He has a reason for it. The rules here don't change-remember, those rules were set in scripture when the Caesars were ruling, and they were horrible, wicked men who considered themselves gods; so then the Lord had Paul write to respect those wicked men-how much different is that from today? God ordains the powers. It is kind of like supporting Israel: We don't support all they do and believe, because they are still basically a secular nation, and are still antagonistic to Christ; rather, we support them because the Word tells us to, and in doing so, we are obeying God.

As well, there is not a list of qualifications for a temporal leader, the way there is for a pastor, in scripture; that is why we can rightly take a stand against a man who is an open, wicked sinner of that sort. We still take a stand against a homosexual becoming President by voting against him-it is our vote that we will need be concerned to give an account for, not for who wins, in such a case. And if he DOES win, then we don't support his wicked lifestyle, any more than we did Clinton's, but we respect the office and the laws of the land, insofar as it doesn't disagree with scripture.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On 2/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, E Morales said:

America ready for a LGBTQ President ? I say never, but who am I. What I can see, is the blindness all around the States. People with eyes that cannot see, and having ears, but are not able to hear. I believe that our first gay president, could be a candidate that turns against our Jewish partners, and to the State of Jerusalem. Signs of the times.  

The United States has become so consumed with ["rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." Colossians 2:8] and  ["the lust of the flesh" 1 John 2.16] and other lusts, I can see how God might give them the leader that would reflect their hearts. Sorrowfully, we who love Christ and reject the worldliness described in our Bibles, must also live in this nation with God's blessings and His condemnation. So, yes pray for our leaders and hope that we don't waste any more time getting God's Gospel message to our families, friends, neighbors, and acquaintances. 

Edited by 1Timothy115
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • Members
On 2/5/2020 at 7:00 AM, E Morales said:

I enjoyed the president speech last night and good to see that his cabinet is full of Christians, perfect Christians no, but Christians that believe in God. Let’s keep it that way for as long as we can. 🤠

Do you approve of Trump's immorality?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Do you approve of Trump's immorality?

Is the system of politics moral ?  (i.e. no matter what party or who is in?)

On 2/11/2020 at 4:56 PM, 1Timothy115 said:

The United States has become so consumed with ["rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." Colossians 2:8] and  ["the lust of the flesh" 1 John 2.16] and other lusts, I can see how God might give them the leader that would reflect their hearts. Sorrowfully, we who love Christ and reject the worldliness described in our Bibles, must also live in this nation with God's blessings and His condemnation. So, yes pray for our leaders and hope that we don't waste any more time getting God's Gospel message to our families, friends, neighbors, and acquaintances. 

For clarity,  and/or confirming as the Bible Says,  what is a "good soldier" (disciple of Jesus)

supposed to do today concerning all the politics and affairs of society ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
3 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Is the system of politics moral ?  (i.e. no matter what party or who is in?)

For clarity,  and/or confirming as the Bible Says,  what is a "good soldier" (disciple of Jesus)

supposed to do today concerning all the politics and affairs of society ?

 

Just now, Bouncing Bill said:

 

I gently suggest that was no answer to my question. Do you approve of Trump's immorality, his lies?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On 7/11/2020 at 12:13 PM, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Is the system of politics moral ?  (i.e. no matter what party or who is in?)

For clarity,  and/or confirming as the Bible Says,  what is a "good soldier" (disciple of Jesus)

supposed to do today concerning all the politics and affairs of society ?

What does your Bible tell you with regard to this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 3:19 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

 

I gently suggest that was no answer to my question. Do you approve of Trump's immorality, his lies?

No, Christians don't  approve Trumps sins, neither your sins, or mine. Cast the first stone?

Edited by E Morales
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

If a sodomite wins the Presidency were are still to pray for him/her. I believe Nero was in charge of Rome when Paul actually called him a minister of God (Romans 13) and Nero was about as wicked as they come. This doesn't mean we support everything they say.  John the Baptist did point out Herod's sin but remember how it turned out for him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jesus said something about the civil authority not being able to do anything, unless the Father in Heaven had granted him the authority, right ?   And How Many Times God Says in Scripture - do not trust the might or the strength of men, nor expect deliverance thru/from men - not even Kings (or Presidents),

rather God sets rulers in place, and God brings rulers doesn (incl Presidents, as well as Kings and Princes, et al) ...

 

On 7/21/2020 at 9:35 PM, SureWord said:

...John the Baptist did point out Herod's sin but remember how it turned out for him..

How many of the disciples in the first century were executed/martyred?  How many Christians in other countries in the last ten years were martyred?

 

And yes John the Baptist  -  and then,  Jesus pointed out everyone's sins,

and look how it turned out for Him - Savior King Messiah , crucified ! ...

and RAISED BY GOD FROM THE DEAD, never to die again , to give us hope in resurrection from the dead by God's Grace and His Way.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
On 2/2/2020 at 7:19 AM, E Morales said:

Today Christians doesn’t care much about politics. Our founding fathers and all those that ran to be a politician were Christians, here in America. What change? Immorality have changed much here, what was bad, is now called okay. Christians and churches are more self centered. Don’t want to participate, or they say something like God is in control. Are you going to let the liberals, take over and just give up? Or are we going to support  those that support the Christian faith. You decide, for me and my house we will serve, and support the Lord. 
 

Thank you, E Morales

I thought that in the first couple months of 2019, or maybe 2018, or 2017 (I forget),   ln the news broadcasts nationwide antenna tv,  they (politicians or the reporters) pretty much disclosed it was true >> "fake news" was common.  (for every party?) ... which I figured with others also,  that it was basically most of our lives - for decades...  

oh, sorry - I got distracted - it was the news , not "fake news" ,  that I remembered - but the news that the results of the elections were already known before the voting began... (of course God Knows... ) ... and they showed somehow that the number of votes did not matter... it really was (voting was) a distraction to give people a 'feeling' of taking part, a 'feeling' of having a say in the matter... when they never really did...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/30/2020 at 12:38 AM, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

I thought that in the first couple months of 2019, or maybe 2018, or 2017 (I forget),   ln the news broadcasts nationwide antenna tv,  they (politicians or the reporters) pretty much disclosed it was true >> "fake news" was common.  (for every party?) ... which I figured with others also,  that it was basically most of our lives - for decades...  

oh, sorry - I got distracted - it was the news , not "fake news" ,  that I remembered - but the news that the results of the elections were already known before the voting began... (of course God Knows... ) ... and they showed somehow that the number of votes did not matter... it really was (voting was) a distraction to give people a 'feeling' of taking part, a 'feeling' of having a say in the matter... when they never really did...

The bible also says give to Cesar, what is of Cesar, and to the Lord the things of the Lord. We paid taxes, we paid our tithes and offerings. We vote for a new pastor, we vote for our new president. We lead people to the gospel for salvation, we lead the people to vote, to vote for those that will support the faith, and Israel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×
×
  • Create New...