• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Post-Trib Rapture?

• Members
19 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

You have to wonder why the extreme reaction. I have experienced the same reaction, especially online. 

Yes, I get the same. I don't ever reveal positions on subjects like this anymore. I'm usually pretty mainstream and I reject "Reformed" theology as I never did think that the Bible needed to be reformed by man's ideology. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The whole seven years is God’s wrath according to Isaiah 13; therefore the whole Tribulation period is God’s wrath.

Compare Isaiah 13 with Luke 21. Both passages use the same descriptions and wording - which shows that those in Luke 21 that are witnessing the events and are told to look up for their redemption is drawing nigh are actually in the midst of the wrath, not waiting for the rapture to deliver them from coming wrath.

Isaiah 13:9-10 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh,
cruel both with wrath and fierce anger,
to lay the land desolate:
and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light:
the sun shall be darkened in his going forth,
and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Isaiah 13:13 Therefore I will shake the heavens,
and the earth shall remove out of her place,
in the wrath of the LORD of hosts,
and in the day of his fierce anger.

Luke 21:25-28
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

• Members
On 7/4/2023 at 1:31 PM, Joe Chandler said:

FYI John MacArthur is an unapologetic Calvinist, but he is also staunchly pre-mil and pre-trib. He is so pre that he won't east Post Toasties. Covenant theology is pretty flexible and diverse in its eschatology. 

I believe Dallas Theological Seminary began like this but has moved more towards "easy believism".

• 2 months later...
  • Members

All I am waiting to hear is,

Come up hither!

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.