• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

husband murders wife

• Members

At morning services I learned that Sarah Lay who is a member of our church, her brother Bo Bissell's, grand daughter was found murdered in her home early this morning by her husband in Livingston, LA when he came home from work at about 6:00 AM. That is what I knew up till just moments ago.

I might add, Christa Ann Alexander was with child.

I just check the news and there was an update, seems her husband did this to her.

This morning as Linda and I were leaving church I told her, "Linda, I sure hope the husband did not do this," my worse fear seems to have come true.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... v=menu57_2

Livingston, LA is 416 miles from Nashville, AR, here is a map.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll

Please pray for this family, no doubt this whole family is going thru tough times, this young womans father is a minister of music at a Baptist Church down in south LA.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

This is awful news. Please when you guys are talking about this be sensitive to the fact that some of us here in LA and southern MS knew right after it happened as we know the family involved. Please pray for them. Our hearts go out to Pastor B and his family. He is a good man and a great pastor.

Guest Guest

By the way, Christa's father is the PASTOR of the church, it's her brother that is the music minister. Just thought I'd clear that up.

• Members

That's rough. :sad

It says she was gathering clothing...was she planning to leave him? Is there a motive? That stuff really hits home if you know the family. Sorry to hear this.

Guest Guest

Honestly we don't know yet what to believe and we don't want to come to any conclusions until something has been proven. I guess it makes a difference when it's someone you know...we are all so sad about these events.

• Members

I got her father and his brother mixed up. Mrs. W is correct on that. Her fathers brother is a minister of music in a church north of here. I have never met them, just heard them mentioned numerous times.

This morning I talked with her great aunt who is a member of our church, her father and mother were going over to Couty's parents house to try and offer them comfort.

About Suzy's statement, I think that she may have been going to leave him for what ever reason.

But both of these families were both heavily involved in Christians work. I was told that Christa and husband had just recently been on a mission trip.

This article here is about the most informative one that I've found. This page has places for comments at the bottom, several people have made comments that knows both of these families.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/22703509.html

According to this article he is charge with 2nd degree murder for killing his wife and 1st degree murder for killing his baby. This also has a picture of him.

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s= ... =Printable

Perhaps this is a situation one wonders how can a good person do such a bad thing. Thank goodness we serve a God who can works things out for our good according to His own purpose. Situations like this all we can do is trust and obey and let Him take care of it.

No doubt though, its a parents worse nightmare.

• Members

Newly married! How sad! And if it is true she was thinking about leaving him...doesn't sound like they had a good private life.

I know some Christians who got married and they didn't at all marry who they thought they did. Really sad.

• Members

[quote="Kitagrl"]Newly married! How sad! And if it is true she was thinking about leaving him...doesn't sound like they had a good private life.

I know some Christians who got married and they didn't at all marry who they thought they did. Really sad.[/quote]

This morning I was visiting with an elderly member of our church and we were discussing this situation.

I told her, "You know, we never really know anyone, we only know what they portray their self to be, there are people who don't portray to you who they really are, they don't want us to know the real them."

I just fail to understand how a person can murder someone. In the last few years I've know several people who were senseless murdered.

How evil us humans can be.

Perhaps some people never learn how to control their temper. I thank God that I learned how to control mine.

Guest Guest

There are at least three churches full of shocked and devestated people here. Ours is one of them. Please pray for us all.

By the way I notice that some of the news articles are mentioning his church and how many siblings his family had as if that makes a difference (they wouldn't have said where he goes to church if it wasn't a Christian church). The news people are sly like that. We are praying for the church also since they have been mentioned...although it really has nothing to do with them it will now be a smear on them. They are a church full of great people, and we are just so sad for them.

Pray also for Couty...I'm sure he needs it right now.

• Members

Is the full name of the church "fundamental baptist church" or is there a first name to it? I noticed the news liked getting that "fundamental" in there...most people associate it with cults these days.

What a sad, sad, situation.

Guest Guest

I would rather not disclose the name of the church, but "Fundamental" isn't even on their sign I don't think. LOL. They are missionary baptists with very strong convictions etc. Really awesome people.

• Members

I find that sometimes people with the strongest "external" convictions end up doing the most awful things....I've seen it happen in my generation with a few people I've known.

• Members

>

I don't believe for one second its the newspaper picking on churches, clearly the neighbor mentioned they were active members of a Fundamental Baptist Church and the newspaper just quoted the neighbor as they did with them being a quite newly weds.

When we do wrong we can expect it to be brodcast far and wide and that is a good reason for us to be very careful abot what we do, surely we don't want to bring shame of our lord.