Online Baptist

These Foods Do NOT Belong Together

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BALONEY! Please allow me to LEEK a little iinformation for you. The last THYME that I MUSTARD enough energy to KETCHUP on important things in life, it was needful, because I had been working 12-1

My wife, upon hearing all this, said, "Hast thou considered that thou mayest just be a picky old man?"

NO NO NO -- when things need to be done, the energy is to be MUSTARD that no KETCHUP be required..

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Pickles and koolaid do not belong together.

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Yep. Southern food can get a bit ...inventive.  They are known as "koolickles" 

I live in Georgia, and I've never heard of this abomination! Surely this is the work of Satan and his minions...

On 1/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, HappyChristian said:

.....and bread (sorry, we didn't have any buns hehe).....

This was a national debate over here not so long ago. Bread or roll.......

For the record, I prefer a snag angled from corner to corner of a square piece of bread, topped with fried onion, and drizzled in tomato sauce, then fold the bread around it all.

But if I get given a bun, I am gracious enough to consume it without grumbling.

And I am serious about it being a national debate - news stories, stations taking votes of their viewers/listeners, even the politicians getting involved.

But everyone knew it was just for fun.

Mostly.

Sorta.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🙄🤨😜

45 minutes ago, DaveW said:

Mmmmmmmmmm………...

Vegemite.Image result for vegemite

If anyone here in the US has never tried Vegemite, I would like to encourage you to do so. Just as advertised above about "vitality"...one bite, and you'll be revitalized for sure!

Think of it as peanut butter with a punch! 😀

• Moderators

Ketchup: on meat? depends on the quality and the kind. Burgers, yes, with mustard, maybe bleu cheese. Steak? Maybe, if tough. Eggs? Never. Tacos? Never. 

Pineapple on pizza? Sure, why not? I like it okay, but prefer pepperoni, spicy, preferably.

Mayo? Only on a BLT or Club sandwich, or in a tuna sandwich, with some mustard. Nowhere else.

Turkey and cranberry? Never thought I'd like it til I tried it, and I liked it. Oh, mayo on that, too.

Onions? Peel, cut, chop, throw in garbage. It is a little known fact that onions are grown directly in Satan's armpits.

Cheese and apple? Love it! Cheese and peanut butter? Love it, (crunchy only, please) Peanut butter and apple? Love it. Of course, I love good cheese all the time, of all kinds.  

7 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

If anyone here in the US has never tried Vegemite, I would like to encourage you to do so. Just as advertised above about "vitality"...one bite, and you'll be revitalized for sure!

Think of it as peanut butter with a punch! 😀

Tried it once in Australia-reminded me of salty bicycle grease. Never tried salty bicycle grease, but my guess is it would taste like vegemite.

20 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Think of it as peanut butter with a punch!

Nothing like Peanut Butter..... Vegemite is Yummo….

But cheese and Vegemite shouldn't be together......

The heresy never ends here...let's set things aright.

A slice of red, white, or yellow onion dabbed into a small bit of salt. Mmmmmmm...  

Wonderful as a side dish with beef and beans (or greens).

...and don't get me started on those heathen Vidalia onions...

• Lady Administrators
6 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

The heresy never ends here...let's set things aright.

A slice of red, white, or yellow onion dabbed into a small bit of salt. Mmmmmmm...  

Marinated in vinegar makes it even Mmmmmmm - ier! 😀

Onion can be fresh on a burger, just so long as it is only a little, but the only real way to eat onion is fried on the BBQ.

Or deep fried in batter - onion rings...… mmmmm-mmmm-mmmm-mmmmmmmmmm

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators
On 1/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, PastorMatt said:

Why do people put these foods together?

• Pineapple and Pizza
  • Chocolate and Pretzels
  • Popcorn and m&m's
  • Turkey and Cranberry Sauce
  • Cheese and Honey
  • Apple and Cheese
  • Ketchup and Eggs

I'm sure there are more, that is all I can put together for right now.

The last, Ketchup and eggs, no. Bleah! The rest? Cheese and honey seems weird, but not opposed, apple and cheese I love, Pineapple and pizza, with Canadian bacon, regular bacon, even pepperoni, yes, love it. Turkey and cranberry sauce, sure. The other two, eh, not a fan, but I would eat them if given them.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:22 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

I don't even have ketchup in the house. To me the taste of each individual food is so good that I would never slather ketchup all over it. All it does is cover up the flavor, not enhance it in any way.

Hot Sauce, some put it on everything. I have a sister that even carries it in her purse so she won't miss a meal without it.

Spicy hot doesn't go in my mouth at any time.

Hot about what is called Steak Sauce? I hate it. Why would I ruin a wonderful steak by pouring vile tasting steak sauce all over it?

Really? not ketchup or steak sauce, but you say you put hot sauce on everything? Like, that doesn't cover the flavor? Come on, Man? Are you on drugs? (In Biden's voice). I love ketchup on beef! 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:41 PM, DaveW said:

Nothing like Peanut Butter..... Vegemite is Yummo….

But cheese and Vegemite shouldn't be together......

Tried it once-definitely an acquired taste. I liken it to salty axle grease.

• Members
On 1/23/2020 at 1:49 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Back to the topic...

These foods do not belong together...

Vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup

...so if anyone needs to get rid of them, send them to me, and I'll take care of them for you. 😀

This man speaks the truth.  In fact, I offer my assistance in helping you purge the earth of these evils!

I promise that these will be eat...- er, disposed of - wherever I may find them!

• Members
On 1/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, HappyChristian said:

I even like pickle sandwiches, but only with mayonnaise.  🤣

I can’t say I’d like pickles with mayonnaise, but I do like pickles, in general.

I really like the baby gherkins, if I’m going to eat a pickle by itself.  On a burger, I like dills.  But, I like bread and butter pickles, too.

• Moderators

Okay, here's one: Peanut butter and cheese. I used to put peanut butter on bready, put a slice of cheese on it, Cheddar, then microwave it about 30 seconds and eat it. I loved it! Don't know about now but I did then.

When my wife was pregnant with our first, she used to eat beef jerky with sour cream and caviar. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I helped out at the local elementary school as a Recess Aide between my bus routes and would have fun grossing the kids out combining different foods and drinks at lunch time. One that really turned their stomachs was when I dunked my Cheetos into my sweet tea. 

Edited by SureWord