• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

These Foods Do NOT Belong Together

6 hours ago, DaveW said:

Here is a biggie: a burger is not a complete burger without a few slices of beetroot in the rest of the salad.

HERESY!

My dad...being the good parent that he was...made me eat beets once. Before I did, I asked him to please not make me eat them; I'll throw up if I do. Of course, he thought I was just trying to get out of eating them, so he made me go ahead and eat them.

I'll spare the details, but he never made me eat them again. 

...and I haven't eaten another bite of them since. 

By the way...ketchup is the chief gourmet condiment of the United States.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:51 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Alright all you ketchup haters...ketchup antagonists...ketchup dismissifiers!

What'cha you gonna do when you need to...

Ketchup on your family time?

Ketchup on your homework?

Ketchup on your bible reading?

Ketchup on your to-do list?

Ketchup on your sleep?

See...you can't deny it. Ketchup goes with everything! 

NO NO NO -- when things need to be done, the energy is to be MUSTARD that no KETCHUP be required..

On 1/19/2020 at 3:25 PM, OLD fashioned preacher said:

NO NO NO -- when things need to be done, the energy is to be MUSTARD that no KETCHUP be required..

BALONEY!

Please allow me to LEEK a little iinformation for you. The last THYME that I MUSTARD enough energy to KETCHUP on important things in life, it was needful, because I had been working 12-16 hours a day...7 days a week...for several years.

I had to STEW over my predicament for quite some time afterward. I was tired, and my countenance was PASTE-like. 

LETTUCE move beyond this. Perhaps we can learn to SQUASH our differences, and STEAK a claim; in that, to KETCHUP or not to KETCHUP...there is no question. We all must KETCHUP on some things at some point.

Posted with love, respect, and admiration to my brothers and sisters of Online Baptist. If I could give you each a FLOUR, I would.

Respectfully,

NN

On 1/19/2020 at 9:02 AM, DaveW said:

Well, let's face it they couldn't taste any worse, so go ahead and add salt.

Of course you cannot have a Hawiian Pizza without pineapple, but a good "works pizza" should also have pineapple.

I have no idea what this "ketchup" is that you speak of, but tomato sauce is also made of tomatoes, and whilst I would not have it on most eggs, scrambled can handle it.

And you can add any number of different things to steak, but steak sauce or tomato sauce are definitely NOT acceptable.

Here is a biggie: a burger is not a complete burger without a few slices of beetroot in the rest of the salad.

Ketchup is a tomato sauce.  Although you can get mushroom ketchup. I Thought it was Indian origin but it seems it comes from china, according to rge following article  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup  It says the market leader in the UK and US is Heinz.  

I did see a couple of varieties of tomato seeds, which were bred by Heinz ,in a catalogue a few weeks ago.  

Edited by Invicta

I enjoyed a hot dog with ketchup and mustard today. It's been a while! I can only eat Hebrew National (all others upset my stomach). As I was putting on the ketchup I thought of all of you anti-ketchupers. It was tasty to the last bite. 😜

(this is for you, No Ni)  PEAS be unto all of you. 😃

6 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

I enjoyed a hot dog with ketchup and mustard today. It's been a while! I can only eat Hebrew National (all others upset my stomach). As I was putting on the ketchup I thought of all of you anti-ketchupers. It was tasty to the last bite. 😜

(this is for you, No Ni)  PEAS be unto all of you. 😃

Hebrew National for the win! There are no better!

Thank you HC!

It's nice to have someone BUTTER me up instead of trying to EGG me into a sustenance battle. I RELISH that, so thank you! 😂

A bun with ketchup on it tastes exactly like a bun with a hot dog with ketchup on it. It also costs less.  😀

Now, a hot dog with ketchup and mustard on it tastes just like ketchup and mustard. They are very effective at covering up the taste of a hot dog or anything else they cover. this is why I dislike steak sauce on steak.

I guess it just comes down to my personal likes and dislikes. I figure if I want to taste tomato I'll just eat a tomato. I don't want my hot dog to taste like tomato.

Am I a bit strange or over the top? Yep I am.

Not a Hebrew National, Jim. They blend with the ketchup, mustard, and bread (sorry, we didn't have any buns hehe) to make one GOOOOOD dog! 😂

2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

It's nice to have someone BUTTER me up instead of trying to EGG me into a sustenance battle. I RELISH that, so thank you! 😂

I'm so glad it didn't put you into a PICKLE. Wouldn't want any bitterness SPROUTing, right?

As ESCAROLE through this thread, it still makes me laugh. It is THYME for me to go to church now, so ICEE ya'll later.

7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Pickles and koolaid do not belong together.

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Yep. Southern food can get a bit ...inventive.  They are known as "koolickles" 

I live in Georgia, and I've never heard of this abomination! Surely this is the work of Satan and his minions...

On 1/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, HappyChristian said:

.....and bread (sorry, we didn't have any buns hehe).....

This was a national debate over here not so long ago. Bread or roll.......

For the record, I prefer a snag angled from corner to corner of a square piece of bread, topped with fried onion, and drizzled in tomato sauce, then fold the bread around it all.

But if I get given a bun, I am gracious enough to consume it without grumbling.

And I am serious about it being a national debate - news stories, stations taking votes of their viewers/listeners, even the politicians getting involved.

But everyone knew it was just for fun.

Mostly.

Sorta.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🙄🤨😜

45 minutes ago, DaveW said:

Mmmmmmmmmm………...

Vegemite.Image result for vegemite

If anyone here in the US has never tried Vegemite, I would like to encourage you to do so. Just as advertised above about "vitality"...one bite, and you'll be revitalized for sure!

Think of it as peanut butter with a punch! 😀

Ketchup: on meat? depends on the quality and the kind. Burgers, yes, with mustard, maybe bleu cheese. Steak? Maybe, if tough. Eggs? Never. Tacos? Never. 

Pineapple on pizza? Sure, why not? I like it okay, but prefer pepperoni, spicy, preferably.

Mayo? Only on a BLT or Club sandwich, or in a tuna sandwich, with some mustard. Nowhere else.

Turkey and cranberry? Never thought I'd like it til I tried it, and I liked it. Oh, mayo on that, too.

Onions? Peel, cut, chop, throw in garbage. It is a little known fact that onions are grown directly in Satan's armpits.

Cheese and apple? Love it! Cheese and peanut butter? Love it, (crunchy only, please) Peanut butter and apple? Love it. Of course, I love good cheese all the time, of all kinds.  

7 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

If anyone here in the US has never tried Vegemite, I would like to encourage you to do so. Just as advertised above about "vitality"...one bite, and you'll be revitalized for sure!

Think of it as peanut butter with a punch! 😀

Tried it once in Australia-reminded me of salty bicycle grease. Never tried salty bicycle grease, but my guess is it would taste like vegemite.