• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

These Foods Do NOT Belong Together

• Moderators
On 1/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, PastorMatt said:

Why do people put these foods together?

• Pineapple and Pizza
  • Chocolate and Pretzels
  • Popcorn and m&m's
  • Turkey and Cranberry Sauce
  • Cheese and Honey
  • Apple and Cheese
  • Ketchup and Eggs

I'm sure there are more, that is all I can put together for right now.

The last, Ketchup and eggs, no. Bleah! The rest? Cheese and honey seems weird, but not opposed, apple and cheese I love, Pineapple and pizza, with Canadian bacon, regular bacon, even pepperoni, yes, love it. Turkey and cranberry sauce, sure. The other two, eh, not a fan, but I would eat them if given them.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:22 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

I don't even have ketchup in the house. To me the taste of each individual food is so good that I would never slather ketchup all over it. All it does is cover up the flavor, not enhance it in any way.

Hot Sauce, some put it on everything. I have a sister that even carries it in her purse so she won't miss a meal without it.

Spicy hot doesn't go in my mouth at any time.

Hot about what is called Steak Sauce? I hate it. Why would I ruin a wonderful steak by pouring vile tasting steak sauce all over it?

Really? not ketchup or steak sauce, but you say you put hot sauce on everything? Like, that doesn't cover the flavor? Come on, Man? Are you on drugs? (In Biden's voice). I love ketchup on beef! 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:41 PM, DaveW said:

Nothing like Peanut Butter..... Vegemite is Yummo….

But cheese and Vegemite shouldn't be together......

Tried it once-definitely an acquired taste. I liken it to salty axle grease.

• Members
On 1/23/2020 at 1:49 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Back to the topic...

These foods do not belong together...

Vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup

...so if anyone needs to get rid of them, send them to me, and I'll take care of them for you. ?

This man speaks the truth.  In fact, I offer my assistance in helping you purge the earth of these evils!

I promise that these will be eat...- er, disposed of - wherever I may find them!

• Members
On 1/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, HappyChristian said:

I even like pickle sandwiches, but only with mayonnaise.  ?

I can’t say I’d like pickles with mayonnaise, but I do like pickles, in general.

I really like the baby gherkins, if I’m going to eat a pickle by itself.  On a burger, I like dills.  But, I like bread and butter pickles, too.

• Moderators

Okay, here's one: Peanut butter and cheese. I used to put peanut butter on bready, put a slice of cheese on it, Cheddar, then microwave it about 30 seconds and eat it. I loved it! Don't know about now but I did then.

When my wife was pregnant with our first, she used to eat beef jerky with sour cream and caviar. 

• Members

I helped out at the local elementary school as a Recess Aide between my bus routes and would have fun grossing the kids out combining different foods and drinks at lunch time. One that really turned their stomachs was when I dunked my Cheetos into my sweet tea. 

Edited by SureWord

• Members

You have not lived until you have melted cheddar cheese on a hot apple pie!

I have one bottle of Ketchup in my house for one reason only, when I want to make a meat loaf.  Ketchup belongs on nothing else, ever, and certainly not a hot dog which should only have mustard and sauerkraut. 

And for the Cheetos fan, you simply must try dipping Flaming Hot Cheetos in cream cheese!  WOW!

This is probably just an Pacific Northwest Oregon thing, but you simply must try chocolate covered bacon.