• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

These Foods Do NOT Belong Together

• Administrators

I enjoyed a hot dog with ketchup and mustard today. It's been a while! I can only eat Hebrew National (all others upset my stomach). As I was putting on the ketchup I thought of all of you anti-ketchupers. It was tasty to the last bite. ?

(this is for you, No Ni)  PEAS be unto all of you. ?

• Members
6 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

I enjoyed a hot dog with ketchup and mustard today. It's been a while! I can only eat Hebrew National (all others upset my stomach). As I was putting on the ketchup I thought of all of you anti-ketchupers. It was tasty to the last bite. ?

(this is for you, No Ni)  PEAS be unto all of you. ?

Hebrew National for the win! There are no better!

Thank you HC!

It's nice to have someone BUTTER me up instead of trying to EGG me into a sustenance battle. I RELISH that, so thank you! ?

• Administrators

A bun with ketchup on it tastes exactly like a bun with a hot dog with ketchup on it. It also costs less.  ?

Now, a hot dog with ketchup and mustard on it tastes just like ketchup and mustard. They are very effective at covering up the taste of a hot dog or anything else they cover. this is why I dislike steak sauce on steak.

I guess it just comes down to my personal likes and dislikes. I figure if I want to taste tomato I'll just eat a tomato. I don't want my hot dog to taste like tomato.

Am I a bit strange or over the top? Yep I am.

• Administrators

Not a Hebrew National, Jim. They blend with the ketchup, mustard, and bread (sorry, we didn't have any buns hehe) to make one GOOOOOD dog! ?

2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

It's nice to have someone BUTTER me up instead of trying to EGG me into a sustenance battle. I RELISH that, so thank you! ?

I'm so glad it didn't put you into a PICKLE. Wouldn't want any bitterness SPROUTing, right?

As ESCAROLE through this thread, it still makes me laugh. It is THYME for me to go to church now, so ICEE ya'll later.

• Members
7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Pickles and koolaid do not belong together.

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Yep. Southern food can get a bit ...inventive.  They are known as "koolickles" 

I live in Georgia, and I've never heard of this abomination! Surely this is the work of Satan and his minions...

• Members
On 1/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, HappyChristian said:

.....and bread (sorry, we didn't have any buns hehe).....

This was a national debate over here not so long ago. Bread or roll.......

For the record, I prefer a snag angled from corner to corner of a square piece of bread, topped with fried onion, and drizzled in tomato sauce, then fold the bread around it all.

But if I get given a bun, I am gracious enough to consume it without grumbling.

And I am serious about it being a national debate - news stories, stations taking votes of their viewers/listeners, even the politicians getting involved.

But everyone knew it was just for fun.

Mostly.

Sorta.

?????????