• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

These Foods Do NOT Belong Together

• Administrators

Why do people put these foods together?

• Pineapple and Pizza
  • Chocolate and Pretzels
  • Popcorn and m&m's
  • Turkey and Cranberry Sauce
  • Cheese and Honey
  • Apple and Cheese
  • Ketchup and Eggs

I'm sure there are more, that is all I can put together for right now.

• Administrators

I don't even have ketchup in the house. To me the taste of each individual food is so good that I would never slather ketchup all over it. All it does is cover up the flavor, not enhance it in any way.

Hot Sauce, some put it on everything. I have a sister that even carries it in her purse so she won't miss a meal without it.

Spicy hot doesn't go in my mouth at any time.

Hot about what is called Steak Sauce? I hate it. Why would I ruin a wonderful steak by pouring vile tasting steak sauce all over it?

• Administrators

Well.....?

Some I agree with, some not.  Totally agree that pineapple does not belong with pizza. However, chocolate/pretzels and popcorn/m and ms are pretty good, IMO. I like salty/sweet. Especially if there's chocolate. =D   And turkey/cranberry sauce (as long as it's the canned jelly hehehe) is delicious!  The only cheese I like with my apple is mozarella. I don't think honey and cheese go together, and ketchup on eggs is gross!

I do, however, like ketchup on some things. Like a hamburger. Ketchup, mustard, mayo. Yum! And steak sauce is good, too.  I even like pickle sandwiches, but only with mayonnaise.  ?

• Administrators

Oh yeah, you reminded me HC, Pickles are gross. Especially dislike them on any sandwich. Order a burger and you almost have to fight them to not put pickles on it. To me pickles on a burger contaminates the whole sandwich. Some say, "just take them off". Nope, once the pickle has hit the burger bun the taste of pickle never goes away. Might as well have a pickle sandwich!    ?

• Members

That's IT!!! 

I'm done here!

God's holy infallible word says that by their fruit, you shall know them (paraphrased because I'm really really really really really really really really really really really upset).

Lest ye know, the tomato is a fruit.

Lest ye know, ketchup is derived from the tomato.

I thought that I was among friends here; however, now the cat is out of the bag...it's carved in stone...it's recorded on Google... ?  ?

I may be wrong, but I'm  pretty suspicious that the manna that the Israelites ate in the wilderness was scrambled eggs with ketchup on it. 

Anyone who is against scrambled eggs with ketchup is surely a heretic!!!  ?  ?

Hey...I'm just speaking the truth whether you like it or not!  ?

• Members
6 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I like breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, bacon, and diced tomatoes. I do have to say though, that ketchup, although derived from said tomatoes, belongs on fries and hamburgers, not eggs. ?  

HERESY!

Next you'll be saying that you don't put ketchup on your hotdogs!

• Moderators

Mustard? YES - yellow, not brown. Mayo? NO. Ketchup? DOUBLE NO!! And whose depraved mind decided to put whipped cream on top of a milkshake???? Scapping it off still leaves a contaminated shake. I also despise letting my ice cream get soft.