Online Baptist

These Foods Do NOT Belong Together

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BALONEY! Please allow me to LEEK a little iinformation for you. The last THYME that I MUSTARD enough energy to KETCHUP on important things in life, it was needful, because I had been working 12-1

My wife, upon hearing all this, said, "Hast thou considered that thou mayest just be a picky old man?"

NO NO NO -- when things need to be done, the energy is to be MUSTARD that no KETCHUP be required..

• Administrators

I don't even have ketchup in the house. To me the taste of each individual food is so good that I would never slather ketchup all over it. All it does is cover up the flavor, not enhance it in any way.

Hot Sauce, some put it on everything. I have a sister that even carries it in her purse so she won't miss a meal without it.

Spicy hot doesn't go in my mouth at any time.

Hot about what is called Steak Sauce? I hate it. Why would I ruin a wonderful steak by pouring vile tasting steak sauce all over it?

• Lady Administrators

Well.....😉

Some I agree with, some not.  Totally agree that pineapple does not belong with pizza. However, chocolate/pretzels and popcorn/m and ms are pretty good, IMO. I like salty/sweet. Especially if there's chocolate. =D   And turkey/cranberry sauce (as long as it's the canned jelly hehehe) is delicious!  The only cheese I like with my apple is mozarella. I don't think honey and cheese go together, and ketchup on eggs is gross!

I do, however, like ketchup on some things. Like a hamburger. Ketchup, mustard, mayo. Yum! And steak sauce is good, too.  I even like pickle sandwiches, but only with mayonnaise.  🤣

• Administrators

Oh yeah, you reminded me HC, Pickles are gross. Especially dislike them on any sandwich. Order a burger and you almost have to fight them to not put pickles on it. To me pickles on a burger contaminates the whole sandwich. Some say, "just take them off". Nope, once the pickle has hit the burger bun the taste of pickle never goes away. Might as well have a pickle sandwich!    🤢

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

That's IT!!! 

I'm done here!

God's holy infallible word says that by their fruit, you shall know them (paraphrased because I'm really really really really really really really really really really really upset).

Lest ye know, the tomato is a fruit.

Lest ye know, ketchup is derived from the tomato.

I thought that I was among friends here; however, now the cat is out of the bag...it's carved in stone...it's recorded on Google... 😲  😡

I may be wrong, but I'm  pretty suspicious that the manna that the Israelites ate in the wilderness was scrambled eggs with ketchup on it. 

Anyone who is against scrambled eggs with ketchup is surely a heretic!!!  🤣  😋

Hey...I'm just speaking the truth whether you like it or not!  🙃

6 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I like breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, bacon, and diced tomatoes. I do have to say though, that ketchup, although derived from said tomatoes, belongs on fries and hamburgers, not eggs. 🤭  

HERESY!

Next you'll be saying that you don't put ketchup on your hotdogs!

• Moderators

Mustard? YES - yellow, not brown. Mayo? NO. Ketchup? DOUBLE NO!! And whose depraved mind decided to put whipped cream on top of a milkshake???? Scapping it off still leaves a contaminated shake. I also despise letting my ice cream get soft.

Alright all you ketchup haters...ketchup antagonists...ketchup dismissifiers!

What'cha you gonna do when you need to...

Ketchup on your family time?

Ketchup on your homework?

Ketchup on your bible reading?

Ketchup on your to-do list?

Ketchup on your sleep?

See...you can't deny it. Ketchup goes with everything! 

Sigh!!!! I am not sure if I should mention that snails taste better with a little salt or not.

It may be that some of the folks here like their snails with salt and some without salt. So, I will forbear and let all of you eat your snails anyway you like and not try and persuade you otherwise.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Sigh!!!! I am not sure if I should mention that snails taste better with a little salt or not.

It may be that some of the folks here like their snails with salt and some without salt. So, I will forbear and let all of you eat your snails anyway you like and not try and persuade you otherwise.

In France they seem to have snails with garlic and parsley butter, in fact they sell it as butter for snails.  I once had a Cretan cook book and they had a number of recipes for snails, one of which was "Holy Thursday Snails.".

Pineapple on pizza usually goes on top of ham and we call it Hawaiin pizza.  It used to be quite popular but I don't think it is so much now.

I like Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce and chopped chives on Scrabled egg. (We don't have any L&P as my daughter bought us Hendersons Yorkshire sauce as that is vegetarian, but I don't think it has much flavour.)

Olive oil and chopped oregano on pizza.

Edited by Invicta
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Alan said:

Snails and pins go together, you can't have one without the other. I learned this as a child.

• Lady Administrators
11 hours ago, Alan said:

I'll take my salt without snails, thanks. 🤣

On 1/17/2020 at 3:27 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Oh yeah, you reminded me HC, Pickles are gross. Especially dislike them on any sandwich. Order a burger and you almost have to fight them to not put pickles on it. To me pickles on a burger contaminates the whole sandwich. Some say, "just take them off". Nope, once the pickle has hit the burger bun the taste of pickle never goes away. Might as well have a pickle sandwich!    🤢

No, pickles GGGOOOOOODDD! 😜

I like breakfast burritos, but with salsa, not chopped tomatoes. There is a difference, and for some reason I can handle the salsa better than straight tomatoes.

I do love ketchup on hot dogs! When I was expecting our son, I was very sick - nearly died from not being able to hold anything down. After months of it, when I was finally able to start eating again, one of the first meats I ate was a hot dog. I had to smother it with ketchup in order to eat it, though.

While I do not like ketchup on my eggs, I DO like the combination of chopped steak covered with steak sauce, and scrambled eggs. I like L & P in soup (that's actually what we had for supper tonight).

13 hours ago, Alan said:

Well, let's face it they couldn't taste any worse, so go ahead and add salt.

Of course you cannot have a Hawiian Pizza without pineapple, but a good "works pizza" should also have pineapple.

I have no idea what this "ketchup" is that you speak of, but tomato sauce is also made of tomatoes, and whilst I would not have it on most eggs, scrambled can handle it.

And you can add any number of different things to steak, but steak sauce or tomato sauce are definitely NOT acceptable.

Here is a biggie: a burger is not a complete burger without a few slices of beetroot in the rest of the salad.

6 hours ago, DaveW said:

Here is a biggie: a burger is not a complete burger without a few slices of beetroot in the rest of the salad.

HERESY!

My dad...being the good parent that he was...made me eat beets once. Before I did, I asked him to please not make me eat them; I'll throw up if I do. Of course, he thought I was just trying to get out of eating them, so he made me go ahead and eat them.

I'll spare the details, but he never made me eat them again. 

...and I haven't eaten another bite of them since. 

By the way...ketchup is the chief gourmet condiment of the United States.

• Moderators
On 1/18/2020 at 9:51 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Alright all you ketchup haters...ketchup antagonists...ketchup dismissifiers!

What'cha you gonna do when you need to...

Ketchup on your family time?

Ketchup on your homework?

Ketchup on your bible reading?

Ketchup on your to-do list?

Ketchup on your sleep?

See...you can't deny it. Ketchup goes with everything! 

NO NO NO -- when things need to be done, the energy is to be MUSTARD that no KETCHUP be required..

On 1/19/2020 at 3:25 PM, OLD fashioned preacher said:

BALONEY!

Please allow me to LEEK a little iinformation for you. The last THYME that I MUSTARD enough energy to KETCHUP on important things in life, it was needful, because I had been working 12-16 hours a day...7 days a week...for several years.

I had to STEW over my predicament for quite some time afterward. I was tired, and my countenance was PASTE-like. 

LETTUCE move beyond this. Perhaps we can learn to SQUASH our differences, and STEAK a claim; in that, to KETCHUP or not to KETCHUP...there is no question. We all must KETCHUP on some things at some point.

Posted with love, respect, and admiration to my brothers and sisters of Online Baptist. If I could give you each a FLOUR, I would.

Respectfully,

NN

• Advanced Member
On 1/19/2020 at 9:02 AM, DaveW said:

Well, let's face it they couldn't taste any worse, so go ahead and add salt.

Of course you cannot have a Hawiian Pizza without pineapple, but a good "works pizza" should also have pineapple.

I have no idea what this "ketchup" is that you speak of, but tomato sauce is also made of tomatoes, and whilst I would not have it on most eggs, scrambled can handle it.

And you can add any number of different things to steak, but steak sauce or tomato sauce are definitely NOT acceptable.

Ketchup is a tomato sauce.  Although you can get mushroom ketchup. I Thought it was Indian origin but it seems it comes from china, according to rge following article  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup  It says the market leader in the UK and US is Heinz.  

I did see a couple of varieties of tomato seeds, which were bred by Heinz ,in a catalogue a few weeks ago.  

Edited by Invicta
  • Lady Administrators

I enjoyed a hot dog with ketchup and mustard today. It's been a while! I can only eat Hebrew National (all others upset my stomach). As I was putting on the ketchup I thought of all of you anti-ketchupers. It was tasty to the last bite. 😜

(this is for you, No Ni)  PEAS be unto all of you. 😃

6 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

I enjoyed a hot dog with ketchup and mustard today. It's been a while! I can only eat Hebrew National (all others upset my stomach). As I was putting on the ketchup I thought of all of you anti-ketchupers. It was tasty to the last bite. 😜

(this is for you, No Ni)  PEAS be unto all of you. 😃

Hebrew National for the win! There are no better!

Thank you HC!

It's nice to have someone BUTTER me up instead of trying to EGG me into a sustenance battle. I RELISH that, so thank you! 😂

• Administrators

A bun with ketchup on it tastes exactly like a bun with a hot dog with ketchup on it. It also costs less.  😀

Now, a hot dog with ketchup and mustard on it tastes just like ketchup and mustard. They are very effective at covering up the taste of a hot dog or anything else they cover. this is why I dislike steak sauce on steak.

I guess it just comes down to my personal likes and dislikes. I figure if I want to taste tomato I'll just eat a tomato. I don't want my hot dog to taste like tomato.

Am I a bit strange or over the top? Yep I am.

• Lady Administrators

Not a Hebrew National, Jim. They blend with the ketchup, mustard, and bread (sorry, we didn't have any buns hehe) to make one GOOOOOD dog! 😂

2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

It's nice to have someone BUTTER me up instead of trying to EGG me into a sustenance battle. I RELISH that, so thank you! 😂

I'm so glad it didn't put you into a PICKLE. Wouldn't want any bitterness SPROUTing, right?

As ESCAROLE through this thread, it still makes me laugh. It is THYME for me to go to church now, so ICEE ya'll later.