• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ethiopia

• Members

Our Pastor is going to Ethiopia on Wednesday to support an Ethiopian friend Pastor xxxxx  who has a church about 100 km (abt 63 miles) from Addis Ababa.  Pastor xxxxx has had at least two attempts on his life and been threatened many times.  We are praying for the Gospel that our pastor will preach and for the safety of both pastors.

Pastor is also going to the midlands here on Monday, to preach at a funeral of his former boss who was not a believer.  He accepted as long as the family knew that he would preach a message from the bible.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
20 hours ago, Alan said:

Keep us posted.

Thank you Alan.  Pastor said this should not be widely posted as there is a lot of muslim activity in the area, so I have edited out the pastors name.  The visit is for 10 days

Our pastor preached in Romania a few months ago and often visits Sri Lanka and India.  This year he is hoping to go to Nepal to support a church there.

The funeral tomorrow is in Northampton.  The family asked pastor to take the service "Because we know you are a reigious man."

Edited by Invicta

• Members
On 1/5/2020 at 3:35 AM, Alan said:

Keep us posted.

We have only had one fairly brief update and that was on Wednesday

"Pastor has arrived safely at his destination and had a good meeting with the church there"

Edited by Invicta

• Administrators

This is not posted to pick on Invicta. But it is posted because I, personally, have a problem with people using the word Pastor as a personal name. I mean this as Invicta posted it and it is expressed this way by many many people. He said "Pastor has arrived safely". Notice he does not say "our pastor, or my pastor" it is just expressed as "Pastor". I guess my bias comes about because I consider "Pastor" as a title, not a name.

No great theological issue, just a peculiarity of mine.

• Members
23 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

This is not posted to pick on Invicta. But it is posted because I, personally, have a problem with people using the word Pastor as a personal name. I mean this as Invicta posted it and it is expressed this way by many many people. He said "Pastor has arrived safely". Notice he does not say "our pastor, or my pastor" it is just expressed as "Pastor". I guess my bias comes about because I consider "Pastor" as a title, not a name.

No great theological issue, just a peculiarity of mine.

I take your point, Jim.  We always refer to him as pastor. I quoted cut and pasted that from a WhatsApp message that was sent to our church members. I asked  our pastor's wife, this evening, how he was getting on?  She sad he is exhausted with a heavy preaching schedule. He preached five times yesterday and four times today.  

Edited by Invicta