• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Mary Holy?

• Members

Luke 1:26-31 “And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.” Then the Bible goes on to call Jesus the Holy One, Son of God. If you don’t mind, could you explain to me what God meant that she was blessed and highly favored? I always thought if something was blessed it was holy and in this case Mary was blessed, so would that make her holy or not?

Sidenote: I’m being genuine, not sarcastic or debatable, just looking for answers, so please don’t take my words in the wrong way. Thank you for responding!

• Members
3 minutes ago, E Morales said:

The question should be, Mary the mother of Jesus or God, was she a sinner?  Yes she was, just like all of us, she had all the sins we received through Adam. Later in life, she became a Saint, just like all of us who believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Holy is only God, and His Words,  for we all fall short to His Glory.

So being holy means to be without sin?

• Members
8 minutes ago, E Morales said:

By doing this you will not be just my friend, but you will become my brother in Christ. God bless you this day.

I have always accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior but have recently been led astray which is why I’m here. Thank you for your guidance! 
@Salyan

Would you also still answer my follow up questions, I would greatly appreciate it. It would benefit me knowing the difference between being blessed and being holy. If being holy means to be without sin, then what would it mean to be blessed?