• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Merry Christmas to all.

DaveW

• Administrators

Thanks BroMatt. They are pretty close to me for such a large state. Redding in about eighty miles south of me, I am closest to a small town called Yreka. Although I am actually forty miles from Yreka, that is the closest place with any kind of commercial services. Shasta Baptist Church is the church that authorized our church originally. We are only twenty miles from the Oregon border.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

PastorMatt and Jim...we were members of Shasta Baptist Church in the late '80's.  We drove over 80 miles one way to faithfully attend through the heat of summer and the snow and freezing cold of winter.  If I remember rightly, the church had been established only two years prior to our joining them.  Pastor J baptized a couple of our kiddos before they even had their own building.  He also used to call us, "The people that live on the mountain".  We still have good friends that attend there.