Online Baptist

Could Barack Obama be the Antichrist?

• Tools for the Ministry
Right...some is figurative' date=' some is literal...you compare scripture with scripture to figure out which is which. Jerry is right in how he is interpreting it because he is looking at the entire Bible to explain Revelation.[/quote']

:hmm And I am not?
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

The Antichrist can't come into your heart and defile it (nor can he defile the whole "church") - however, he can defile a literal temple.

• Tools for the Ministry
The Antichrist can't come into your heart and defile it (nor can he defile the whole "church") - however' date=' he can defile a literal temple.[/quote']That is exactly what the people in Jeremiah's time thought about their temple. However the people of God were far from Him and God spewed them out and the temple was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar.

Jerry,

Thank you very much for your reply and may God's grace go with you. I can see that we are going to go back and forth with this from now until Christ does call us out. That timing is His and His alone to know. We can only do what John said in Revelation, "Even so come, Lord Jesus". When that Day is here I know that you and I will be standing with the Lord we love.

Now as to the subject of the thread (as I am guilty of derailing it, my apologies to the OP) I would like to say this, Daniel gives us this little bit of insight as to the Antichrist's s*xual orientation. Daniel 10:37
37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Unless Obama is in the closet, he does not met the criteria of that verse. However it would be amiss for me not to mention the world wide push to formalize Gay rights. The World is setting itself up for his coming in on the world stage. There are other verses that would show that he could not be him. His father is African and as such he is not of European descent. His mother is but I am not sure that counts as lineage in the Biblical sense. Besides, what makes anyone think that the Antichrist is American? I believe this type of question started with Reagan. All because his name fit the numbers.

I am not saying that I think of Obama as being a candidate for the antichrist. Nor is what I am going to say a definite statement, but a question. As for Daniel 37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. It starts out by saying he will not regard the God of his fathers. It then says that he will not regard any god. Yet he will build the temple and walk in it. This to me says he outwardly will to begin with have a regard to God, but will then desacrate it. But then to my question. Several have said it cannot be Obama because of him being married. I am not saying this line is incorrect. But is it realy showing regard to the desire for women to openly say that sodomites should be able to marry?? That they should be looked on as being just as good as a straight individual?? Or have most all of our polatitions shown a lack of regard in pushing for sodomite rights??

• Tools for the Ministry
I am not saying that I think of Obama as being a candidate for the antichrist. Nor is what I am going to say a definite statement' date=' but a question. As for Daniel 37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. It starts out by saying he will not regard the God of his fathers. It then says that he will not regard any god. Yet he will build the temple and walk in it. This to me says he outwardly will to begin with have a regard to God, but will then desacrate it. But then to my question. Several have said it cannot be Obama because of him being married. I am not saying this line is incorrect. But is it realy showing regard to the desire for women to openly say that sodomites should be able to marry?? That they should be looked on as being just as good as a straight individual?? Or have most all of our polatitions shown a lack of regard in pushing for sodomite rights??[/quote']
What has caused God to bring Wrath upon a nation? Or on the whole world?
Homosexuality, witchcraft, Sacrifice of Children/babies, idolatry and self worship.
  • 3 weeks later...
Back to the OP...

Barack Obama is married and has children and he does regard or at least publicly acknowledge God (or a god).

Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Since verses 3 and 4 of Daniel 11 are without a doubt speaking of Alexander the Great, I don't see how verse 37 could be about the Anti-Christ, since the context is that it is about one of the successors to A the G.

Even if it were speaking about the Anti-Christ, there are several reasons this still wouldn't preclude BO. It's been rumored that he's actually a homosexual. If he's bisexual, then that would fit the verse. Also, it's conceivable that by the time he gains that much power, he'll could very well have disolved the institution of marriage (something Liberals have been dying to do), which would also then allow him to fit the description.

I've been seeing more and more how Obama actualy does fit the position and character of the anti-Christ. His church teaches that one can be both a Moslem and a Christian. He was raised as a Moslem (in spite of his denials) and the Moslem world behaves as if he's one of them. Therefore he could position himself as the unifier of all religions under one, a position Moslems would see as a route to convert everyone to Islam, since it's within the teachings of Islam to decieve peple in order to convert them to Islam. By the time they realize he won't be doing that, their key leaders could be swayed or killed so that the rest (as they've been violently taught) will follow along like lemmings.
Guest Guest

Politics never seems to amaze me :puzzled: He is bisexual? and a Muslim? the anti-christ? Remember, Vote for Bush he will help the Christian right! Has he? Vote for McCain because he attends what church? Talks about God?

• Advanced Member

Not many people here like Mcain. What I have seen here is that most people here are real conservative independants. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't think Obama is the anti-christ. I know he is the most liberal in the senate and is pro-abortion. Anyone who says theys are pro-abortion in my book is not saved.

From http://www.theamericanprowler.com/dsp_a ... t_id=13594 ...

Despite its being just five a.m. in Israel, the gallery was packed. The atmosphere was decidedly festive, the air crackling with anticipation. Yet none of this felt familiar or comfortable but was actually quite jarring. This was because of the two huge campaign posters dominating the foreground, with the Hebrew legend printed in what the Yiddish phrase calls "letters for reading by moonlight": BARACK OBAMA.

Seeing his name spelled out in that language, my mind naturally drifted to the wordplay possibilities. The Hebrew word BARACK means lightning, OH means or and BAMA means a platform, used in the Bible to refer to unauthorized altars, often idolatrous ones. "Lightning or an idolatrous altar?" Now there was a question that encapsulated the Barack Obama phenomenon very nicely.

To see this holiest place reduced to the theater of the ego was disconcerting....

I don't point out the likeliness because I don't like Obama, but because I see him fitting into exactly the kind of role I've always seen the anti-christ would have to fill in order to gain the power the Bible prophecies.

The role? How about particulars? Is he part Jewish, does he come out of Europe? I can't think of the others right now - but that is a start.

• Lady Administrators
Besides' date=' what makes anyone think that the Antichrist is American? I believe this type of question started with Reagan. All because his name fit the numbers.[/quote']

It actually started before Reagan. Nixon's and Kissinger's names both fit the numbers, too. There was a lot of yammer about Kissinger because of his position, and his background. It fit alot closer than Obama's does. Obama is not of any kind of origin that would appease the Jews - unless there is something revealed one day that has been hidden. But I think if that were so, he would have already told it...even if it weren't so, if he thought people would buy it, like his grandfather at Auschwitz (he said in 2002) and this past year his uncle, whom he changed to his great-uncle, at Auschwitz -changed quickly to Buchenwald by an aid, 'cause everyone but Obama knows it was the Russians who liberated Auschwitz.

As McCain has said, Obama will do anything to win the election. There is a superstar quality to him right now because of the media hype. I don't believe the Anti-christ will splash on the scene like that. He will be someone that inspires trust. Obama doesn't. He inspires fainting spells and hysteria, but not trust. Even the news media has referred to him as messianic. But he can't be the Anti-christ because of his background. (although a student from Ruckman's school told us that the Anti-christ would be African...and this was back in the eighties. However, he also said that the Anti-Christ's girlfriend would have blonde hair and blue eyes...)

Jerry, you were posting as I was....
Guest Guest

It seems that every time someone runs for a political office in the US...people want to start throwing out the word "Anti-Christ". To my knowledge...all "true" born-again believers will be raptured first. :thumb I also understand that the Anti-Christ is supposed to be a highly intelligent political leader with all knowledge on all world religions. As Jerry stated, he is also going to be a Jew and a Roman. This leads me to believe that he will come directly out of the European Union. The false prophet...will come out of the Vatican, as I understand. JMO.

The role? How about particulars? Is he part Jewish' date=' does he come out of Europe? I can't think of the others right now - but that is a start.[/quote']
Where does the Bible say he'd be Jewish or European. You've been reading too much Hal Lindsey.

I used to think the anti-christ would come from the Middle East, because i assumed that's the only way most people in the world would accept him as a religious leader, but Obama's visit to the Middle east and Europe has shown that not only does he have quite a bit of popularity, it's almsot fanatical popularilty. Look at this OpEd in the London Times...

Both Daniel and Revelation teach specific information on the Antichrist and where he would come from. Revelation 13:1 states this:

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

The sea represents the multitude of people that come out of the Middle East/Europe (and this is declared in Daniel 7, I think, where the symbol is explained).

Guest Guest
Where does the Bible say he'd be Jewish or European. You've been reading too much Hal Lindsey.

The "european" comes in part from this verse.

"Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

The "prince that shall come" is a reference to the antichrist. We know that the Romans destroyed the temple, therefore in some way it would seem they are the "people" of the antichrist. That is also partly why many Christians(myself included) believe there will be some type of revived roman empire which may or may not actually be called that.
Guest Guest
The "european" comes in part from this verse.

"Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

The "prince that shall come" is a reference to the antichrist. We know that the Romans destroyed the temple, therefore in some way it would seem they are the "people" of the antichrist. That is also partly why many Christians(myself included) believe there will be some type of revived roman empire which may or may not actually be called that.

:amen::goodpost: Seth.

This passage teaches he will in some way come out of the area around the Mediterranean Sea:

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Daniel 7:2-3 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

The four empires are the Babylonian Empire, The Medo-Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, and the Roman Empire; therefore this endtimes Empire will also come out of the area of the Mediterranean Sea.

This verse shows the False Prophet will come out of another area altogether:

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Two men were traveling in the country, trying ot find a certain farm. They stopped and asked for directions and the local told them to travel down the road until they saw the sign that said Jones Dairy, then turn left. As they made their way down the road, though one of the man said, "What's a dairy sign look like?"

"All of the dairy signs I've seen are white."

"So we're looking for a white sign?"

"Yep, I guess so."

after a brief pause the first man then said, "Would it just be letters?"

"Nah," said the second, "Dairy signs almost always have a picture of a cow."

"You're right," said the first man, "So we're looking for a white sign with a picture of a cow."

They both looked hard out the window and as a large brown sign with yeallow letters that said "Jones Farm" whizzed by, they completely ignored it.

An hour later they both gave up, certain the local was pulling a joke on them.

-----------------------------------------------

Prophecy is given for those experiencing the events, so they know that this is what God fortold. There were all kinds of speculations about Jesus birth, most of which were wrong. The religious scholars of the time were looking for a man of wealth and political power. When a poor man with a religious following appeared, they assumed He was a fraud, and crucified Him.

The kind of assumptions that Hal Lindsey and the rest of the Dispensationalist crowd has claimed are "true" are very misleading. Take as absolute, only what the Bble offers as absolute, and don't let speculation hide truth.

The absolutes are that a man will become powerful enough to become the political and religious leader of the world, but will use that power for evil. What I see so far in Barack Obama is a man willing to sacrifice family (accused his grandmother of being a racist when she expressed fear over a Black man harrassing her), friends (has denounced several friends he's ahd for decades once they became a political liability), faith (attended a blatantly ungoldly church and only left it when his involvement became a political liability), even his own children (demanded they be left out of the campaign, but drags them to every sleazy, tabloid show he is able to). People have been observing that his supporters behave like worshippers since the beginning of his campaign, and it's gotten worse since then. He was greeted with almost universal acceptance in the Middle East and in Europe (when's the last time any American politican was greeted with that kind of warmth in either the Middle East or Europe?) Politically he's in a very powerful place, having people worship him as the harbingor of a new era. Given the right circumstances that power could easily expand outside America. The UN has always has Secretary Generals from third world countries, but people outside the US seem to see Black Americans as part of the "third world" for some odd reason (Blacks in America make more money, on the average, that any African nation)

Were he elected with the fawning worship we've all seen so far, and suddenly all real Christians vanished, instantaneously, the core of any opposition to Libreal totalitarianism would be gone, and the disappearance of so many people world-wide could be easily manipulated into an emergency with demands for special powers granted to a ruling body.

Rather than claiming that Obama is the anti-christ, I'm suggesting that (absent the misleading presumptions of many groups) he certainly fits what we know for certain, therefore so far it remains a possibility, not a proven fact.

Guest Guest
Prophecy is given for those experiencing the events, so they know that this is what God fortold. There were all kinds of speculations about Jesus birth, most of which were wrong. The religious scholars of the time were looking for a man of wealth and political power. When a poor man with a religious following appeared, they assumed He was a fraud, and crucified Him.

Actually, the underlined part is wrong. Scripture is clear many of them knew who he was, and rejected him anyway.
Guest Guest

Danny Carlton wrote "faith (attended a blatantly ungoldly church and only left it when his involvement became a political liability),"

I do not know how you get "ungodly church" because of a pastors remarks. Many IFB preachers that I have heard have all said similar things about America minus the race issue. I guess that is what gets me is it is OK for us to say America has turned away from God but not for another Pastor from a different chruch? This suprised me all this outcry about his pastors remarks and I am thinking that is what my Pastor implied in his Sunday sermon as well. So to go after his church for things "some" IFB's are preaching "God turning Away from America" is hypocritical.

Note to all thanx for the bible knowledge reading these posts have been very informational. In regards to the tribulation period I think the bible teaches that people will be saved and come to know Christ during this time. It will be much harder because of the "world" but still indeed it will be there for their taking. It depends on if you believe we are only a select group that God has called (Calvanist viewpoint maybe?) or if everyone has the opportunity to accept Christ. I think Christ taught that all that would seek him he would recieve.

Guest Guest
Danny Carlton wrote "faith (attended a blatantly ungoldly church and only left it when his involvement became a political liability),"

I do not know how you get "ungodly church" because of a pastors remarks. Many IFB preachers that I have heard have all said similar things about America minus the race issue. I guess that is what gets me is it is OK for us to say America has turned away from God but not for another Pastor from a different chruch? This suprised me all this outcry about his pastors remarks and I am thinking that is what my Pastor implied in his Sunday sermon as well. So to go after his church for things "some" IFB's are preaching "God turning Away from America" is hypocritical.

Note to all thanx for the bible knowledge reading these posts have been very informational. In regards to the tribulation period I think the bible teaches that people will be saved and come to know Christ during this time. It will be much harder because of the "world" but still indeed it will be there for their taking. It depends on if you believe we are only a select group that God has called (Calvanist viewpoint maybe?) or if everyone has the opportunity to accept Christ. I think Christ taught that all that would seek him he would recieve.

Barack Obama's former pastor not only said negative things about America from the pulpit, but he cussed when he did it. Instead of saying "God Bless America", he said "God D*** America!" That's wicked and ungodly.

Nice copout, Danny. There are enough identifiers in Scripture about the Antichrist that we can know general information about him. No, we will not know who he actually is until he arrives on the scene - ie. identifying a particular person. But we can study the Bible to see the marks where we can identify him with.

P.S. I couldn't care less about Hal Linsdey and his sensationalistic approach to the endtimes. He does not take the Bible literally, and tries to fit modern theories into Bible passages.
Guest Guest

Barack Obama's former pastor not only said negative things about America from the pulpit, but he cussed when he did it. Instead of saying "God Bless America", he said "God D*** America!" That's wicked and ungodly.

That does not make the church ungodly.
  • Advanced Member

Than what does? If my pastor got up and said racist remarks and started spouting liberation theology, heresy, than I would tell him what is wrong with his beliefs. If he didn't repent then I would leave and mark him as false. In todays church of whats happening now anything goes as long as you don't tell the flock they are sinners and rebuke them.

There are enough "identifiers" to "know" he's from Europe, but not enough for people to recognize the potential for him to be the anti-christ a few years before he gains power? You still haven't offered verses to back up your assertion, and your assertions are exactly what Hal Lindsey popularized in the 70's.
Guest Guest
Than what does? If my pastor got up and said racist remarks and started spouting liberation theology' date=' heresy, than I would tell him what is wrong with his beliefs. If he didn't repent then I would leave and mark him as false. In todays church of whats happening now anything goes as long as you don't tell the flock they are sinners and rebuke them.[/quote']

I agree with you. I do not agree that it makes Obama a bad canidate for President of the USA.

Archived