• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Could Barack Obama be the Antichrist?

• Members

Almost a year ago, my wife and I were watching Jay Leno and I saw Barack Obama for the first time. I remember being blown away by the way he spoke. I really liked the guy. I turned to my wife and said, "You know, I'd vote for him. Then again, he'd make the perfect antichirst." That was before I knew he was going to run for president.

Of course, was basing my accusation solely on this ability to catch the attention of the masses. The only two things I knew about him was that he was a great speaker and he spoke at Rick Warren's Church. That didn't impress me much, because Rick Warren will let ANYONE speak at his Church.

Anyway, long story short... currently he is preaching against religion. In a video I saw he used principles in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Matthew to show that being a "Christian" nation isn't the way to go. He said this is no longer a Christian nation, but a Buddhist Nation, a Hindu Nation, a Muslim nation, and so on...

The Bible says that the antichrist will not regard the God of his fathers or any God. It also says that he will think to change times and laws, and by peace he will destroy many. I know that books like Left Behind are not the most Biblically accurate books in the world, but I do believe the antichrist will be humanistic and charismatic as Left Behind and other end times novels and movies depict him to be.

Then again, there are certain principles that seem to push the other way. For example, the Bible says that the antichrist will have a desire for women. Obama is married, but that doesn't necessarily mean he desires women.

So, anyway.. your thoughts?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

That's right, Jerry! The European Union (EU). And, the "false prophet" will come out of the Vatican. I am not going to place any guesses on who he might be?...Besides, all "true" born-again believers will be raptured out of here. :smile Thank the Lord! :bible::clap: :thumb

candlelight

• Members

Praise the Lord!
I believe the Lord is coming soon. Australia is really starting to decline. Even unsaved family members are beginning to see that what we have been warning them about for years is starting to happen. We are really praying for their salvation and using every oppurtunity we can get to witness to them. Even so come Lord Jesus! :clap: :amen:

Guest Guest

Hello...Lee-Anne! I am so happy to hear that about Australia! :clap: Unfortunetly, in the USA...we have some people who really want to fight the whole thing, for whatever reason. :sad

Yes...I believe the Lord is coming soon, too. When the last person on earth has heard the Gospel...He will come to Rapture us out of here. :thumb Then, we can all meet eachother. :amen:

candlelight

• Members
Yes...I believe the Lord is coming soon, too. When the last person on earth has heard the Gospel...He will come to Rapture us out of here.

:puzzled: Are you referring to this verse:

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The context of that verse is within the Tribulation period. That means that during those seven years the Gospel will go all through the world - but we will be gone before then. Of course, we should be doing what we can until that point to get the Gospel out - but we have no guarantee that we will get it everywhere (but God will during the Tribulation period - by the 144,000 Jewish evangelists and the angel that preaches the everlasting Gospel).

• Members

Matthew 24 is dealing with the events within the Tribulation period; therefore that verse will be fulfilled in those seven years, not prior to them. When we compare that fact with Revelation 7 and 14, it makes perfect sense. The church is failing in its job of getting the Gospel out to the whole world - but the Lord will make sure it happens before He returns to judge the world/nations.

Guest Guest
Matthew 24 is dealing with the events within the Tribulation period; therefore that verse will be fulfilled in those seven years' date=' not prior to them. When we compare that fact with Revelation 7 and 14, it makes perfect sense. The church is failing in its job of getting the Gospel out to the whole world - but the Lord will make sure it happens before He returns to judge the world/nations.[/quote']

Thanks, Jerry! This clarifies a lot for me. I have never asked my pastor this question...and, if he went over it, it probably didn't sink in. Yes, it does make perfect sense...and, it is very sad, that the "church is failing in its job of getting the Gospel out to the world". :sad My heart breaks.

No need to answer this tonight...Jerry, but...during the Great Tribulation Period...that is the time for the Jews? Right? Is their any possibility that Gentiles will be saved, as the Holy Spirit will not be on earth? Any, possibility at all?

candlelight

• Members

Revelation 7:13-17 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

• Members
Matthew 24 is dealing with the events within the Tribulation period; therefore that verse will be fulfilled in those seven years' date=' not prior to them. When we compare that fact with Revelation 7 and 14, it makes perfect sense. The church is failing in its job of getting the Gospel out to the whole world - but the Lord will make sure it happens before He returns to judge the world/nations.[/quote']
I'm sorry but I don't see that the Church is failing in it's call to get the gospel to the world. If anything the Gentile world is closing its "door" to the gospel. Which God affirms will take place here.
There will be no souls saved when the Church is removed as then the door will be shut by God just as God shut the doors to Noah's ark. Then came Wrath and no one was able to pry open the ark's door to gain safety from the flood. Remember, "As it was in the days of Noah".

• Members
There will be no souls saved when the Church is removed as then the door will be shut by God just as God shut the doors to Noah's ark. Then came Wrath and no one was able to pry open the ark's door to gain safety from the flood. Remember, "As it was in the days of Noah".

Doesn't line up with the Bible. I just quoted Revelation 7. That shows 144,000 Jewish men getting saved after the rapture. Then the end of the chapter makes it VERY CLEAR that there will be people from all nations, etc. being saved. What 2 Thessalonians 2 teaches is that no one who knows the Gospel and rejects it prior to the rapture will be saved after the rapture - but it is a denial of the Word of God to teach no one will be saved. This passage also indicates there will be people saved then:

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 7:13-14 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

• Members

I don't think the Antichrist will be apparent until after we are out of the way. We may know his name as a general political leader, but I think we will be clueless until the rapture. The rapture is going to have this world at a standstill....everything will be paralyzed...the antichrist will have to be able to get past that and unify the world, making everything work again, which will have people responding with respect and awe globally.

I honestly do not think we as Christians will be able to definitively say "That's the Antichrist".

• Members

I agree - we cannot identify the individual until the events unfold (and Christians won't be here then); however, I believe we can glean general descriptions from the Word of God.