• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Could Barack Obama be the Antichrist?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
bz - I have heard in the past that the anti-christ will come from the tribe of Dan. There are a few scriptures that mention Dan (being a serpent, the tribe not being mentioned as being sealed in Rev) but nothing that is concrete to build a doctrine on. Actually, I think it's more personal opinion. The anti-christ makes a covenant with the Jews, so he most likely has some connection to the Jews. They have historically accepted political leaders who weren't Jewish, but I really doubt they'd accept a Messiah who wasn't (so, my opinion is that he will be part - even if it's only 1/1,0000! - Jewish). Although their Messiah isn't going to be spiritual, he will be physical (even the Jews of Jesus' day were looking for their Messiah to deliver them from the Romans), so it could be that they won't worry about his lineage.

I don't believe that BO is the anti-christ for many reasons, but the biggest one is that he is a friend to the muslims who hate the Jews. And the Jews today wouldn't make a covenant with a man who bows to the Saudi king!

Thanks, HC. Yeah, I do not think BO is the anti-christ either, but I have been feeling like I need to do some studying up on Revelation/end time prophesy. I haven't really had this much interest since I was a new Christian. Do you have any recommendations for a commentary on the end times?

• Administrators

Thanks a bunch! :thumb

Okay - the text that our college is using right now is David Cloud's book on prophecy.
http://www.wayoflife.org/publications/abss.html
Scroll down about halfway and you'll find it - Understanding Bible Prophecy. Not too bad a price, either!

• Members
Obama is not the Antichrist. However, I believe he is preparing the way for the antichrist. Have you ever seen the whole world blindly follow ONE MAN in the way they followed Obama. I believe Obama's true ignorance has begun to come to light, and the world is beginning to realize that he was made into a much more competent person than he really is.

Imagine a truly competent person with Obama's popularity. A person with answers. A person who actually knows what he is doing. The people of the world are ripe for the antichrist--Obama proves that.

We will know who the antichrist is because we will be here for the tribulation. Jesus said so.

Why do you think we will be here for the tribulation? I ask you, because we agree on many things posted here a value your opinion. I am pre trib though. Just so you know. In Christ.

• Members

Elijahruth,

Though, I am not hambone, I would like to post a few thoughts on your question. For starters, I, too, was a solid pretribber for most of my Christian life until I considered the following thoughts:

1. The Christians go up after the "last trump" correct?
2. If there is a last trump, there has to be at least one or two before it for it to be considered the "last" trump.
3. The only multitude of trumpets in the book of the Revelation is the 7 trumpets.
4. Even though God has not appointed Christians to wrath, that does not mean he will not supernaturally preserve believers during the tribulation. The entire tribulation IS NOT all wrath.
5. The teaching of the pre-trib rapture cannot solidly be traced prior to the 1800's.
6. The church for the first 1800 years taught the church was going to see the second coming, (and be in the end times events.)
7. Jesus is seen in the clouds making a reaping at the loud call of an angel in the Revelation right before he poors out his wrath on the unbelieving world. Consider the following verses:

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud [one] sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Rev 14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

So what happens after the seventh (last) trumpet?

Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The mystery of God should be finished. The last Gentile comes into the kingdom.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

This has happened so the time of Jacob's trouble can bring Israel to repentance and recognition of Christ.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Did the O.T. prophets know about this as Rev. 10:7 stated?

Isa 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

Is it a short time that the Lord destroys the wicked and the antichrist?

Zec 11:8 Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.

So you see, there is grounds for believing a Pre-wrath Rapture as opposed to the popular Pre-Trib rapture. I beleive there is enough mystery in the Revelation that we cannot know for sure, and we had better be ready for either.

Ben

• Members
Elijahruth,

Though, I am not hambone, I would like to post a few thoughts on your question. For starters, I, too, was a solid pretribber for most of my Christian life until I considered the following thoughts:

1. The Christians go up after the "last trump" correct?
2. If there is a last trump, there has to be at least one or two before it for it to be considered the "last" trump.
3. The only multitude of trumpets in the book of the Revelation is the 7 trumpets.
4. Even though God has not appointed Christians to wrath, that does not mean he will not supernaturally preserve believers during the tribulation. The entire tribulation IS NOT all wrath.
5. The teaching of the pre-trib rapture cannot solidly be traced prior to the 1800's.
6. The church for the first 1800 years taught the church was going to see the second coming, (and be in the end times events.)
7. Jesus is seen in the clouds making a reaping at the loud call of an angel in the Revelation right before he poors out his wrath on the unbelieving world. Consider the following verses:

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud [one] sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Rev 14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

So what happens after the seventh (last) trumpet?

Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The mystery of God should be finished. The last Gentile comes into the kingdom.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

This has happened so the time of Jacob's trouble can bring Israel to repentance and recognition of Christ.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Did the O.T. prophets know about this as Rev. 10:7 stated?

Isa 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

Is it a short time that the Lord destroys the wicked and the antichrist?

Zec 11:8 Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.

So you see, there is grounds for believing a Pre-wrath Rapture as opposed to the popular Pre-Trib rapture. I beleive there is enough mystery in the Revelation that we cannot know for sure, and we had better be ready for either.

Ben

Most of the verse you quote to prove your "Pre-Wrath" rapture are aimed at Israel. The rapture of the church was a mystery not revealed to the OT prophets but revealed to Paul. Passages like the one you mention from Isaiah 26 are referring to the rapture of tribulation saints NOT the church.

• Members
Most of the verse you quote to prove your "Pre-Wrath" rapture are aimed at Israel.

This type of dispensationalist interpretation is one way of viewing these verses. It is easy to point at a verse and apply it to Israel when it does not jive with one's theory. I guess we all do it in one sense or another.

Ben

• Members

This type of dispensationalist interpretation is one way of viewing these verses. It is easy to point at a verse and apply it to Israel when it does not jive with one's theory. I guess we all do it in one sense or another.

Ben

There's no theory about it. Who was God talking to in those OT passages? Israel. Unless you think God is completely finished with the nation of Israel (which Paul warned against) than there is no reason not to apply it to them. Remember, the oracles of God were given to them. We just happen to be grafted into the tree.

• Members

O.k., if those verses apply to Israel, and we are the engrafted branch, then wouldn't some of the nutrient applied at the root (Israel,) come up into the the branch (the Gentile Bride?) I do not do away with Israel, but see all of it coming together at the culmination of God's grand plan. Some of it applies to Israel, and some of it applies to the Gentile Bride, and some of it applies to both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Since verses 3 and 4 of Daniel 11 are without a doubt speaking of Alexander the Great, I don't see how verse 37 could be about the Anti-Christ, since the context is that it is about one of the successors to A the G.

I haven't really read much more past the 4th page as of yet on this topic so not sure if anyone mentioned this.

Daniel 11:37 is speaking of Aniochus IV Epiphanes, he is also the little horn mentioned in Daniel 7 and 8. But we are able to identfy the Antichrist by these verses cause he is paralleled to Aniochus IV. Antiochus was indeed an antichrist type. And the Antichrist is indeed considered the little horn of the end times. By understanding antiochus one can understand more of the coming antichrist.

Blessings
heavenstear

• Members

Why do you think we will be here for the tribulation? I ask you, because we agree on many things posted here a value your opinion. I am pre trib though. Just so you know. In Christ.

I personally don't believe in a pre-trib rapture. That is my conviction from my studies. I don't belive the Bible supports it. I can provide my reasoning (and I have on this forum), but I figure if I'm wrong--yipee! I'll be raptured, since my rapture is based on my salvation, not my belief in the pre-trib rapture. But, if I am right, I believe there will be a great upheaval in the church. You are talking millions of Christians who figured they had a free "get out of tribulation" card coming to the preachers and wanting answers! The belief is very much an American belief. Most Chinese and North Korean Christians don't believe in a pre-trib rapture because of the things they've gone through, and the fact that God doesn't provide "get out of tribulation" card often. People like to compare the rapture to Noah, but Noah wasn't escaping tribulation--he was escaping destruction, which is exactly what believer will be escaping at the last trump (which happens at the end of the tribulation, by the way). Furthermore, the pre-tribulation rapture is a very new belief. There are no records prior to the 1800s of any of our church "fathers" preaching pre-trib. Most people will jump on this and say Paul did--but I use the exact same verses to support my views. Also, IF Paul had taught this, I think it would have been mentioned at one time or another during the 1800 years between Paul and the time it became popular.

I am a hard core IFB, don't get me wrong, but the more I study the subject, the more I am convinced I'm correct. I believe the Baptist Church is stuck in a paradigm on this subject--but it is still my church.

• Members

There's no theory about it. Who was God talking to in those OT passages? Israel. Unless you think God is completely finished with the nation of Israel (which Paul warned against) than there is no reason not to apply it to them. Remember, the oracles of God were given to them. We just happen to be grafted into the tree.

Amen... Wilchbla. Well said. I love your part about a "theory." It is NOT a "theory." A "theory" does NOT offer any...Biblical proof, Biblical logic, let alone Biblical common sense. The Book of Revelation clearly points this out. Below is a prophetic verse from Revelation:

Revelation 4:1... After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. King James Bible

Note:

The greatest thing for the "true" church is that God WILL take care of it. Amen. That is surely comforting to me; however, the scripture above should speak for itself. That is all that we need. :smile

In Christ Jesus,

Molly