• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Could Barack Obama be the Antichrist?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Besides' date=' what makes anyone think that the Antichrist is American? I believe this type of question started with Reagan. All because his name fit the numbers.[/quote']

It actually started before Reagan. Nixon's and Kissinger's names both fit the numbers, too. There was a lot of yammer about Kissinger because of his position, and his background. It fit alot closer than Obama's does. Obama is not of any kind of origin that would appease the Jews - unless there is something revealed one day that has been hidden. But I think if that were so, he would have already told it...even if it weren't so, if he thought people would buy it, like his grandfather at Auschwitz (he said in 2002) and this past year his uncle, whom he changed to his great-uncle, at Auschwitz -changed quickly to Buchenwald by an aid, 'cause everyone but Obama knows it was the Russians who liberated Auschwitz.

As McCain has said, Obama will do anything to win the election. There is a superstar quality to him right now because of the media hype. I don't believe the Anti-christ will splash on the scene like that. He will be someone that inspires trust. Obama doesn't. He inspires fainting spells and hysteria, but not trust. Even the news media has referred to him as messianic. But he can't be the Anti-christ because of his background. (although a student from Ruckman's school told us that the Anti-christ would be African...and this was back in the eighties. However, he also said that the Anti-Christ's girlfriend would have blonde hair and blue eyes...)

Jerry, you were posting as I was....

Guest Guest

It seems that every time someone runs for a political office in the US...people want to start throwing out the word "Anti-Christ". To my knowledge...all "true" born-again believers will be raptured first. :thumb I also understand that the Anti-Christ is supposed to be a highly intelligent political leader with all knowledge on all world religions. As Jerry stated, he is also going to be a Jew and a Roman. This leads me to believe that he will come directly out of the European Union. The false prophet...will come out of the Vatican, as I understand. JMO.

• Members
The role? How about particulars? Is he part Jewish' date=' does he come out of Europe? I can't think of the others right now - but that is a start.[/quote']
Where does the Bible say he'd be Jewish or European. You've been reading too much Hal Lindsey.

I used to think the anti-christ would come from the Middle East, because i assumed that's the only way most people in the world would accept him as a religious leader, but Obama's visit to the Middle east and Europe has shown that not only does he have quite a bit of popularity, it's almsot fanatical popularilty. Look at this OpEd in the London Times...

• Members

Both Daniel and Revelation teach specific information on the Antichrist and where he would come from. Revelation 13:1 states this:

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

The sea represents the multitude of people that come out of the Middle East/Europe (and this is declared in Daniel 7, I think, where the symbol is explained).

Guest Guest
Where does the Bible say he'd be Jewish or European. You've been reading too much Hal Lindsey.

The "european" comes in part from this verse.

"Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

The "prince that shall come" is a reference to the antichrist. We know that the Romans destroyed the temple, therefore in some way it would seem they are the "people" of the antichrist. That is also partly why many Christians(myself included) believe there will be some type of revived roman empire which may or may not actually be called that.

Guest Guest
The "european" comes in part from this verse.

"Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

The "prince that shall come" is a reference to the antichrist. We know that the Romans destroyed the temple, therefore in some way it would seem they are the "people" of the antichrist. That is also partly why many Christians(myself included) believe there will be some type of revived roman empire which may or may not actually be called that.

:amen::goodpost: Seth.

• Members

This passage teaches he will in some way come out of the area around the Mediterranean Sea:

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Daniel 7:2-3 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

The four empires are the Babylonian Empire, The Medo-Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, and the Roman Empire; therefore this endtimes Empire will also come out of the area of the Mediterranean Sea.

This verse shows the False Prophet will come out of another area altogether:

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

• Members

Two men were traveling in the country, trying ot find a certain farm. They stopped and asked for directions and the local told them to travel down the road until they saw the sign that said Jones Dairy, then turn left. As they made their way down the road, though one of the man said, "What's a dairy sign look like?"

"All of the dairy signs I've seen are white."

"So we're looking for a white sign?"

"Yep, I guess so."

after a brief pause the first man then said, "Would it just be letters?"

"Nah," said the second, "Dairy signs almost always have a picture of a cow."

"You're right," said the first man, "So we're looking for a white sign with a picture of a cow."

They both looked hard out the window and as a large brown sign with yeallow letters that said "Jones Farm" whizzed by, they completely ignored it.

An hour later they both gave up, certain the local was pulling a joke on them.

-----------------------------------------------

Prophecy is given for those experiencing the events, so they know that this is what God fortold. There were all kinds of speculations about Jesus birth, most of which were wrong. The religious scholars of the time were looking for a man of wealth and political power. When a poor man with a religious following appeared, they assumed He was a fraud, and crucified Him.

The kind of assumptions that Hal Lindsey and the rest of the Dispensationalist crowd has claimed are "true" are very misleading. Take as absolute, only what the Bble offers as absolute, and don't let speculation hide truth.

The absolutes are that a man will become powerful enough to become the political and religious leader of the world, but will use that power for evil. What I see so far in Barack Obama is a man willing to sacrifice family (accused his grandmother of being a racist when she expressed fear over a Black man harrassing her), friends (has denounced several friends he's ahd for decades once they became a political liability), faith (attended a blatantly ungoldly church and only left it when his involvement became a political liability), even his own children (demanded they be left out of the campaign, but drags them to every sleazy, tabloid show he is able to). People have been observing that his supporters behave like worshippers since the beginning of his campaign, and it's gotten worse since then. He was greeted with almost universal acceptance in the Middle East and in Europe (when's the last time any American politican was greeted with that kind of warmth in either the Middle East or Europe?) Politically he's in a very powerful place, having people worship him as the harbingor of a new era. Given the right circumstances that power could easily expand outside America. The UN has always has Secretary Generals from third world countries, but people outside the US seem to see Black Americans as part of the "third world" for some odd reason (Blacks in America make more money, on the average, that any African nation)

Were he elected with the fawning worship we've all seen so far, and suddenly all real Christians vanished, instantaneously, the core of any opposition to Libreal totalitarianism would be gone, and the disappearance of so many people world-wide could be easily manipulated into an emergency with demands for special powers granted to a ruling body.

Rather than claiming that Obama is the anti-christ, I'm suggesting that (absent the misleading presumptions of many groups) he certainly fits what we know for certain, therefore so far it remains a possibility, not a proven fact.

Guest Guest
Prophecy is given for those experiencing the events, so they know that this is what God fortold. There were all kinds of speculations about Jesus birth, most of which were wrong. The religious scholars of the time were looking for a man of wealth and political power. When a poor man with a religious following appeared, they assumed He was a fraud, and crucified Him.

Actually, the underlined part is wrong. Scripture is clear many of them knew who he was, and rejected him anyway.