• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Controversial Bible Topic

Guest TJ S

Hi I have 2 questions.

1.  What bible translations is the most accurate to the original hebrew and greek, does it matter what modern version you read? Like the KJV only movement claims its the only Gods word bible.

2. What does the bible say on birth control? Is it Biblical?, especially in marriage. 

• Moderators

1: It is the stated position here that we hold that the KJV is the only true and complete word of God available in English (not a quote). Others contain the word of God, in various amounts, but they are based off of a completely different, and questionable, set of manuscripts, and really cannot be said to even be the same book. 

2: the bible really doesn't say anything about birth control. I would say, in general, that having children is like anything in life and we need to be good stewards-if you can't afford a pack of kids, don't have a pack of kids. I don't think general birth control is wrong, because until conception there's no life; anything that ends a life is wrong, be it a pill or an operation, so that is wrong, as the Lord knows us before we are born. But I don't believe that it is wrong to take wise measures to keep conception from occurring in the first place. Look at Noah: he only had, as far as we know, 3 children in 800 years; just because you CAN have them doesn't mean you SHOULD have them.  And this is all my opinion, since the Bible is silent, specifically.

• Moderators

I would add a note regarding birth control. It's one thing to keep conception from occurring, but another thing entirely to end a life that's already begun. Most commonly available methods of birth control act as an abortionaid either primarily, or in addition to the contraceptive properties. Often they will change the environment of the womb to prevent implantation. The problem with this is that the baby has already been conceived prior to attempting to implant, so preventing implantation forces an abortion. This, of course, is murder and obviously wrong. Do your research carefully!

• Members
On 12/4/2019 at 1:38 AM, Guest TJ S said:

Hi I have 2 questions.

1.  What bible translations is the most accurate to the original hebrew and greek, does it matter what modern version you read? Like the KJV only movement claims its the only Gods word bible.

Hi TJ S,

In the English language, God preserved His Word in the King James bible. 

Nearly every other bible traces its roots to the Sinaiticus which was written by Constantine Simonides on the Isle of Mount Athos for his uncle Benedict in the 1840s.

None of these modern translations that trace their roots to this fraudulent bible agree with one another.  Is God the author of confusion?