• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hailing from Mississippi!

• Members

Hello everyone!

My name's Ashton, and I'm a 18 year old guy (19 in August) from a small town in Mississippi (Sumrall). Though I claim no denomination, I grew up in Southern Baptist churches up until I was 13, when my family started attending a small IFB. Christ is my life, and I am dedicated to serving Him in some form of ministry, though God has yet to reveal to me what kind of ministry that will specifically be.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself! :)

Guest Guest

Good to have you here!

What do you mean by "I claim no denomination"? Would you consider yourself IFB in doctrine? or something else?

(btw, I don't have a problem with separating yourself from a "denomination"...I'm just curious)

• Members

Hey Linda! Sumrall is about 15 minutes from Hattiesburg. It's a small country town.

Good to have you here!

What do you mean by "I claim no denomination"? Would you consider yourself IFB in doctrine? or something else?

(btw, I don't have a problem with separating yourself from a "denomination"...I'm just curious)

Pretty close theologically, with slight differences I've formed since I began my own independent studies (which is something my IFB church encouraged), but nothing major. Mostly my differences with IFB churches lies in standards and my mindset on certain things (for lack of a better word). But theologically, for the most part, yes. :smile

The reason I no longer have a denomination is because at one point I had become very IFB exclusive, God beat me in the head for that, and convicted me to stop labeling myself and separating myself from other Christians one night when I was reading Jesus' prayer in John 17. It's a personal conviction--not asking anyone else to follow suit, but I just thought I should explain. Heh.

Bless you all!

• 3 weeks later...