• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

weary warrior

Starting Again

Well, after 10 years since the last one, we've accepted a request to take a pastorate of a little church in Washington State 40 miles south of Spokane. They've been looking for a pastor with "callused hands and muddy boots" who can relate to the farmers, ranchers and working men of the area.

When they first contacted me back in June, we turned down the offer, not feeling we were up to it. But they never found a pastor they were looking for, and we never found the ministry we were looking for. So when they came back around again last month, we accepted after much prayer.

I'm taking off with a truck and u-haul here in about 3 days for the 2500 mile trip out there. I have no support, no job and no salary waiting. (The church has shrunk to a congregation of...6). We are not worried at all, but are excited to see what God does.

Our plan? To simply preach straight truth, pray much prayers and love unlovable people. Beyond that, it's in God's hands.

5 hours ago, weary warrior said:

we've accepted a request to take a pastorate of a little church in Washington State 40 miles south of Spokane.

Is that the one in Rosalia, Wa? I know it well and have been praying that they would get a pastor. I'll be praying for your church and that the lord will bless your work there.

Edited by John Young

2 hours ago, John Young said:

Is that the one in Rosalia, Wa? I know it well and have been praying that they would get a pastor. I'll be praying for your church and that the lord will bless your work there.

Actually, it is that church.

Glad to have you back online WW. It's been some time since I heard anything from you. I kinda lost track of where you were. Didn't know if you were still in Alaska or had moved somewhere south. I any event, it's good to hear from you and even better to hear the news of the pastorate you accepted. I'll be in prayer for this ministry.

Please try to keep us updated on your new ministry and any progress. Six people huh? To me this sounds like a wonderful opportunity to watch God work and reward your efforts. This reminds me of the church I am attending now here in the small town of Yreka, California. When I first found this church there were only six to eight people attending, now we average 40-60 per service.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:59 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Glad to have you back online WW. It's been some time since I heard anything from you. I kinda lost track of where you were. Didn't know if you were still in Alaska or had moved somewhere south. I any event, it's good to hear from you and even better to hear the news of the pastorate you accepted. I'll be in prayer for this ministry.

Please try to keep us updated on your new ministry and any progress. Six people huh? To me this sounds like a wonderful opportunity to watch God work and reward your efforts. This reminds me of the church I am attending now here in the small town of Yreka, California. When I first found this church there were only six to eight people attending, now we average 40-60 per service.

Many thanks, Jim. We are actually loading the trailer today, and pulling out in the morning. 2,800 miles. I never do anything easy, I guess. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Salyan said:

Nasty time of year to move (if you're still coming from Alaska)!

We've been in Ashville, North Carolina for several months spoiling the grandbabies. Not as bad as driving from AK.

Well, we are on the road finally. Made it from Ashville to central Kentucky yesterday, where we will be spending Thanksgiving with family today. Then off again early in the morning.

Double checked my route again last night, I actually have another 2700 miles to go. In 5 days, or I pay extra daily for the u-haul rental. But I should be there in time for next week's Sunday service, our first service there.