• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What happened in church today?

• Members

I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone did in church. Was it an average, interesting, funny, or momentous day? Is it missions conference time? Special services or special guest preacher?  Picnic on the grounds after services? You can talk about anything, share pictures, videos, etc, just keep it focused on what happened at your church (or a church you visited) recently. No controversy, please, I'd like this to be a positive thread. If you're worried about sharing too much personal things online, you can keep it simple, just post what scripture was preached from, the title of the sermon (if any), subject of the sermon, an interesting tidbit from the sermon, or a blessing you think we might all enjoy. It can be as short or as detailed as you'd like.

I'll start.

My church recently had combined services with a sister church in the area which  was celebrating their 32nd anniversary. The guest pastor preached on the topic of "Following Jesus". Afterward we had lunch and a good time of fellowship together. 

IMG_20191110_104204.thumb.jpg.550dbbd5b68feda1d3bc0af6d884d907.jpgIMG_20191110_111731.thumb.jpg.348e870ba08ebd287ddd3f32fa92e866.jpg

Edited by Rebecca

• Moderators

Regular Sunday services today... was supposed to have a baptism service (second this month!), but it didn’t work out for everyone so it’ll be next week. My Sunday school class took a break from their regularly scheduled lessons in Genesis to do a class on Christians and the government and write Christmas cards to Canadian servicemen overseas. All the kids got to choose the country of destination. ? Lots of visitors in church this morning to hear pastor’s sermon on transgenderism (ha - sure that wasn’t intentional).  I’m trying to get a quick nap in before a senior’s service this afternoon, then back for evening service and a monthly fellowship (i.e. food!) after. The choir is practicing for Christmas, so it’ll be a long evening. 

• Administrators

Since it is the Thanksgiving season our sermon and SS lesson was on thankfulness. This was in the context of the Apostle Paul preaching that we should be thankful in all things, the good as well as the bad. Paul wrote that he was thankful even in his bondage in prison, because he saw it as opportunity.

It also included examples of not being thankful, based on the murmuring of Israel in the wilderness, where they chided with Moses saying that it would have been better if they had died in Egypt. Moses, through God, had delivered them from bondage, but they were not thankful for this deliverance, they even wanted to go back into bondage.

A Thanksgiving potluck followed the main service. It was a good day to be in The Lord's house.

Inside.jpg

• Members

We visited Tabernacle Baptist Church, Pastor Don Ball, in Lebanon, Missouri last Tuesday evening for a special Thanksgiving service. One of the songs sung that evening was a new song sung by the congregation called, "So Much to Thank Him For."

95491678_Tabernacle11_26.19service.thumb.jpg.ae0816e65fd23762f4c08444b9e3aae7.jpg

We never heard it before so I found the following YouTube video, "Rabon Creek," that sang the song. Hope you like it.

Edited by Alan

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The first service of the new year went well. The first Sunday of each month, I travel to another city to attend the church I had ministered in for about five years before moving to where I live now and ministering in a local church there. So today I was at Victory Baptist Church, my old stomping grounds, which was a tremendous blessing as I can see that the truth of God's Word is working in peoples lives. From an outsiders perspective, the church is small and maybe boring. But from my perspective, it is thriving as God's Word is being boldly proclaimed each and every Sunday, regardless of who happens to show up. In today's culture of business type churches, this is counter-productive, possibly running off people who may get offended or bored. But it is a great blessing for me to see a group of Christians show up to church ready to serve and listen to what God has in store for them.

• Members

This morning Pastor preached on Philippians 2 3:4-11 Pauls Testimony.  In the morning services he is going through Phillipans

This evening The Message was from Acts 2:37  "Brethren,What shall we do?"

It was the Lord's supper and we welcomed a young couple into membership.  

Edited by Invicta
spelling

• Administrators

Hubs preached on being a living sacrifice yesterday. I taught the kids about Jesus' baptism and temptation. One of the girls took it on herself  to speak up and tell God that she accepted Jesus. When I questioned her, she didn't know why yet. So I told her we would discuss it more as time goes on. Neither of the two girls has any previous church experience, so they don't understand sin and salvation yet. But I think the older one is coming close! So that was exciting.

The first Sunday of the month we have lunch followed by an afternoon service (with no evening service). Then we head over to the nursing home.  Yesterday, after the afternoon service was over, a gentleman joined the church! Praise the Lord! It's been just over a year since the split, so this was exciting!

The nursing home service was good - one of the ladies asked me afterward if we could sing more songs during the service. I think it's a good idea - it seems that as we sing one or two wander in. We don't have many folks, but we're thankful for the ones who come out. The Sunday school girls went with us again yesterday (they went last month because they came home with me every Sunday in Dec. except the last one). They seem to enjoy it, and I'm glad. I want them to think of church/church activities as home-away-from-home.

• Members

In Sunday school we are finally back to our series on Moses, where we had left off after switching to a few weeks of lessons about the birth of Christ in December. Today we have started learning about the ten plagues. 

In the main services, the pastor taught on Matthew 25:34-40

After services, people like to stay and fellowship for awhile before heading home. These two girls decided to take that time to finish coloring and to chat a bit before their parents were ready to go. No, they don't sit on the table during class! :7_sweat_smile:

IMG_20200112_115402.thumb.jpg.8758111a489f404e28f0bee3d04e010f.jpg

• Administrators

In our Sunday School, we are going on in to the life of Christ. Since this is the girls' first experience with church, I want them to learn as much as possible about Christ. Today we looked at the calling of the disciples.  I talked to the girls about inviting friends...so we may start to grow! =D

My hubs preached on giving ourselves to the Lord, from Romans 12:1,2. Our attendance was a bit lower, but praise the Lord of those who came out!

Rebecca, I cannot wait to be able to teach the girls about Moses. I had thought about going in to that after Christmas, but after praying and talking to my hubs decided to stick with life of Christ for this year. There is SO much I want to teach them; I have to restrain myself to make sure they are getting what they need! LOL

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Always like to visit a soul-winning church. Tabernacle Baptist Church, Lebanon, Missouri, among other soul-winning efforts, has a "Free Day Away," program for soldiers in training at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. the church uses buses to bus soldiers to the church in Lebanon, MO and provides a day away from the base with a meal, activities, and a church service. On this particular service I was able to lead one of the soldiers to Christ.

1888075489_SoldiersbackviewTabernacleJan.1920202500X1668.thumb.JPG.35286f2620fb874d24cb57f0ce85176f.JPG