• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Happy Fourth of July

• Members

I Timothy 2:1-2 says, "I exhort therefore, that first of all supplications, prayers, interecessons, and giving of thanks , be made for all men;

For kings, and for all that are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

On this Fourth of July, let us pray for our great country and for all those who are in positions of authority in this great land. Let us also pray for the Presidential election that God's will be done in His choice of who leads this land of His!

• Members

I won't be celebrating the Fourth this year. :sad
I'm gonna be at a theme park with three of my students, though, which should be fun, too. I did buy some fireworks to do another night that I'll be home. Not sure when I'll be home at night over the next several days, though. :frog

• Administrators

This is one of my favorite holidays of the year. America has gone in such a wrong direction for so many years, but there is truly no other country I would want to live in (unless, of course, God led us to be missionaries!).

oldglory.jpg

Happy Independence Day!

• Members

Well, we are still independent from Great Britain but most of the other stuff they try to associate with Independence Day is nothing but propaganda.

We try to celebrate by looking to what once made America great, how sin corrupted this and why we are so far from where our Founders and where God would have us be today. We follow this up with what we can do for God and country.

• Members

Well my Fourth of July consists of hopefully a nap before work considering I only got about four hours of sleep last night. Then I go to work for 8 hours. Then off to Reformers Unanimous. Then I come sit at home with nothing to do. :roll

• Members
I Timothy 2:1-2 says, "I exhort therefore, that first of all supplications, prayers, interecessons, and giving of thanks , be made for all men;

For kings, and for all that are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

On this Fourth of July, let us pray for our great country and for all those who are in positions of authority in this great land. Let us also pray for the Presidential election that God's will be done in His choice of who leads this land of His!

These should be in our prayers every day, as well as the companies we work for.

As for us, we are having a large fellowship at a church member's home. Volleyball, Bocce, good eats, etc. Don't know if there will be fireworks, but I really don't care. It will be good to spend this 4th in the company of Christ's family. I've wasted many a 4th with the world and I am really looking forward to today.

Regardless what others may say, I firmly believe this country was begun because of and for Christians by God. The very first official document written by the pilgrims was the Mayflower Compact (1620) and it begins with 6 simple but profound words: "In the name of God, Amen". God is the reason we celebrate the 4th of July although most of the celebrators don't even realize that fact.

• Members

While I am thankful to have been born in America, it's been a very long time since America was anything close to being "one nation under God". Sadly, God has been pushed away and replaced with American "wisdom" and "strength".

In the current state America is in today we can't really expect God to bless America. America has pushed God and the Bible out of the school systems and teaches unchristian, even anti-Christian values and principles instead. God is mocked and ungodly content is on the TV 24/7.

President Bush, along with many others (including president wannabe Obama) have publically declared that America is NOT a Christian nation. President Bush has repeatedly declared that all religions lead to heaven and that Muslims and Christians pray to the same God. He even placed a copy of the Koran in the White House library for the first time in history. He has also celebrated the Muslim holiday of Ramadan. Only "interfaith", generic prayers are offered up before government business is tended to these days.

Open acceptance and even the promotion of homosexuality has gained support within both major political Parties and across the country. Millions of unborn babies are murdered each year in America.

All of this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

If we want God to bless America then we need to be doing what God says leads to His blessings. Otherwise, as sure as God's Word is true, we know the curses God has pronounced for those who turn away will be what America reaps.

If we truly love America, want the best for America, and want God to bless America then we need to be praying for revival, praying for at least one more Great Awakening, praying for wisdom, boldness and strength in Christ to reach America with the Gospel and turn hearts toward God.

• Members

Isaiah 1:4 says, "Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel ujnto anger, they are gone away backward."

The above verse describes our nation today; therefore, we as Christians should repent and hopefully God will hear our prayers and heal our land.