Online Baptist

Sola Scriptura

Question

I am Sola Scriptura, as, doubtlessly, many other people here are also. That is, we believe that ALL our intel about God, & ALL His commands to us come from Scripture only, &  we don't believe any precepts or commands of worship not found in Scripture.

Anyone who believes otherwise, can you  show us any other legitimate source of intel about God, or any of His commands not found in Scripture ?

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

So, which "God" is being referenced in Romans 1:19?  The same "God" that is referenced in Romans 1:18, since Romans 1:19 is grammatically a part of the same sentence as Romans 1:18.  That sentence begins at the beginning of Romans 1:18 and ends at the end of Romans 1:19.  So then, who is this God?  He is the God who reveals His wrath "from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men." (See Romans 1:18).  To me that sure seems like a reference unto THE God of heaven and of all-holiness.

• Advanced Member
On 11/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, robycop3 said:

I am Sola Scriptura, as, doubtlessly, many other people here are also. That is, we believe that ALL our intel about God, & ALL His commands to us come from Scripture only, &  we don't believe any precepts or commands of worship not found in Scripture.

Sola Scriptura was only one of the five Solas of the reformation.  They are  Sola Scriptura, Sola Christus, Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, and Sola Deo Gloria.

Scripture alone, Christ alone, Grace alone, Faith alone, The Glory of God alone.

Edited by Invicta
  • Members

Today i listened to a baptist sermon from Oak Creek WI.  Pretty sure the preacher was saying that being born again is an experience that you should be able to remember.  Perhaps not the exact day but likely the year and the place.  If so,  then that sounds like more than “scripture alone.”  If becoming a saved Christian requires an experience, then this is “scripture +”.  He also said a changed lifestyle is necessary to show the person really has converted. For that reason, he wants both a testimony and a delay as well as catechism prior to baptism and acceptance into church membership.

I wonder how many Independent baptist pastors would agree.  Can every saved Christian recall a conversion experience?  And how long do you want to wait before you baptize?

• Members
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, robycop3 said:

Anyone who believes otherwise, can you  show us any other legitimate source of intel about God, or any of His commands not found in Scripture ?

Any who would think otherwise would have to be a non Baptist!