• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What are Your Thoughts on Effeminate Men in the Name of Christ

• Members

Oh my friend, you have made it abundantly clear early on that your views on doctrine have been determined through Mr  Anderson's lenses. You can no longer distinguish his teachings from Scripture.

All I am asking you to do is to get it from God alone and you will start to comprehend the Spirit of Truth and be free of this spirit of error. Follow the below link with an open heart unadulterated by men. 

Just try it for a few months and you will see the differences. Trust me you will get hooked and will see His Word as He intended, as The BREAD OF LIFE.

Take it from a Former tare who followed all the "great men of God" for 30 plus years.

• Members
18 hours ago, Paul Christian said:

Glen Schunk, Jack Hyles, and John R Rice all taught the reprobate doctrine. 

John R. Rice, may be a reprobate in your eyes, but in the eyes of many strong IFB saints, he was a man of God, filled with the Holy Spirit of God, a winner on countless souls, a writer of many excellent books & tracts & pamphlets, and walked close to the Lord Jesus Christ. John R. Rice boldly stood against evolution, Calvinists, liberals, moral wickedness in society, moral wickedness in Hollywood, and was a staunch defender of the faith.

In our perverted day and age, many false teachers, liberals, Pastor Steven Anderson and his followers in the NewIFB Movement, find fault, nit-pickers I call them, with John R. Rice, Charles H. Spurgeon, and other men of God, who walked with God in every aspect of the word.

To call John R. Rice a reprobate is not of the Lord. And, to call out his name in a thread called, "What are Your Thoughts on Effeminate Men in the Name of Christ," and insinuate that John R. Rice is an effeminate man of God is a lie, deceitful, and a shame.

Edited by Alan
capitalization spelling

• Members
4 hours ago, Alan said:

John R. Rice, may be a reprobate in your eyes, but in the eyes of many strong IFB saints, he was a man of God, filled with the Holy Spirit of God, a winner on countless souls, a writer of many excellent books & tracts & pamphlets, and walked close to the Lord Jesus Christ. John R. Rice boldly stood against evolution, Calvinists, liberals, moral wickedness in society, moral wickedness in Hollywood, and was a staunch defender of the faith.

In our perverted day and age, many false teachers, liberals, Pastor Steven Anderson and his followers in the NewIFB Movement, find fault, nit-pickers I call them, with John R. Rice, Charles H. Spurgeon, and other men of God, who walked with God in every aspect of the word.

To call John R. Rice a reprobate is not of the Lord. And, to call out his name in a thread called, "What are Your Thoughts on Effeminate Men in the Name of Christ," and insinuate that John R. Rice is an effeminate man of God is a lie, deceitful, and a shame.

I think you might want to read my post again. I said they “taught” the reprobate doctrine, sir. 

• Members
19 hours ago, wretched said:

Oh my friend, you have made it abundantly clear early on that your views on doctrine have been determined through Mr  Anderson's lenses. You can no longer distinguish his teachings from Scripture.

All I am asking you to do is to get it from God alone and you will start to comprehend the Spirit of Truth and be free of this spirit of error. Follow the below link with an open heart unadulterated by men. 

Just try it for a few months and you will see the differences. Trust me you will get hooked and will see His Word as He intended, as The BREAD OF LIFE.

Take it from a Former tare who followed all the "great men of God" for 30 plus years.

Anderson may be a good teacher, but he is not the Word of God. God’s words speak for themselves, and one reason that I respect the man is for defending the word of God and pointing out continually the right gospel. 
1 John 2:27 tells us that because we have the Holy Spirit to teach us, we don’t need a man to teach us. Anderson was the man who pointed me to that. 
The reality is that when a person casts down the presuppositions of past teaching by men, and reads the Bible for themselves, they will find many things that contradict popular doctrine, and that is what people really don’t like, so they blame it on one man teaching it, rather than refuting the doctrine with scripture.

I’m not quoting Anderson, I’m quoting the Bible. If I wanted to quote men, I could quote many current preachers, many modern teachers, and many from antiquity. Little children repeat what others say to make a point, while the learned speak to the authority. I have not exhibited child like behavior hear, and do not succumb to it. I could quit listening to all preaching for 20 years and the Bible would still say the same thing. Why would I seek a spirit that doesn’t agree with the Word of God?

21 minutes ago, Alan said:

I know what you said.

Paul,

You are the one who is teaching reprobate doctrine. You cannot 'rightly divide' Romans chapter one and the other passages you listed.

Why were you saying that I was calling John R Rice a reprobate?

• Members
2 minutes ago, Paul Christian said:

Anderson may be a good teacher, but he is not the Word of God. God’s words speak for themselves, and one reason that I respect the man is for defending the word of God and pointing out continually the right gospel. 
1 John 2:27 tells us that because we have the Holy Spirit to teach us, we don’t need a man to teach us. Anderson was the man who pointed me to that. 
The reality is that when a person casts down the presuppositions of past teaching by men, and reads the Bible for themselves, they will find many things that contradict popular doctrine, and that is what people really don’t like, so they blame it on one man teaching it, rather than refuting the doctrine with scripture.

I’m not quoting Anderson, I’m quoting the Bible. If I wanted to quote men, I could quote many current preachers, many modern teachers, and many from antiquity. Little children repeat what others say to make a point, while the learned speak to the authority. I have not exhibited child like behavior hear, and do not succumb to it. I could quit listening to all preaching for 20 years and the Bible would still say the same thing. Why would I seek a spirit that doesn’t agree with the Word of God?

Why were you saying that I was calling John R Rice a reprobate?

Steven Anderson is not a man of God. Anderson is a false teacher, a man full of hate, and is not qualified to be in the ministry: especially to be a pastor of a church.

As I said before,  as with Steven Anderson, you cannot 'rightly divide the scriptures. Just because you, and Anderson, can quote the Bible does not mean you are correct.

You wrote that John R. Rice "taught" reprobate doctrine. To teach a reprobate doctrine is to be a reprobate.

• Members
17 minutes ago, Alan said:

Steven Anderson is not a man of God. Anderson is a false teacher, a man full of hate, and is not qualified to be in the ministry: especially to be a pastor of a church.

As I said before,  as with Steven Anderson, you cannot 'rightly divide the scriptures. Just because you, and Anderson, can quote the Bible does not mean you are correct.

You wrote that John R. Rice "taught" reprobate doctrine. To teach a reprobate doctrine is to be a reprobate.

Now you are calling John R Rice, Glen Schunk,, and Jack Hyles reprobates. They all taught crossing a line with God, and not being able to be saved, using the same verses that I did. 

• Members
31 minutes ago, Alan said:

• Members
12 minutes ago, Paul Christian said:

Now you are calling John R Rice, Glen Schunk,, and Jack Hyles reprobates. They all taught crossing a line with God, and not being able to be saved, using the same verses that I did. 

I did not call John R. Rice a reprobate and you know it. You are the one who is crossing the line with your false interpretation of Romans chapter one and the other associated passages of scripture.

• Members
42 minutes ago, Paul Christian said:

That John R. Rice, and other fine IFB men of God, taught that a person could commit unpardonable sins is correct. But, Paul Christian, and pastor Joe  Major, twist John R. Rice's words, and teachings, to fit Pastor Anderson's "Reprobate Doctrine." John R. Rice's "unpardonable sin" teaching, Hebrew 6:4-6, and other passages listed in the John R. Rice issue of "The Sword of Lord," on July 2, 1948, is not, nor was never, the "Reprobate Doctrine" that is taught by Steven Anderson and his followers.

I am not surprised at all of this deceit by Paul Christian and Joe Major. The John R. Video was produced by  Pastor Joe Major, Faith Baptist Church; Baton Rouge, LA, and he  is an Andersonite, the NewIFB, to the core.
https://www.thenewifb.com/church-directory

https://faithbaptistchalmette.com/

Paul Christian, can you answer the following questions?

1. Are you pastor Joe Major?

2. If not, what church do you attend?

3. Are you in the ministry?

As I said before, Paul Christian is twisting the teaching of John R. Rice. Paul Christian, as with Steven Anderson and his followers, are false teachers, full of hate, and will twist the fine teaching of old-time IFB men of God anyway that that fits their twisted beliefs on Romans chapter one and other passages of scripture.

Edited by Alan
wrong date

• Members
1 minute ago, Alan said:

That John R. Rice, and other fine IFB men of God, taught that a person could commit unpardonable sins is correct. But, Paul Christian, and pastor Joe  Major, twist John R. Rice's words, and teachings, to fit Pastor Anderson's "Reprobate Doctrine." John R. Rice's "unpardonable sin" teaching, Hebrew 6:4-6, and other passages listed in the John R. Rice issue of "The Sword of Lord," on July 2, 2914, is not, nor was never, the "Reprobate Doctrine" that is taught by Steven Anderson and his followers.

I am not surprised at all of this deceit by Paul Christian and Joe Major. The John R. Video was produced by  Pastor Joe Major, Faith Baptist Church; Baton Rouge, LA, and he  is an Andersonite, the NewIFB, to the core.
https://www.thenewifb.com/church-directory

https://faithbaptistchalmette.com/

Paul Christian, can you answer the following questions?

1. Are you pastor Joe Major?

2. If not, what church do you attend?

3. Are you in the ministry?

As I said before, Paul Christian is twisting the teaching of John R. Rice. Paul Christian, as with Steven Anderson and his followers, are false teachers, full of hate, and will twist the fine teaching of old-time IFB men of God anyway that that fits their twisted beliefs on Romans chapter one and other passages of scripture.

I don't think that you understand the reprobate doctrine. It is summed up by saying that there is a line that people cross with God that they can no longer be saved. These preachers of old used the same chapters and verses to teach it. There is no difference between "unpardonable sins" and the "reprobate doctrine" other than the labels themselves. The only difference between Jack Hyles using all of those verses in Romans 1 and Steven Anderson using them, is that Jack Hyles didn't live in a day where baptist preachers exclude the very people being described in detail in Romans 1. Hyles had no need to expound on those verses because it was obvious to the people that he was preaching to what was between those verses, and he didn't live in a day where the "LGBTQ community" had a lot of political power to silence people in the public realm. 

Do you really think that Hyles would use those verses in Romans 1 to teach unpardonable sin, but then turn around and say that the verses he just used don't apply to the people being described in between those verses? That is a high level of cognitive dissonance, and is, quite frankly, desperate in nature. 

I attend Sure Foundation Baptist Church in Vancouver Wa. I have been authorized by my pastor to start an assisted living home ministry in my area on the Sunday mornings that I can not attend church, which is three hours away. I am starting a soul winning program where I live as well. Tomorrow is the first day of that program. 

My pastor wants me to video tape the nursing home ministry, partially because he wants to see what is going on, but also to get the word out, just in case there are like minded people in our area. 

I'll post links to the nursing home ministry Facebook and youtube pages when I get them established. 

• Members
5 hours ago, Paul Christian said:

A. I love that you at once say you do not follow Andetson and then immediately say you do.......

B. Sometimes popular doctrine is popular BECAUSE it is right....

C. People here in general do not like Anderson because he is a proven false teacher, and not just in this matter, but in many matters 

D. Your initial premise is a set up for this argument. You have twice said something like "when I see effeminate preachers"...... I would suggest you stop going where effeminate preachers preach, and stop looking for effeminate preachers to be offended by. You won't find them at the church I attend, nor would I suggest at any other church represented here.

Plenty who won't follow Anderson and his false teaching, but none who support "effeminate preachers".

• Members

I’m not plugging Anderson, but clearly he has a lot of people on the defensive concerning doctrine, and anyone that believes the same  as he does on certain doctrine will be labeled a “follower” of his. 
All I seem to be getting is general statements rather than scriptural refutations on the doctrine. When I mention that God gave them up, God gave them over, and God gave them up, all I seem to get in return is “that doesn’t mean what it says”, or “the Pauline epistles generally refute that”, when Paul was the one who wrote it. 
I can post the respected preachers of old using those verses to teach the same doctrine, and people will defend the preacher while rejecting their doctrine. It’s like doing a study on cognitive dissonance. 
First, people tell me that it is never too late for anyone, then say that it is for some, just not the ones specifically mentioned in the verses that have historically been used to preach the doctrine. Then they pick out a preacher that currently preaches the doctrine and accuse me of being some blind follower of the man, even though I had never mentioned the man, and gave and compared a whole slew of scripture to make my doctrinal points. 
I don’t respect a person who can only “win” an argument through guilt by association. 
Convince me of how men with men and the women leaving the natural use of the man has nothing to do with God gave them up and over to it, or how God gave them up and over doesn’t mean that God contributed to it. Now we are just down to English grammar and word definitions, because the Bible says it. 
This is only hard to be understood for people who don’t have ears to hear it. 

• Members

Brother Paul,

I do not have the time at the moment to provide an extended presentation concerning Romans 1:18-32.  However, I did want to interject a quick post concerning the present progress in this thread discussion.  On the one hand, I myself DO believe that some lost sinners can reach a point wherein God the Father will cease to draw them unto Christ (as per Matthew 13:12-15), effectively making it impossible for them to come unto faith for salvation (as per John 6:44).  Indeed, I believe that some so persistently reject and rebel against faith in Christ until the Lord our God simply gives them up to the utter spiritual darkness which they have chosen for themselves, thus withdrawing any further light from them.  On the other hand, I do NOT believe that your handling of Romans 1:26-27 is precisely accurate in relation to this matter.  I am not quite sure at this point how soon I will find the time to expand on that word of disagreement.  (Note: This would reveal that I myself do believe in a form of "reprobate doctrine" (as you have titled it).  However, I am NOT fully convinced that the "reprobate mind" of Romans 1:28-32 is strictly a description of those who have crossed that line.  Thus I am NOT fully convinced that "reprobate" is the best term to use in describing this doctrine.)

• Members
22 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother Paul,

I do not have the time at the moment to provide an extended presentation concerning Romans 1:18-32.  However, I did want to interject a quick post concerning the present progress in this thread discussion.  On the one hand, I myself DO believe that some lost sinners can reach a point wherein God the Father will cease to draw them unto Christ (as per Matthew 13:12-15), effectively making it impossible for them to come unto faith for salvation (as per John 6:44).  Indeed, I believe that some so persistently reject and rebel against faith in Christ until the Lord our God simply gives them up to the utter spiritual darkness which they have chosen for themselves, thus withdrawing any further light from them.  On the other hand, I do NOT believe that your handling of Romans 1:26-27 is precisely accurate in relation to this matter.  I am not quite sure at this point how soon I will find the time to expand on that word of disagreement.  (Note: This would reveal that I myself do believe in a form of "reprobate doctrine" (as you have titled it).  However, I am NOT fully convinced that the "reprobate mind" of Romans 1:28-32 is strictly a description of those who have crossed that line.  Thus I am NOT fully convinced that "reprobate" is the best term to use in describing this doctrine.)

It seems like the preachers of old brought a lot of people to making a decision by peaching it. It certainly is a warning. The problem today seems to be the ecumenical trend toward Billy Graham doctrine. While the IFBs were preaching hard against the sexual revolution, which included sodomites being rejected of God, Billy Graham was including everyone.  
“Reprobate”, as defined by the first bible usage, just means rejected of God. (Jeremiah 6:30). We put names on doctrine that, hopefully, represent our doctrine well. Whether we call it the unpardonable sin doctrine, the reprobate doctrine, or the rejected of God doctrine, they all involve God giving up on saving a person. Since no man can come unless drawn, the question is simply how do we identify people of whom God is no longer drawing? 
I personally believe that people who obviously hate God have crossed that line, and since so many people are claiming to believe in the God of the Bible, one way to identify false believers is by finding out if they hate biblical teaching, which we first have to identify and articulate. 
A lot of “Christians” today hate salvation by grace through faith alone, and once saved always saved. I recently had a man get emotional and angry when I told him that repenting of your sins is works and gave him Jonah 3:10 and other verses. 
The only groups of people that the Bible seems to specifically identify as rejected of God are false prophets and homosexuals. The Bible also seems to include the latter as a possible trait of the former. 
I believe that my dad is likely reprobate. He has hated even the mention of God, or the Bible for a long time, and has no fear whatsoever to blaspheme God openly. 
My uncle is a sodomite, and I have witnessed Romans 1 in him. There is no unrighteousness that he would not do if he could get away with it. I believe that Romans 1 is a warning to us, particularly in the time and place that we live, because Baptist churches are inviting them into their congregations making their flocks vulnerable to all of the unrighteousnesses within them. If we heed God’s warnings concerning them, we might just stave off Gods judgement upon us a little longer, in our nation, in our churches, and even in our homes. If our children fall victim to them, it is very likely that they will turn into haters of God because of it, which is not right, but happens.

Even if I did not believe they were rejected of God, I would not allow them in my home or around my children. When we know that a brother is fornicating we ultimately kick them out of church and don’t even break bread with him. How much more the sodomite, given what the Bible says about them? 
Bad doctrine ruins lives, both in this world and the next. 
I look forward to hearing your words on the matter. 
A subject that I would like to explore is actually one that I disagree with many on, including many in the IFBs. I think that the rich young ruler was saved.