• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Role Of The Father In The Family

• Members

Ok, this is an interesting thing that I've come across. I blogged about it this evening, because I think it's interesting. And I believe that many here will find it interesting as well. Because I'm lazy, I'm not going to copy and paste my whole blog here. But if you'd like to read it at my blog, I think it would make an interesting discussion. If you care to comment on my blog, feel free to do so. I feel sad when people visit but don't comment. Here's the link to my recent blog post.

• Members

This is an excellent topic. I thought about posting last night but decided to wait until today but then I had computer problems earlier.

I'm not sure what aspect there is here that's controversial unless I missed something. Like all good things some people take them to extremes (like those who believe they are right to beat their wives into their warped view of submission; or those wives who believe they must obey every deviant and sinful command of their husbands; those who teach 'barefoot and pregnant', etc.) but none of that should negate the fact the Bible speaks clearly that the man is the head of the woman/family/home.

One of the great tragedies over the past hundred years or so has been the abdication by men, including many professing Christian men, of their God-ordained roles in the family, community, society, church, etc. The feminization of America has had a devastating effect upon virtually every aspect of this country.

There is absolutely a need for men to take their God ordained positions in the world and to take them seriously and biblically.