• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church needs a pastor.

Alan

• Members

Brethren,

There is a fine IFB, strong KJV, church in Eastern Michigan that is in need of a pastor or pulpit supply. The church runs around 25 solid saints, does not have any doctrinal, moral, financial, or other large problems. More than likely the pastor would need a secular job (but I am not sure of the financial arrangements).

Send me a private message (pm), here on Online Baptist if interested or if you know of someone who is interested.

Alan

Edited by Alan
deleted name of city.

• Members
11 hours ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

There is a fine IFB, strong KJV, church in Eastern Michigan that is in need of a pastor or pulpit supply. The church runs around 25 solid saints, does not have any doctrinal, moral, financial, or other large problems. More than likely the pastor would need a secular job (but I am not sure of the financial arrangements).

Send me a private message (pm), here on Online Baptist if interested or if you know of someone who is interested.

Alan

Yes, Brother Alan, it is VERY LIKELY that the pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church, Sandusky, would need a side job to support his family.

• Administrators

When I saw this post it generated a question in my mind. The question is one of finances and pastor salary. Two of the things bro. Alan mentioned is that there were no doctrinal or financial problems.

In  light of this I was wondering why this church couldn't or wouldn't support a pastor. My first thought was a doctrinal one: Has the church not been taught the basics  that would include these Scriptures? 1 Corinthians 9:14 (KJV) Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.  Luke 10:7 (KJV) And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.  1 Timothy 5:18 (KJV) For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

My second thought went to the financial ability of the members to support a pastor. If, out of the 25 solid saints there were only 15 that drew wages, and assuming that of those 15 they all only made $20,000 per year, that adds up to $2,000 in offerings each, per year. This times 15 totals $30,000.

Now granted, there must be other church expenses, but the figure of an annual income of $20,000 per person is on the extremely low side. Most people generate an income far in excess of this.

I know I am only guessing here and mean no disrespect to the church, but it would seem to me that this church could afford to support a pastor in some fashion, even if only a minimal amount.

I have had some experience in this matter when my first missionary pastor was asked to leave his secular job and allow the church to support him. Once again, I mean no disrespect neither do I ask these things to cause any controversy, I am simply curious about what could be seen as a discrepancy between what was said about doctrinal and financial issues and what might be reality.

Please don't take offense at what I have written, after all, it is really none of my business, but simply curiosity on my part.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

When I saw this post it generated a question in my mind. The question is one of finances and pastor salary. Two of the things bro. Alan mentioned is that there were no doctrinal or financial problems.

In  light of this I was wondering why this church couldn't or wouldn't support a pastor. My first thought was a doctrinal one: Has the church not been taught the basics  that would include these Scriptures? 1 Corinthians 9:14 (KJV) Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.  Luke 10:7 (KJV) And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.  1 Timothy 5:18 (KJV) For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

My second thought went to the financial ability of the members to support a pastor. If, out of the 25 solid saints there were only 15 that drew wages, and assuming that of those 15 they all only made $20,000 per year, that adds up to $2,000 in offerings each, per year. This times 15 totals $30,000.

Now granted, there must be other church expenses, but the figure of an annual income of $20,000 per person is on the extremely low side. Most people generate an income far in excess of this.

I know I am only guessing here and mean no disrespect to the church, but it would seem to me that this church could afford to support a pastor in some fashion, even if only a minimal amount.

I have had some experience in this matter when my first missionary pastor was asked to leave his secular job and allow the church to support him. Once again, I mean no disrespect neither do I ask these things to cause any controversy, I am simply curious about what could be seen as a discrepancy between what was said about doctrinal and financial issues and what might be reality.

Please don't take offense at what I have written, after all, it is really none of my business, but simply curiosity on my part.

Brother Jim,

I am fairly familiar with the church in question, since Melvin Baptist Church (the church wherein I pastor) and Emmanuel Baptist Church have maintained a level of fellowship over the past many years.  Most of the core membership are older couples, and many of those are on a fixed income (not large).  They probably could provide some small amount to a pastor, but that amount would very likely NOT be enough for the pastor to support his family.