• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Basic Revelation Outline:
The Four Returns of Christ.
1-4 For His Body (Rapture of the Church, 7 Candlesticks)
5-7 For His House (Cleansing the Temple, 7 Seals)
8-14 For His Nation (Saving Sealed Israel, 7 Trumpets)
15-22 For His Kingdom (Judging The World, 7 Vials)

Chronology of Revelation is progressive and accumulative in nature.

Edited by John Young

Basic details of the Four Returns of Christ in Revelation (Part 1 of 4)

The Return For His Body (Chapters 1-4)

When: On the Lord's Day

Where: In the Spirit (In the Air)

How soon: The time is at hand, when the voice like a Trumpet sounds

Who is included: Anyone who Hears what the Spirit says

Preparation: Angels need to guide their churches and keep them strong, Churches need to listen to the Spirit and fix their problems so they can be proper witnesses, The 7 churches have a special role to get the Book of Revelation out to the other churches.

Timeline: The things which are (before the Lord's Day)

Notable Persons Places and Things: Angel of Christ, Apostle John, The Spirit, 7 Angels (7 Stars), 7 Churches (7 Candlesticks), Christ (one like unto the Son of man), 24 Elders, 7 Spirits of God (7 lamps of fire), 4 beasts (cherub), The throne room of God.

Edited by John Young

On 9/20/2019 at 1:38 AM, John Young said:

Basic Revelation Outline:
The Four Returns of Christ.
1-4 For His Body (Rapture of the Church, 7 Candlesticks)
5-7 For His House (Cleansing the Temple, 7 Seals)
8-14 For His Nation (Saving Sealed Israel, 7 Trumpets)
15-22 For His Kingdom (Judging The World, 7 Vials)

Chronology of Revelation is progressive and accumulative in nature.

Bro. John, I did not respond to this post back in September simply because I am not seeing four actual returns of Christ. I have always thought of the second coming of Christ in two separate phases; the first is at the Rapture where we meet Him in the air. The second is after Armageddon, when His feet actually stand on the ground of the mountain. I do not think of this as two separate returns but rather one return in two parts.

So this still leaves me wondering if perhaps instead of the word "returns", you may have meant "happenings" when He returns? Perhaps you might elaborate more on the terminology you used so I can get un-confused.

3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

if perhaps instead of the word "returns", you may have meant "happenings" when He returns?

It can also be thought of as "Four Stages of Christ's Return" but I wanted to  emphasize the fact that in His return to establish His millennial kingdom, the bible does not actually teach that there will only be one "touch down" for restitution of all things but rather in His return He organizes and sets in place and motion and then "comes for" each of these groups in separate events before finally finally coming to earth in Revelation 19 with the armies of heaven.

In the First stage He comes in His Spirit for His Body (Revelation 1 and 4), In the second Stage He comes In God's Glory to cleans the Temple at the abomination of Desolation (Ezekiel 9, Revelation 7) , In the Third Stage He Comes as the Lamb and the Son of Man to save His Sealed Saints, and to make war with the Beast (Revelation 14), Then in the fourth stage he comes as the Word of God and In Power to judge and take over the world (Revelation 19).

Basic details of the Four Returns of Christ in Revelation (Part 2 of 4)

The Return For His House (Chapters 5-7)

When: At the Abomination of Desolation (on the great day of his wrath)

Where: In the Temple (By His Glory)

How soon: When the Temple is dedicated (to the anti-Christ religion at the placement of the image of jealousy) 

Who is included: All of Jerusalem will be judged of God's Glory and then retribution by the Anti-Christ will affect the whole world (Mark of the beast will be implemented after this act which will include wide spread Martyrdom of those to trust in Christ because of this event)   

Preparation: Cry and sigh for the abominations done therein. Sanctify yourself. Read and Understand.

Timeline: Hereafter , Mid Week

Notable Persons Places and Things: Seven Sealed Book, Strong Angel, Christ (Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David/Lamb as it had been slain), The Four horsemen, The souls under the throne and their fellowservants/brethren, The Four Angels of the earth, Angel with the seal of God, The 144,000 Israelites, The great multitude that "came out of great tribulation", His temple.

Edited by John Young

Basic details of the Four Returns of Christ in Revelation (Part 3 of 4)

The Return For His Nation, Israel (Chapters 8-14)

When: At the Gathering of the First fruits of Israel to Jerusalem (at the harvest/Reaping of the Earth by the angels)

Where: At Mount Sion (As the Lamb, and Son of Man)

How soon: Forty-two months after the Sealing of the 144,000 and three days after the two witnesses of God are killed in Jerusalem.

Who is included: The 144,000 and believers of Christ (those who endured through unto the end).   

Preparation: Don't worship or take the mark of the Beast. Believe on Christ, expect to be be martyred or endure unto the harvest. Don't persecute the Saints or retribution will be given in like measure.

Timeline: Hereafter, At the Harvest of the Earth, Forty-Two moths after the sealing of New Israel (The Woman with Sun Moon and twelve Stars, picturing the 144,000 who received Christ)

Notable Persons Places and Things: Half hour in Heaven, Seven angels with seven trumpets, Angel with golden censer, Prayers of the saints, the golden altar, fire of the altar, Wormwood, The angel crying woe to the earth, the three woes, the star with the key, the bottomless pit, the locust of the pit, Five months of torture, Abaddon, the four horns of the golden altar, the Four angels in Euphrates, an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, the army of horsemen, another mighty angel with a little book, seven thunders, time no longer, the seventh angel, the mystery of God, the voice from heaven, the continuing prophesy Of John, the reed like unto a rod, the Gentiles, Forty-two moths, the holy city, the beast of the pit, the remnant, The last Trump (the seventh angel sounded), the temple of God opened in heaven, the ark of his testament, a great wonder in heaven, The woman with child (New Israel), the red dragon, a man child caught up to heaven, the wilderness, a place prepared of God, the war in heaven, Michael and his angels, a flood and the earth, the remnant of the woman's seed (the 144,000), the beast from the sea, the wounded head, the mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, names not written in the book of life, another beast coming up out of the earth, the image to the beast, the number of the beast (666), a Lamb standing on mount Sion, his Father’s name, the new song of the 144,000, the firstfruits, another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel, another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, the third angel with a warning against worshiping the beast, a voice from heaven comforting the dead in Christ, a white cloud with one Like the Son of man, another angel coming out of the (earthly) temple, the harvest of the earth,  another angel coming out of the (heavenly) temple, the great winepress, a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Edited by John Young

Basic details of the Four Returns of Christ in Revelation (Part 4 of 4)

The Return For His Kingdom (Chapters 15-22)

When: At the marriage Supper

Where: Earth, Babylon

How soon: An hour and a day after Christ's return to Mt. Sion (An hour to judge and destroy the city of Babylon and then a day to finish the marriage supper Battle at Armageddon)

Who is included: Anyone who is with Babylon and gathered to the battle against Christ will be judged and destroyed.

Preparation: "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

Timeline: Hereafter, After New Israel is gathered to Mt. Sion.

Notable Persons Places and Things: Seven angels with seven vials, sea of glass mingled with fire, harps of God, the song of Moses, the song of the Lamb, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven (no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled), angel of the waters, Angel of the Alter, the kings of the east, unclean spirits like frogs, Armageddon, Babylon (the great whore), scarlet coloured beast, sins reaching unto heaven, the merchants of the earth, a stone like a great millstone, a voice coming out of the throne, the marriage of the Lamb, the marriage supper of the Lamb, the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy, heaven opened, white horses, Faithful and True, the Word of God, the armies which were in heaven, a sharp sword, an angel standing in the sun, the supper of the great God, the beat and false prophet, a lake of fire, remnant were slain with the sword, angel with a key and chain, Satan bound a thousand years, thrones, the first resurrection, Gog and Magog, tormented day and night for ever, a great white throne, the book of life, death and hell, a new heaven and a new earth, new Jerusalem, the water of life, the second death, a golden reed to measure the city, the glory of God, the nations of them which are saved, the Lamb’s book of life, the tree of life, the Spirit and the bride, The grace of our Lord. Amen.